Bono undergoes emer. surgery -- tour impact forthcoming!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BONO UPDATE: U2 Crew members in Salt Lake telling group of fans: tour will resume June 27th in Minneapolis(via@jaimearodriguez)

What about the shows before that? I've got tickets to Oakland. I hope they'll at least be rescheduled.

If this is actually true, and they're ready to announce it, I'm going to take that as good news re: his health. Must not be worst kind of back injury/surgery if they expect him to be up and about in just a few weeks.

So, good news on several fronts. :up:

If there are 3 claws. And one is going to MN now... best case scenario (as one isn't needed at Glasto) Seattle or Edmonton might be the first show?

Time will tell.

June 03, 2010: Salt Lake City, UT at Rice Eccles Stadium (Postponed)

June 06, 2010: Anaheim, CA at Angel Stadium

June 07, 2010: Anaheim, CA at Angel Stadium

June 12, 2010: Denver, CO at Invesco Field

June 16, 2010: Oakland, CA at Oakland Coliseum

June 20, 2010: Seattle, WA at Qwest Field

June 23, 2010: Edmonton AB, Canada at Commonwealth Stadium

June 25, 2010: Pilton, England at Glastonbury Festival

June 27, 2010: Minneapolis, MN at TCF Bank Stadium

Depending on the seriousness and recovery, they may just decide to stay in Europe through Glastonbury, and then head the US.

I'm sure everything that's before that would be rescheduled. My friends at work are already bummed about Seattle, but at least it we'd still get a chance to go later, whenever it got moved.

Wow, this certainly sucks for everyone. Except for the hospital people because for them it's what they do so it's normal -- probably even a bit of a thrill because it's someone famous, although I imagine that has it's pita moments too.

A lot of disappointment for a lot of people, but I hope Bono recovers quickly and well, and that the shows are able to be rescheduled.

If this is actually true, and they're ready to announce it, I'm going to take that as good news re: his health. Must not be worst kind of back injury/surgery if they expect him to be up and about in just a few weeks.

So, good news on several fronts. :up:

Bull's blood. I'm calling it now. It's worked wonders for Lar' over the years, he flies to Germany specifically FOR the treatments.

resize

^^This could work, hanging from the screen.

Bono undergoes emergency back surgery; doctors believe it is because he is continually trying to throw his arms around the world

rimshot.gif

I've got Philly tickets - hope we are safe b/c I have no idea how Stub Hub handles tickets that have changed hands several times. Damn I paid a lot for them.

I say no wheelchairs, rascals, slings, counter-weights or pulleys. Just plain Bono and maybe Adam and Edge need to move around more. Maybe Bono needs to stop swinging on the damn wheel mic and just sing anyway.

At least we can trust the U2 guys to not pull some busch-league BS and bring in a substitute singer. Hypothetically, how would the folks feel about a no talent ass-clown like Robbie Williams or Liam Gallagher standing in for Bono....or worse yet Scott Stapp!!!

Get better B-man!

Ahh man. I hope it's not too serious. However, anyone with a bad back can attest to the fact that it sucks. You stiffen up a lot and can't quite move the way you used to.

Feel better man!

Coincidently, I have been having my first experience with back pain this week. It is not fun. You never realize how much you cant do if your back is in pain. Luckily, my meds are working for me. I cant imagine how bad Bono must have it for him to have emergency surgery! Poor guy must be in lots of pain. I hope he takes it easy so that he can get back to normal. His health is the most important thing.

Reba McKintyre did part of a tour in wheelchair. The fake INXS singer did a bunch of arena dates with a full leg brace. There's other examples, even if Bono should wait until he's 100%.

I saw The Cult in the 80's with lead singer Ian Astbury doing the entire show from a stool after some kind of injury (I don't remember now) It was kind of weird to say the least.

Just out of curiosity, what does happen to our tickets if say half the tour is cancelled? Do we get a refund?

Ive never had concert tickets to an event that ends up being canceled due to the band's circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom