September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago PART TWO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
according to google maps, my hotel is a mile and a half from soldier field.

what's safety like that late at night walking in that area?

-dan

I figure walking to and from the stadium, there will be a bazillion other people walking in the same direction, so it'll hopefully be safety in numbers of U2 fans. :)

according to google maps, my hotel is a mile and a half from soldier field.

what's safety like that late at night walking in that area?

-dan

I wouldn't worry about after an event. Having been in Chicago for Lollapalooza, it's just a continuous stream of people away from the lake shore to the hotels, metro stops and restaurants that were still open.

I don't know where your hotel is specifically, but getting killed after a U2 concert really is the only way to go. :wink: (can I have your tickets to Dallas and PHX then? :D )

Mark

Last tour, we were trying to hail a taxi outside the United Center, and it was impossible, so we walked as we tried. After a few blocks, the crowd started thinning out, and the area got scarier and scarier. Fun times. lol

i always had the feeling i would die after a night with twins named tiffany and mandy.

here's where i'm staying:
Booking.com: Chicago Travelodge, Chicago (Illinois), United States of America - 86 Guest reviews. Book your hotel now!

here are the addresses if anybody wants to plug them into google maps:
hotel: 65 E Harrison St, Chicago, 60605
soldier field: 1410 S. Museum Campus Dr, Chicago 60605

you can have my dallas ticket if i become road pizza
i have RZ tickets to phoenix, you'd have to go with my sister.

-dan

I wouldn't worry about after an event. Having been in Chicago for Lollapalooza, it's just a continuous stream of people away from the lake shore to the hotels, metro stops and restaurants that were still open.

I don't know where your hotel is specifically, but getting killed after a U2 concert really is the only way to go. :wink: (can I have your tickets to Dallas and PHX then? :D )

Mark

I think a lot of us are going to be staying in the general Loop area, not far from the Travelodge. I'm glad to have Kramwest's reassurance about the crowds, though. :)

^The El had a line straight from Midway to the loop. I would assume it would be the same for O'Hare. From Midway it was a 15 min ride.

The other thing about Chicago is the people are incredibly friendly/helpful. I swear we stood on a corner and barely got out our map when at least 2 people asked us if we needed help.

:heart: Chicago
Does the train have a stop inside MIdway?

it's a 10-minute walk through the corridors of the airport.

Yeah, it seems to me that finding the Blue Line in O'Hare takes a little bit of effort, too.

But like a few people have said, Chicagoans are generally friendly and helpful.

BTW---different thread---but it would be nice if in Boston they would let visitors at the airport know that the Silver Line is a bus and not a train. That took a little while to figure out. :angry:

I would compare Chicago's transit system to D.C.'s--fairly simple to know where each color line goes.

Mark

DRay,

There are a couple of us staying at the Travelodge so we can always meet up and hoof it down to the stadium and back in our own little pack. ;)

^

*continues bicep curls to look hot in Strappy Lacy Bono Cami(tm) for rail skank costume*

Which begs the question, what is a RZ rail skank? Are we like higher class because we 'paid' for it. :hmm:?

(all of this is just me trying to be funny---because I'm bored and have nothing better to do:huh:)

Are any of you near West Adams Street??

And does anyone know if McCormick and Schmick's is near the Loop? Maybe we can do a get together there. :) Awesome droolworthy food. It is a little on the pricey side...

Are any of you near West Adams Street??

And does anyone know if McCormick and Schmick's is near the Loop? Maybe we can do a get together there. :) Awesome droolworthy food. It is a little on the pricey side...

I'm going to be at the Hotel Monaco on N. Wabash. McCormick's is on East Wacker--I don't know if this is considered 'in the Loop'. I walked past it a lot the last time we were in Chicago, to see U2 and we were staying at the HOB hotel on N. Deerborn.

DRay, I'm at the Travelodge as well.... plus it seems to be along the line of other hotels and the public transportation, so we should be fine.

We'll rally the Travelodge gang and storm the field as a group!! Gonna be HUGE!!!!

the travelodge crew rules!

DRay, I'm at the Travelodge as well.... plus it seems to be along the line of other hotels and the public transportation, so we should be fine.

We'll rally the Travelodge gang and storm the field as a group!! Gonna be HUGE!!!!

i fly in on thursday afternoon. i'd like to see a cubs game but if that doesn't work out, i'd be down for some culture

Ooh check this out!

Chicago Attractions, Tours, and Things To Do from Smart Destinations

I'm going to be in Chi-town from Friday to Monday. Anyone interested in going to the Planetarium or Museum at all?

-dan

^ya know I looked into staying there, but actually thought that was too weird. I couldn't sleep knowing Bono is in the same buliding as me--yeah I know I'm a :reject:

Might have dinner at NoMi though......:sexywink:

^^ im sorry, i didnt know that you weren't suppose to name the hotel, i just figured it because there has been in the passed that people just say it because when they were in hawaii and so forth people were all talking about waiting around there.

didnt mean to!

^^ im sorry, i didnt know that you weren't suppose to name the hotel, i just figured it because there has been in the passed that people just say it because when they were in hawaii and so forth people were all talking about waiting around there.

didnt mean to!

i say there's nothing wrong with that. for the people who care about such matters, it's already available info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom