October 28 - Vancouver BC Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the quickes / best way to get to Whistler and back from downtown Vancouver?...
We are contemplating spending a night there after the show.

Renting a car is the best option if you don't spend the cash on flying.

The other is a coach. There's several you can take from downtown Van. I think the most used one is Pacific Coach - $57 roundtrip and I think approx. 2 hrs.

Here is a list of modes of transport to get up to Whistler -

Whistler - Buses, Taxis & Helicopters

I'm meeting a couple ppl @ Doolins pub on the 27th (7pm ish) good Irish pub
654 Nelson Street at Granville

I would think the hotel is the same for the guys. why change a good thing?

my sister f*cked up our hotel for the 27/28. (she booked, didn't confirm & lost the reservation :angry:) we are stsying at the hampton inn, at least its still onlya block away from BC Place.

i emailed bc place and asked about their plans for GA, nothing yet... they said they will send out email about a week b4 show (thru ticketmaster i guess) and will also post the info on BC Place website

Speaking of beautiful places, when do fall colors peak in the area? In the NYC area the colors usually peak the same week as the Vancouver show, I know Vancouver is further north but fairly mild so I'm hoping I can catch some nice color. :)

What visitors refer to here as being a mini-Manhattan should have trees peaking at the same time as NYC too. Usually last week of Oct.

dz7yae.jpg

zkooq9.jpg

Flickr: World Wide Murman's Photostream
wl21b4.jpg

Fall Colors on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Hopefully there'll be snow on the mtns.
1zpp0dk.jpg

Of course not all of Vancouver's trees will be changing;)
2sanhuh.jpg

Vancouver Palm Tree on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

What visitors refer to here as being a mini-Manhattan should have trees peaking at the same time as NYC too. Usually last week of Oct.

Nice! I like walking around in the fall colors a lot. BTW, now that we are actually in fall, it looks like we may be peaking a little early this year as a bunch of trees already have some significant color coming in. But there should still be some nice color even after the peak.

Does anyone have any information on where the band might be staying? I know your probably not allowed to post that info so if anyone knows please email me at harry_vest@yahoo.com . I'd really appreciate that. Thanks.

Will they actually be staying there though? They might be coming in the day of the show from LA, and although they are playing the 2nd night of them, they probably will be doing a runner after the show to NY for the RRHOF concerts.

Please answer my stupid question....

Going to my first U2 concert, the show in Vancouver on Oct.28th....So excited I could die. Initially got 2 nosebleed seats then was able to get some GA's. Now for my stupid question(s):
- What time should we get there or what time do people start lining up?
- How do you get in the "inside" ring?????????????

Any info would be much appreciated !

In most of the cities, people have started lining up very early in the morning. however, from what I've heard, the inner ring holds a ton of people, so you can likely waltz into the inner ring with no problems if you don't get into line until later in the day. I've even heard in some cities that people waltz up at 6:00 and get in the ring.

however - if you want to be along the front or back rail in the inner ring, or along the front of the outer rail, I recommend getting there very early. If you're tall enough to see over some heads and don't mind being in the middle of a crowd in the ring, then you can probabaly comfortably wait until mid-day to line up.

:)

My daughter and I will be in section 234 Row L. I'm wondering what kind of view we're going to have? Are we going to be obstructed by the claw?

map.cfm

Damn, lost the Red Zone auction by $15. Damn the auction for ending while I was on the plane to Vegas! :sad:

Am going to keep checking for GA drops. I don't think I want to see a show if I can't dance/jump my fool ass off at the back of the floor!

(Don't worry, I will still enjoy the show if I'm in my original reserved seat - I'm not completely spoiled! :lol: )

Also, does anyone know the policy on getting back into the US without a passport? I will be driving and am a US citizen.

Thanks!

I haven't been over the border since they've implemented the "you must have a passport" rule.

I'm under the impression that you need either your passport or the enhanced driver's license .... I don't know exactly what the deal with that is, but I've heard people mention you can get a special DL that lets you go to Canada and back without a passport.

ive been scouring the websites and everything says that i can get into canada with a govt issued id and proof of citizenship (birth cert, etc). the US site says i need a passport to get back in though. any thoughts?

Everything I have seen or heard states that you DO need a passport to get back into the US. This is new as of about a year or so ago. You used to be able to do it with ID and a birth certificate or other official document showing your citizenship.

I have also heard that if you have this sort of "enhanced" special driver's license, that will suffice as well, but I've only heard Washington State residents talk about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom