Amsterdam Setlist Party Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm stupid because I want this? Okay.

Given the choice, I'd rather hear TUF and UC instead of One and WOWY at the next concert I go to. I've heard One and WOWY tons of times.

It's not going to happen though. U2 has tons of hits, but they'll almost never drop their absolute biggest hits.

by the way, if any of you actually think that because of tonight, U2 will never play UC and UF again, please pm me, and i'll send you my home address so you can come over and get punched in the neck.
Of course UC and TUF are coming back. But now we'll all be able to rejoice and get excited when they come back in Dublin.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder, even if it's a brief one.

:drool: mmm, Rejoice ... :drool:

wow. awesome setlist for sure! i'd like to see the band drop Desire and Stuck for UC and UF, otherwise, pretty flawless setlist.

by the way, if any of you actually think that because of tonight, U2 will never play UC and UF again, please pm me, and i'll send you my home address so you can come over and get punched in the neck.

So, do you think they're going to drop UC and UF altogether???? :sad: :sad:

Heh. You're probably right, although I remember fans on WIRE having this exact discussion after the band dropped 'DYFL' and 'IGWSHA' early in the PopMart tour. Everyone assumed, oh, they're just working out the kinks, and are rotating some of the hits in, but then those two songs didn't come back. So, you never know. I bet the band doesn't even know.... they kind of make these things up as they go, depending on the feel of the crowd, the flow of the show, etc.

According to U2gigs, I have been to 25 U2 concerts, all since Popmart.
I have heard Elevation performed 22 times. Until the end of the World 10 times. Bad, 8 times.

I am seeing U2 six times this fall. I would rather hear Unknown Caller and TUF all six times rather than hearing either Elevation, Bad and UTEOTW.

Furthermore, I have never heard Electrical Storm.

Just sayin; its exciting and all that they've done this, but I think they could have taken out other songs. Otherwise, this is just Vertigo X 2. Pun intended.

was listening to uteow...now i can see why everyone got pissed at mikes (again)

-dan

Looks like the first reviews on u2tours.com agree that UC and UF make this show unique.

so um first video from Amsterdam II ... complete with a joint being passed around to the camera man at 1:00 :lmao:

YouTube - U2 Amsterdam Arena 210709

+1 doobie

doobie-master.jpg

-dan

Tonights Setlist

1. Breathe
2. No Line On The Horizon
3. Get On Your Boots
4. Magnificent
5. Beautiful Day
6. Elevation
7. Desire/ Billie Jean(Snippet)/ Don't Stop Till You Get Enough(Snippet)
8. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
9. One
10. Until The End Of The World/ Break On Through(Snippet)
11. City Of Blinding Lights
12. Vertigo
13. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight(Remix)
14. Sunday Bloody Sunday/ Rock The Casbah(Snippet)
15. Pride(In The Name Of Love)
16. MLK
17. Walk On/ You'll Never Walk Alone
18. Where The Streets Have No Name/40(Snippet)
19. Bad/ Fool To Cry(Snippet)/40(Snippet)

Encore

20. Ultraviolet(Light My Way)
21. With or Without You
22. Moment Of Surrender/ Drowning Man(Snippet)

:ohmy::drool::faint: OMG I am back to work and they played UTEOTW Bad Elevation...AND a snippet of the song people have been wanting them to play Drowning Man all in the same concert! ...holy cow!!! I missed a good one :lol:...:applaud:
I can`t wait to have this one...wheres the Bootleg :wink:
I just realized they took out UC:ohmy: :sad:

Hi folks,
I've just come home from Amsterdam 2; great show with a few surprises... A great evening with the setlist mixed up.....I was in GA again. At the first show I was in the inner circle, today I was in the middle of the GA area to have a good overview....

Next stop London 1 on 14 august...

Holy fucking god, people.

Great show, and it was nice being taken by surprise by the set. UTEOTW was completely out of left-field for me, and Bad ... oh man, Bad. The live U2 song. To end a main set on Streets/Bad? Absolutely ideal.

Best gig of the tour so far, no question about it.

Bad is the quintessential live song from U2. I know it is tough on Bono's voice, but if any song should be played every night, it would be this one.

UTEOTW is in the top 5 live U2 songs ever--These are also tailor made for stadiums. I hope they play both of these at the Rose Bowl.

while Elevation isn't one of my favorites, it is great live--best setlist so far, IMO.

Ultra Violet, The Unforgettable Fire, and Until The End Of The World are three of my favorite U2 songs of all time.

All of those in my top 10 as well. It's really great they played Until The End of The World. REALLY great, I mean, huge thumbs up U2, I'm very happy. BUT does it have to take the place of Unforgettable Fire? Here's to hoping that they find a better spot for it. Just after Beautiful Day maybe?

Best gig of the tour so far, no question about it.

When they drop Electrical Storm, Unknown Caller, Unforgettable Fire and Mysterious Ways and you still can say this, you know the show was great.

Back
Top Bottom