September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ NICE. :giggle:

I wonder if anyone else will be indulging themselves in those sorts of "fun-tivities"... :hmm: :love:

I'm gonna be coming from the 'burbs of Chicago. Nearby Glenview, Skokie, Niles, that area. So if anyone else is gonna be in that neck of the woods, I'm down to meet up. :yes:
Does anyone have plans for an after-show party? I'm thinking more about it and debating if I should drive to Soldier Field and pay that extra bit of cash for parking. 'Cause if I do decide to take the train down, heading back home isn't going to be easy (since it'll be past midnight and I'll be riding alone)... :|

Any suggestions on parking nearby Soldier Field? I'm planning on arriving sometime Friday morning and looking for a permanent parking spot sometime Friday evening...

That area has a beautiful view of Lake Michigan too :drool:

I haven't decided to whether line up Friday night or Saturday morning. Would be game for Friday if the rest of my group agrees.

I'll just... have to agree? :wink: I think Shannon will be going to try and convince everyone (including me) of lining up Friday already. IF she'll provide the blankie and chair, of course :flirt: :lol:

DO IT

where y'all stayin? I think I'm gonna swing it for the Best western (.4 miles away). Split between 4 people its not that bad, like $150 for 2 nights with their dumb $100 tax. basically gonna ask my dad for a shit ton of money to book the hotel now and get paid back later ... hope he says yes ... if not I'll ask my mom... I need a job :lol:

I was actually gonna spend the summer with a job saving up for U2; I didn't know the tickets would be on sale so early...

Go to hotels.com. I've found some awesome deals there! :up:

I'll just... have to agree? :wink: I think Shannon will be going to try and convince everyone (including me) of lining up Friday already. IF she'll provide the blankie and chair, of course :flirt: :lol:

Im sure I won't be the only one in the group pushing for it :lol: Possibly we will rent a van or something and drive to Soldier Field. By doing this whatever anyone wants or needs for Saturday we can toss into the van. Im with you with wanting to be as comfortable as possible :wink:

Chicago deep dish pizza :drool:

Hells yes we were! :love:

l_525a9b1eb5ea58349637af5a59e24a16.jpg

I recognize the hand with #5 :sexywink:

That was such a good time, and the kahlua, coffee and donuts :drool:

I agree with you, and hopefully people will take that into consideration...

Not to start anything, but in my experience, the lines that got started unusually early were initiated by Zootopians (Hawaii, Portland). So lets all go out, enjoy the town, have a nice dinner and start the lines well into the evening mkay? I would say morning, but that is never going to happen. :lol:

A lovely day out on the town in Chicago sounds like a plan to me. Like we talked about last night, right now I'm kind of on the fence about camping and thinking about just lining up early, but who am I kidding. As the show gets closer I know I'm going to be all about setting up the tent :lol:

Personally, I think around midnight is a good time to start a line. Any earlier seems like such a waste... At midnight you can settle in, talk to people for a bit and then try to get some rest. The earliest I ever got into line was at 10:00 PM in Hawaii, the day before the show, but considering people started to line up 2 days before.... :crack:

don't get me started on Hawaii! And you only ended up two people back from the rail behind me. Plus, you tower over me!

I don't know what to do. Should I go to Chicago or not?

It's tough because I'm a single mom who has to coordinate with her family. I live in DC and they live in Kentucky.

We'll see what unfolds!

I agree with you, and hopefully people will take that into consideration...

Not to start anything, but in my experience, the lines that got started unusually early were initiated by Zootopians (Hawaii, Portland). So lets all go out, enjoy the town, have a nice dinner and start the lines well into the evening mkay? I would say morning, but that is never going to happen. :lol:

hawaii was started by two groups and one of them was from Interference so...

I can say from Hawaii that I now know how it feels to be treated like cattle!

hawaii was started by two groups and one of them was from Interference so...

I can say from Hawaii that I now know how it feels to be treated like cattle!

Absolutely! And remember that crazy chick and her mom? The one that was trying to push everyone around to get to the front? She was :coocoo:

:wave: Late to the party here, glad I found this thread. :) I am camping, hopefully not earlier than 11:00-midnight the night before...

I'll swing by the GA line and see how you all are holding up. Maybe I'll bring reinforcements like caffeine for you all. ;)

... and possibly margaritas for LarryMullen'sPopAngel.

:heart: margaritas :heart:

Although I remember being very thankful for the rail after baking in the hot sun all day in line without eating or drinking and then drinking a margarita in the arena. Thanks for that Tim! :angry:

I'm willing to try again though--I'm not a quitter. :wink:

ETA So you are going with the seat, then?

Cori you aren't doing GA?

I'm going to aim for seats, but will take what I can get during the pre-sale.

I may .... MAY, mind you, try for GA for Vancouver.

But god, GA stresses me out just thinking about it. Although the idea of hanging out with a bunch of you fine folk eases the pain. But still .... no thanks. ;)

:ohmy: Did someone say margaritas??? :hyper:

Seconded :hyper:

I have to eat before the show, at least 2 or 3 times. Because of my diabetes, skipping meals or replacing them with snacks is not an option. People would be cool with me leaving the line for a bit just to grab a bite to eat a few times, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom