Bono undergoes emer. surgery -- tour impact forthcoming!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't he joke a few years back about his slipped disc, saying it happened having rough sex.

Hachi machi!

It's impressive that they actually updated the thing at all, honestly.

I can picture their whoops headline now:

"Band Begins Energetic, Athletic Rehearsals!"

It's sad that I'm so impressed by their super-timely update.

Hmm so ticketmaster will be refunding our tickets? What if you changed your cc since you purchased the tickets? I just went into my account and updated my cc information. I hope that works.

I hope Bono recovers quickly and completely. Hopefully not too much of the tour is delayed and everyone stays healthy. I was so looking forward to this summer, but if plans change then so be it. His health does come first.

Hmm so ticketmaster will be refunding our tickets? What if you changed your cc since you purchased the tickets? I just went into my account and updated my cc information. I hope that works.

If a concert is postponed and rescheduled, usually they give you the option of reusing the same ticket, or getting a refund.

any realize this is the second straight tour the west coast has been burned U2 illness/injury?

It's not like we didn't already get U2 concerts on the first legs of both tours.

on the last tour, the dates were pushed back two months and I remember people scrambling to change reservations. So far on this tour, everyone north of los angeles and south of vancouver bc has not gotten one show. they will take place at some point... either October or November or next spring... but people are once again scrambling to change trips.

TM won't do anything unless it's cancelled, not just postponed. They're not in a hurry to refund $ and obviously want people to hold onto their tickets. I got a credit for a rescheduled show a few weeks ago, but I had to call them and initiate the process. Even then, the rep gave me the "are you sure?" before cancelling my tickets and crediting my card. The smithtix email also encourages fans to hang tight.

They wouldn't refund you unless the ticket/show was cancelled. So yeah, if an entirely new date was scheduled - after the first show was cancelled (not postponed), you'd have to buy a new ticket.

Why are people automatically assuming "cancellation" already at this point?

Yes but Bono loves to run and jump and MAKE WIERD DANCE MOVES and to give us his stamina, his heart. I don't think he could ever do this...

He won't perform like Knopfler, but the entire production will be impacted. He probably won't be running around the ramps, and will perform some songs more stationary than normal or even seated.

Postpone to the point where he gets better, crank out the next CD, then starts up the tour again with songs from both CD's!!!

A four hour gig???:D

TM won't do anything unless it's cancelled, not just postponed. They're not in a hurry to refund $ and obviously want people to hold onto their tickets. I got a credit for a rescheduled show a few weeks ago, but I had to call them and initiate the process. Even then, the rep gave me the "are you sure?" before cancelling my tickets and crediting my card. The smithtix email also encourages fans to hang tight.

Yeah I think if they're def going to reschedule the dates we should just be able to use our existing tickets. Much less of a hassle for everyone including TM.

I think they'll give you a refund if it's just postponed (minus the fees, I wouldn't doubt). or you can hold onto your original ticket and it'll be honored at the make-up date (like the Honolulu show--my ticket said April though it was really December...).

He won't perform like Knopfler, but the entire production will be impacted. He probably won't be running around the ramps, and will perform some songs more stationary than normal or even seated.

To be honest I think he should. Hopefully he'll realise that people just want to see them and him play live, whether in a chair or jumping around old-style (which he doesn't do anymore anyway).

When the Giant's Stadium show was rescheduled from a Friday to Wednesday last fall, we just used the Friday ticket for Wednesday. We didn't have to re-purchase tix.

Doh! I live in Seattle, am the proud owner of GA tickets for the Seattle show...and will be on the east coast for my wedding from Oct 27-Nov 15...the most likely time for the shows to be rescheduled. :doh:

....maybe Bono will get well soon and the Seattle show will still go on?

I'm not gonna lie ... I achieved very little at work today, thanks to all of this.

:shifty:

Yeah, my day today was supposed to be a cleaning/laundry day around the house. I managed ONE load of laundry and cleaned out my pantry.

I am not handling this very well.

I'd be worse if I didn't have the Blue Crack to keep me occupied....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom