June 6 & 7, 2010 Anaheim VI- What the f*** are we gonna do??!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I've missed about 17 - 19 pages between this thread and the last one. Someone catch me up on the important info I've missed. (EDIT: I'm aware of Bono's emergency surgery, the tour in jeopardy, Interferencers throwing themselves off the tops of tall buildings, etc.)

Ok, I've missed about 17 - 19 pages between this thread and the last one. Someone catch me up on the important info I've missed. (EDIT: I'm aware of Bono's emergency surgery, the tour in jeopardy, Interferencers throwing themselves off the tops of tall buildings, etc.)

Here's a summary:
0. Seems highly probably we are going to have postponement of Anaheim shows.
1. Gorilla threw a pissy fit and left the thread.
2. People flying in checked their airline ticket policies.
3. Local people excelled in their hospitality and still commit to the previously organized gatherings, like Disney and CPK dinner.
4. People came back to thread blanching at the ticket policies. Some (If not most) of us decided to still come to Anaheim even if the shows are canceled to make it a Blue Crack weekend.
5. People brainstormed on other ideas on what to do around the area. Among others: Glen Ivy Hot Springs spa, Universal Hollywood, Huntington beach, trip to the Joshua Tree and camping in Death Valley, Zabrieski(?) and a place that Martha mentioned that I forgot, trip to San Diego, Catalina Island (maybe too expensive).
6. More people are getting car rentals now for the possible road trips.
7. Disney and CPK dinner on the 5th are still on.
8. Gorilla came back to the thread and decided to keep his trip. And rent the Wienermobile. :hyper:

That is all in a nutshell. So most people are still coming, but nothing else has been decided on what group trips we should take and when. Any ideas?

Here's a summary:
0. Seems highly probably we are going to have postponement of Anaheim shows.
1. Gorilla threw a pissy fit and left the thread.
2. People flying in checked their airline ticket policies.
3. Local people excelled in their hospitality and still commit to the previously organized gatherings, like Disney and CPK dinner.
4. People came back to thread blanching at the ticket policies. Some (If not most) of us decided to still come to Anaheim even if the shows are canceled to make it a Blue Crack weekend.
5. People brainstormed on other ideas on what to do around the area. Among others: Glen Ivy Hot Springs spa, Universal Hollywood, Huntington beach, trip to the Joshua Tree and camping in Death Valley, trip to San Diego, Catalina Island (maybe too expensive).
6. More people are getting car rentals now for the possible road trips.
7. Disney and CPK dinner on the 5th are still on.
8. Gorilla came back to the thread and decided to keep his trip. And rent the Wienermobile. :hyper:

That is all in a nutshell. So most people are still coming, but nothing else has been decided on what group trips we should take and when. Any ideas?

You left out the EROTIC massages.

I think we should wait until the announcement before making any official plans on roadtrips and stuff. Romi and I are most likely going to the Joshua Tree. I'm thinking on the 6th if the show is postponed.

Hoping it's not rescheduled to July- last two weeks for me are pretty booked up.
Also hope we hear on Monday so travel plans can be sorted

Romi just talked with someone in the local band opening in Oakland and he said that more shows are likely to be postponed, but not all at once. Romi should be on later with the full details.

It's Moonalice, it's a band from the Bay Area who was going to open before The Fray at the Oakland show. Romi had an interview with them today (he's a journalist for a local newspaper). He told us he's going to try to ask whether Moonalice knows anything about the show cancellations.

Enterprise wants the car to remain in CA, only limit...

Actually, here's the Mileage Disclaimer from my reservation confirmation:
MILEAGE IS UNLIMITED WHEN VEHICLE REMAINS IN ARIZONA, NEVADA, AND CALIFORNIA. :ohmy: :up:

Did someone say Vegas road trip??? :mac:

And btw, Alma - great summary! :wink:

hey guys... just arrived back.. spoke with Roger M for a good two hours today. Very nice guy, and I felt a little intimidated speaking to one of Bono's good friends (since 2000 or so), and one of the richerst guys in the states...

anyway, as far as U2 is concerned: He has NOT gotten the phone call that the show is pospones. But like everyone here, he says, "come on, the guy just had back surgery!"

He also thinks that these shows are nto going to get postponed all at once, but in little chunks, because the people with money will want to lose as little as possible. He says these people don't mind cancelin ga show with little notice, and it would not be surprising for each of the shows to get cancelled the week before. He could be wrong, he says.

and if anyone was wondering why Moonalice was scheduled to open, it was a gift from Bono to local fans of some CITIES (plural) with rich musical histories. Moonalice was asked by Bono personaly to open three months ago, but they could not tell anyone until the show was completely sold out, he said. In other words, other cities like New York may also get a second opener from the local musical pool. .... unless everything is postponed.

other than that, I found out a lot about his band, his work, and got a few Bono and Edge stories...

I'm sad.:sad:

I might move going to Disney to Sunday, since I will not be pressed for time like I will be on Saturday. I will go to CPK on Saturday night and will need to to find something to do Saturday afternoon when I arrive.

If you're not going to Disney on Saturday and if the concerts are postponed, I'm thinking we can go to Disney on Monday instead. Sunday maybe we can plan group activities so the So Cal people who have to work on Monday may still be able to join us.

Besides, I'm hoping for shorter lines at Disney on a Monday vs a Sunday. Just a thought.

Does anyone mind if I focus on this sentence for the rest of the weekend? Please? :sad:

I think we're still hoping and wishing for the best. :pray:
Just making contingency plans along the way. Well, I've already canceled my Salt Lake hotel, and I'll be road-tripping to Bryce Canyon National Park instead. It's a good thing some rooms became available at the park lodging. :) I'll make the best out of this trip still...

So far we have mentions of U2 karaoke, yoga on the beach, Joshua Tree and Vegas roadtrips. I like where this thread is going.

For the U2 karaoke, we could set it up in someone's room. We could have people elbow each other and spill beer around so it would be just like an authentic GA experience. :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom