October 28 - Vancouver BC Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a bit early to plan an entry route. We don't know which sections will have "Floor Access". The Main Gate into BC Place (next to the box office...enters on the 300 Level. When you go down to the 200 level it comes out at Section 12). However you can continue down the ramp to the field level as well.

I'm not sure how they will operate floor access. I've been to shows at BC Place where you take the ramps down to field level and enter the field from there, but I've also been to shows where you go down the stairs of the 200 level and enter the field from there.

I think planning now is a bit ambitious given that the show is still more than 6 months away. Maybe BC Place will put more info out leading up to the show...they may not know until U2 finishes their marathon 6 day load in. I do however think that it is a safe bet that they will have signs posted the day of, and for Vertigo in both Vancouver and San Diego they had the GA ticket entrance next to the ticket scanner (for the ellipse) and that was reasonably close to the section/entrance to the floor area.

Hope that helps a little, but like I said...I think we all may need to exercise some patience on this issue.

I'm going as well. I was third row for PopMart and it wasn't too bad, but on the ZooTV dates, it wasn't too enjoyable. Not anywhere near sold out, which meant the sound bounced off the floor quite a bit. A full house seems to muffle the echo a bit!

I would call myself a fanatic as well, but I'll save the obsessing over every tiny detail until we're closer to the show. ;)

So for those of you interested in seeing what BC Place looks like with thousands of people on the field, have a look at these. I did a race in Vancouver this morning that ended up there, and took these photos from Section 212, which is one section away from where I'll be:

3-1.jpg

Towards where the stage will be

2-2.jpg

Opposite direction

Sorry for the crappy quality, but hope it helps some of you out! :)

I wonder if Vancouver is even going to sell out. I'm still able to pick out singles in pretty much every category. They should of just picked Edmonton. They would of sold out 2 nights at Commonwealth Stadium in less than a day. :lol:

I am just dyin' for this date to get here. But I can't wait to follow all the setlist parties first. I'm sittin' on 2 spare GAs for this show in case anyone is lookin' for themselves or friends.

my mother in law is a supervisor for the company that cleans BC Place and she has the keys to get in. im seriously wondering if i can take advantage of this to get back stage before the show.

I wonder if Vancouver is even going to sell out. I'm still able to pick out singles in pretty much every category. They should of just picked Edmonton. They would of sold out 2 nights at Commonwealth Stadium in less than a day. :lol:

If all you can pick out is singles, then the show might as well be sold out.

Sorry if this has been discussed. I'm too lazy to read back through this thread. :D

Is Vancouver a place where one should consider camping out the night before, or at least get there super early in the morning for GA? For those with past experience with U2 shows in the city, what would you say?

Of course, because a lot of people may be coming here from around the area, since there are fewer cities, it may be more intense for GA. :hmm:

Any thoughts would be appreicated!

I am planning on getting there in the morning - early-ish (well, after a good breakfast & coffee, that is).
My hotel is only a few minutes away, so we can scope it out on our way to eat. I've got my sister with me, so we can 'spell' each other off if we need to walk about or eat. (And a friend coming as well - not sure when, depends on her work situation)

I think it will depend on what we see happening when we get there on the 27th. I would be pretty suprised if the line up started the night before.

I don't have any advice on lining up for GA, as I've always had seats in the past, but just so you know, the weather can be pretty gross at that time of year. Come prepared for rain! The stadium is covered, so you'll be fine once you're inside, but outside there's no overhang or anything to protect you from adverse weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom