September (NOW 23rd) & 24 -- Giants Stadium (East Rutherford, NJ)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well of course I am going to the Giants Stadium show(s). :) I have trepidation about doing GA in a stadium, primarily because I'm afraid I won't be able to see anything, but with the pricing and all, it's either that or nosebleeds I think, so I'll be sucking it up (I may do a seat for one).

I'll be there at Giants Stadium. Too bad we have to wait 6 months for the show. But, by then, the boys should be running on all cylinders.

i would say that they've reserved the stadiums in many locations for more than one date and will put the other dates on sale based upon how quick the first dates sell out.

last thing they want to do is end up with a half empty stadium for the second (or third) shows... not that that would be a problem in new york, but perhaps in other locations.

popmart giants night 3 had nobody in the upper deck and they were literally giving away thousands of tickets for free through radio stations and community groups.

zoo tv giants sold out 2 nights and zoo tv yankee stadium 2 weeks later sold out 2 (technically because there were still large blocks of empty seats in the upper deck night 2)

160,000 seats is still a lot of tix to sell, even in nyc. that's the equivalent of more than a weeks worth of shows at the garden. since there is no philly show to the south, and no albany or hartford to the north, giants will be drawing from a larger pool of potential concert goers though.

popmart giants night 3 had nobody in the upper deck and they were literally giving away thousands of tickets for free through radio stations and community groups.

zoo tv giants sold out 2 nights and zoo tv yankee stadium 2 weeks later sold out 2 (technically because there were still large blocks of empty seats in the upper deck night 2)

160,000 seats is still a lot of tix to sell, even in nyc. that's the equivalent of more than a weeks worth of shows at the garden. since there is no philly show to the south, and no albany or hartford to the north, giants will be drawing from a larger pool of potential concert goers though.

and vertigo sold out 8 shows at madison square garden and two shows in the meadowlands for at least 18,000 per show, for a total of 180,000+, and could have done more shows if they honestly wanted to.

selling out 2 giants stadium shows isn't going to be an issue.

OK posted this elsewhere but GA looks scary to me...

go into the site and on the bottom right click on the 2nd camera orb..thats the set up

U2 360� Tour

people that's just a model... look at the actual stadium schematics. the legs of the "claw" stretch from one side of the field to the other. in those images on 360 it looks like the crowd surrounds the "claw" and that the stage setup is in the middle of the field.

the images on 360 make the stage look smaller than it really is and the stadium bigger than it really is.

Wait..you mean Giants Stadium isn't in New York, New York like U2 insists?

giants stadium is part of the meadowlands sports complex in east rutherford, new jersey... a tad over 5 miles outside of manhattan. the nyc skyline is visable from the parking lot.

it's easy to get to by car, but parking can be an issue especially considering that they're building a new stadium in the parking lot to replace the current one.

there are busses that leave from the port authority bus terminal on 42nd street in manhattan that drop you off and pick you up at giants stadium, and new jersey transit is almost done with a rail link that will allow you to take a 10 minute train ride from penn station directly into the meadowlands (and back after the show). the link is scheduled to be done by the start of this year's NFL season, meaning it should be open for u2's concert.

I live in holland but will be in NYC on the 24th of September (holiday)!
I'm not a member of the fanclub, so i have to try to get 2 tickets during the general sale.

2 questions: Can anyone give me a link of the company who's selling the tickets in the US (like ticketmaster or something...) and on which day is the general sale?? I know it's gonna be difficult to get them, but I have to try since I'm there anyway...

and vertigo sold out 8 shows at madison square garden and two shows in the meadowlands for at least 18,000 per show, for a total of 180,000+, and could have done more shows if they honestly wanted to.

selling out 2 giants stadium shows isn't going to be an issue.

maybe not, but a lot of the people who were at the garden probably saw more than one show, especially since they played on two different legs. also people are probably more willing to buy a crappy seat in the 400's in the garden than the 300 level of giants. bad seats in the garden are still a lot closer than most people will be in giants.

probably why they put the less desirable thursday show on sale first. if or when that sells out it would be easier to sell 80,000 seats on a weekend for a second show.

i would be less concerned about them selling 160,000 tix in the nyc market than selling 100k in dc.

Giants Stadium and DC will both sell out. Without a show in Philly, everyone from Philadelphia, Delaware, South Jersey, and basically eastern PA will be joining in on the demand for these two shows.

giants stadium is part of the meadowlands sports complex in east rutherford, new jersey... a tad over 5 miles outside of manhattan. the nyc skyline is visable from the parking lot.

it's easy to get to by car, but parking can be an issue especially considering that they're building a new stadium in the parking lot to replace the current one.

there are busses that leave from the port authority bus terminal on 42nd street in manhattan that drop you off and pick you up at giants stadium, and new jersey transit is almost done with a rail link that will allow you to take a 10 minute train ride from penn station directly into the meadowlands (and back after the show). the link is scheduled to be done by the start of this year's NFL season, meaning it should be open for u2's concert.

I'll be there! And this is great info to have--thanks! Can anyone recommend a good hotel to stay in while in NY (I'll be traveling from D.C.)? Looking for something kind of nice, but not ridiculously costly. Also safe and fun location with access to public transport into Giants Stadium. Thanks!

I live in holland but will be in NYC on the 24th of September (holiday)!
I'm not a member of the fanclub, so i have to try to get 2 tickets during the general sale.

2 questions: Can anyone give me a link of the company who's selling the tickets in the US (like ticketmaster or something...) and on which day is the general sale?? I know it's gonna be difficult to get them, but I have to try since I'm there anyway...

U2 Concert Tickets - Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey

Wow, I live here and I had no idea about the rail link...that is very good news! I usually have to dash as the last song is playing to catch the bus before the lines get really long, and also hope there isn't much traffic.

I've never done this before. How exactly do we get to the page to enter our pre-order passwords when the time comes? Press the big blue button that says "Concert Tickets"?

Just some info.

There is a hotel right across the highway from Giants Stadium, a Sheraton which stands directly behind my work building. The sucky part is that there is no easy way to cross the highway with all of the construction going on in the stadium parking lot and around it.

Giants Stadium currently can hold 82,500 and if Bruce Springsteen sold 10 shows there in 2005, U2 should be able to sell more than 1 show if they decide to do more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom