September 16, 17, Rogers Centre, Toronto Canada - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
when you call see if they will give info whether they will provide a way to line up inside on the ramp

I would but it's my ex-bf who will be calling and it will be difficult to relay this type of question through text.
I'm not even sure what you mean by 'inside on the ramp'?

Btw, I may have missed this but has a gathering been agreed upon?

I have Tues., Wed and Thurs off - I'm up for a party!! :cocktail:

No one's being decisive, so there are no plans made as far as I know. I'm not getting into town till Tuesday late afternoon or early evening. If I'm lining up in the wee hours or even camping out, that rules out partying for me Tuesday night, although I suppose a quick drink or two would be okay. Same for the next night. I'm all in on Thurs night though, as long as I'm not falling asleep or anything. Doubt I'll be tired though after two days of adrenaline.

Are you staying both nights? If so, you should def be refreshed for 2 days of GA queuing !

Yeah, but if I have to be outside camping out, I'm not sure how refreshing it'll be. I hope TO people have more sense than Chicago people did, a few hours sleep in a bed each night would be nice!

What night is Brady playing the Hideout again?

i think gate 15 and gate 1 are normally for access to 500 level seats for blue jays games. there is probably another, rarely used, access ramp that decends from the gates down to the GA floor area since there are no typical steps down to the GA floor area from those gates.

No one's being decisive, so there are no plans made as far as I know. I'm not getting into town till Tuesday late afternoon or early evening. If I'm lining up in the wee hours or even camping out, that rules out partying for me Tuesday night, although I suppose a quick drink or two would be okay. Same for the next night. I'm all in on Thurs night though, as long as I'm not falling asleep or anything. Doubt I'll be tired though after two days of adrenaline.

I vote for you to be decisive! :yes:

Brady's gig at the Hideout would be cool but it's on Queen St. so not exactly a stone's throw from the stadium.

I'm definitely not camping out so I'm up for a drink Tuesday night, Wednesday night and heck even Thursday night (despite the fact I work the next day :mad: )

Btw, I may have missed this but has a gathering been agreed upon?

I have Tues., Wed and Thurs off - I'm up for a party!! :cocktail:

I tried last week to see if people would even recommend something near by, but no one responded.

I'll probably be at Fionn Mccool's on King Street Tuesday night though. I'd love to go to the Irish Embassy, but it seems too far for us (my group, I mean, not other fans).

I tried last week to see if people would even recommend something near by, but no one responded.

I'll probably be at Fionn Mccool's on King Street Tuesday night though. I'd love to go to the Irish Embassy, but it seems too far for us (my group, I mean, not other fans).

The Irish Embassy isn't that great and it's full of suits during the week. PJ O'Brien's is better.

If people are going out on Tuesday, I might be interested in joining, depending on how work goes.

If people are going out on Tuesday, I might be interested in joining, depending on how work goes.

Possibly count me in too. I know there's a few Interferencers in TO I'd like to meet now that I live here! :)

Is there any consensus as to what events people are planning here yet?

I am really suggesting the closest bar for the 17th is the Loose Mosse i dont think i will be able to walk a lot further after standing the whole show.

I agree with Melon and Anitram about Tuesday being the best night to meet up; I might be too tired the Wed. and Thurs. evenings.

PJ O'Brien's is close-ish to the Rogers Centre (i.e. hotels where most people are staying)?

I've now worked 7 days straight, so I'm pretty sure that I'll be in no shape to go out on Thursday night. :lol:

how far is PJ Obriens from King and and Bathurst? because that would be my first choice, unless Mccools is just as good? it also needs to be easy to get to, ie easy to find for a driver.

one more question, what subway stop is closest to Roger's?

how far is PJ Obriens from King and and Bathurst? because that would be my first choice, unless Mccools is just as good? it also needs to be easy to get to, ie easy to find for a driver.

Union Station, the main train/bus/subway stop downtown.

A 5-6 minute walk from there to the stadium.

Wow after reading about the GA mess in Chicago I really hope the Rogers Centre is better prepared to deal with the crowd. :crack:

McCools is alright, definitely closer to you (10 min walk as opposed to 25).

If you're going from King/Bathurst to the show, you wouldn't be taking the subway anyhow. I actually plan on walking from there (and back after the show) but you can also take the streetcar to Spadina/King and then just walk south on Spadina make a left on Front and you're almost there.

McCools is alright, definitely closer to you (10 min walk as opposed to 25).

If you're going from King/Bathurst to the show, you wouldn't be taking the subway anyhow. I actually plan on walking from there (and back after the show) but you can also take the streetcar to Spadina/King and then just walk south on Spadina make a left on Front and you're almost there.

I just googled PJ O'Briens - I didn't realize that was the Irish Embassy. That does look quite good :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom