Bono undergoes emer. surgery -- tour impact forthcoming!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity, what does happen to our tickets if say half the tour is cancelled? Do we get a refund?

Ive never had concert tickets to an event that ends up being canceled due to the band's circumstances.

I just remember some bullshit complicated Ticketmaster process.

Just out of curiosity, what does happen to our tickets if say half the tour is cancelled? Do we get a refund?

Ive never had concert tickets to an event that ends up being canceled due to the band's circumstances.

I'm fairly certain that they face value is refunded, but not that TM fees they charge. Because, after all, why should TM have to suffer. GRRRRRR.

At least we can trust the U2 guys to not pull some busch-league BS and bring in a substitute singer. Hypothetically, how would the folks feel about a no talent ass-clown like Robbie Williams or Liam Gallagher standing in for Bono....or worse yet Scott Stapp!!!

I'd rather have Edge do the whole gig with himself as guitar/vocals.

Apologies, was overreacting a little earlier. Like everyone I just wish him a speedy recovery, I'm sure he'll bounce back in no time, although I wouldn't recommend him flying around on that mike-wheel again this tour :wink:

i think if they postpone to the fall, they'll offer a refund. they offered a refund when the new york show was moved last fall

I have two herniated disks in my back and last year, right before the Boston & NJ shows, I had a severe flare up that landed me in the ER. The pain was gone after a cortisone shot in my spine but my leg and foot are still numb almost a year later. I know people who've had to have that kind of surgery and the recovery took longer than a few weeks. Hope he's ok. Scary stuff.

electric_mobility_rascal_329le.jpg

Bono won't have to pay a penny out of pocket for his power chair. No accusations of being frivolous with African money!

Isn't the baseball field in Seattle one with a retractable top?? They could move it from the football stadium over to the baseball one, partially close it and leave the top of the Claw sticking out. (I do believe something similar was done last year at a show...) It would be available as I doubt Seattle will be around for playoffs in baseball and not mess up the NFL schedule.

Cowboy's Stadium has a retractable roof, and it was closed for the gig there because there was like a 10% chance of rain and it did drizzle a bit throughout the day. The spire was left off of the claw for that reason. Just fyi.

I hope Bono takes plenty of time to recover.

Worst case scenario is that he feels the pressure to tour, does a few US dates, injures himself again, and puts European dates at risk, too.

This tour is such logistical craziness, they really need to be 100 percent certain.

Worst case scenario is that he feels the pressure to tour, does a few US dates, injures himself again, and puts European dates at risk, too.

This tour is such logistical craziness, they really need to be 100 percent certain.

I would be OK with that:shifty: US got screwed on the last tour. It's Europe's turn. I kid, I kid. kind of.

I would rather see him late this year or early next year when he's fully healed and back up to speed. As much as I have a vacation planned around the Seattle show, I don't think it's logical to expect him to recover so quickly.

WOW.

I just got off the phone with my brother in Salt Lake who was starting the spying/rehearsal information giving process for me.

Nothing to add to what everyone else has already said.

I truly hope Bono is ok and that he has a full and speedy recovery.

Tours have been delayed before, things happen in people's lives and that is more important.

Just ask the people in Australia, New Zealand and Japan if U2 is good for making it up to their fans!

I am disappointed like everyone else, but not selfish enough to say "and I miss these shows, thats the worst part of it all!"

Lets try and stay off the speculation until we hear the official word.

U2.com has actually been very good about this so far.

1st date?

Who knows...

Could be Denver, could be Glastonbury, could be European leg opener.

Lets hope its as soon as possible without jeopardizing Bono's health further.

I can't imagine them flat out CANCELLING the tour. They've already sold so many tickets, there's too much money to be made to simply not do it. My guess is that if Bono needs a few months to recover, they'll simply start up with the European tour in August, do AUS/ASIA/SA in the wintertime months, and then reschedule this US leg for spring 2011. There is simply not enough time in 2010 to reschedule these shows, with the Euro tour in aug-oct, and the fact that you can't have outdoors shows in NA after October.

Maybe this will give them more time to A: finish another album, B: put a few more shows on sale. Spring 2011 is a long time from now, I'm sure they could sell out a show in Ohio by then! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom