Coimbra 1 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How does one pronounce Coimbra?

Something like |Queembra| - The «eem» is not pronounced like in english. The «ee» is like "ee" in "Queen"... But it becomes nasal and the "m" is not pronounced. It's just there to indicate that the vowel is nasal. In the «bra» the |a| is a very closed "a", similiar to «huh» but without the aspired "h".

Did I complicate it even more? :D

I think I get the general idea. Hard to type out what it sounds like on the page without hearing it, but I think I get it.

Thanks! :)

Nice. Hope they change a bit the setlist, today. It would be cool. Specially with Pride and Desire... people will go nuts and sing along. Speaking of which... My girlend sang along a lot more than I, and she's not a fan like I am... :lol:

'If you'd gone to the University of Coimbra, what might you have been?' Bono asked Edge. 'I don't know if I would have lasted,' came the reply. 'But I would have fallen back on my original career plan - a male model.'

When Larry grows up, he revealed, 'I fancy myself as a professional musician.'

Adam, asked Bono, you've had time to think about this. 'I'd like to try my hand at chemical engineering.'

As for the singer? 'Me? I am what I would have been... a travelling salesman. I sell songs with this group, my three best friends.'

I lolled. And Adam, you can always talk Chemistry with me. :flirt: I'll explain you all you want to know!

Back
Top Bottom