June 26, 2011 - Spartan Stadium - East Lansing, MI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, this security team is truly acting like a bunch of a**holes from what it looks like. These draconian policies are going to CAUSE more problems than prevent them.

If it wasn't for the fact that I have had these tickets for FIFTEEN MONTHS, I'd honestly say screw it and go somewhere else where the security will let freakin' purses in and not give the GA fans who obviously put in the extra effort be rewarded with first entry. :angry:

I will be writing letters to MSU and the Lansing newspapers regarding ALL of this. Never in my life have I seen a mature and adult fanbase get treated with so much disrespect. :down:

Cathal McCarron (who made it to Glasto & is on his way back to keep following the tour) posted this on his Me & U2 Facebook:

I've got a big favour to ask any U2 fan going to the East Lansing show tomorrow. I'm flying to Flint tomorrow morning from Chicago, landing at 11:45 am. It's 40 miles from East Lansing. Would anybody be able to offer me a lift from Flint airport to East Lansing please please please? Gas costs, lunch and a non-muddy copy of that wee red book for your time and trouble! :)

I was where they are giving out numbers a few hours ago. The police went by several times, no one made us leave. Who knows what will happen tomorrow, but i'll show up at 7 and hope for the best. Oh and the ga area they have set up is laughable. Msu have no clue what they are doing. We are not drunk college kids. Don't treat this like a football game.

Does anyone know what would get Bono's attention on a poster?

I know we're not allowed to bring posters in but I am going to try anyways ..the worst they can do is make throw it away

I was where they are giving out numbers a few hours ago. The police went by several times, no one made us leave. Who knows what will happen tomorrow, but i'll show up at 7 and hope for the best. Oh and the ga area they have set up is laughable. Msu have no clue what they are doing. We are not drunk college kids. Don't treat this like a football game.

Thank you. This is why all of the "NO PURSES OR BAGS OR ANYTHING TO CARRY PERSONAL SHIT IN" stuff is being put in place. MSU clearly thinks we are drunk and rowdy kids at a rap concert. We're mature adults who clearly know how to take care of ourselves and each other. We've been doing it for years. :hug:

Does anyone know what would get Bono's attention on a poster?

I know we're not allowed to bring posters in but I am going to try anyways ..the worst they can do is make throw it away

I'm planning on getting attention when they arrive since we're not part of the GA crowd. I'm wearing my "Mrs Clayton" hat and a shirt that says "Property of Clayton" on it. I'm basically my own Adam poster. :lol:

:up:
What gates?

Not sure yet. We've got a few ideas of where they could end up but mostly it'll depend on luck. (And that blasted MSU security letting us queue in the general area.)

Usually it's the opposite end of the GA entrance; in other words, the end of the stadium that the REAR of the Claw would be facing. So I think that's the south side of Spartan Stadium. Hubby and I need to look at the maps again tonight once Little CK is in bed for the night.

Hey everyone - I have 2 GA's for the show tomorrow. Possibly looking to trade them for 2 good seats. If anyone is interested - let me know and drop me an email (blamie@aol.com). Should be a great show - fired up. Thanks!

just received further confirmation: MSU Security/Police will not recognize any line formed before 7am. No listing system will be honored or recognized.

I hope everyone enjoys the concert... lest we forget why we're driving to East Lansing in the first place.

hey blamie, have two seats, section 20, row 30, paid 108.5 per each, will trade those both for your 2 ga's. im sitting at the stadium right now using their wifi, sent you an email too with the number to call us. if you dont recieve the email, reach me at 715 617 9990!!!!!!

Not sure yet. We've got a few ideas of where they could end up but mostly it'll depend on luck. (And that blasted MSU security letting us queue in the general area.)

Usually it's the opposite end of the GA entrance; in other words, the end of the stadium that the REAR of the Claw would be facing. So I think that's the south side of Spartan Stadium. Hubby and I need to look at the maps again tonight once Little CK is in bed for the night.

Good luck Mrs. Clayton on meeting Mr. Clayton...Please tell him to smile more often if you see him...he's got a wonderful smile that he should use more often :D

just received further confirmation: MSU Security/Police will not recognize any line formed before 7am. No listing system will be honored or recognized.

I hope everyone enjoys the concert... lest we forget why we're driving to East Lansing in the first place.

I:applaud:

Good luck Mrs. Clayton on meeting Mr. Clayton...Please tell him to smile more often if you see him...he's got a wonderful smile that he should use more often :D

Something tells me the Mrs Clayton oughta make him smile! :lol:
And if I do get lucky, I will be sure to give a full report! :heart:

P.S. - Hey GAers, why not just line up according to your system at 7am? Security can't complain and you will all have your spots.

Does anyone know when U2 actually lands in Michigan?

I am so excited that this is finally tomorrow.

Folks ought to go easy on the MSU, Detroit, & Michigan bashing -- not a good attitude to bring the show, whatever we may think of the 'no list' or misunderstanding of GA line culture! This is only the second show EVER in Spartan Stadium and first gig in the state since Vertigo touched down briefly at the Palace of Auburn Hills.

Does anyone know when U2 actually lands in Michigan?

I am so excited that this is finally tomorrow.

Folks ought to go easy on the MSU, Detroit, & Michigan bashing -- not a good attitude to bring the show, whatever we may think of the 'no list' or misunderstanding of GA line culture! This is only the second show EVER in Spartan Stadium and first gig in the state since Vertigo touched down briefly at the Palace of Auburn Hills.

Sunday morning for U2, Anu.

Okay I'm in Detroit is that oar enough to be put on the "list". I'll drive an hour and a half there to do that, then drive back to sleep, then drive back in the morning if that's what it takes...

Otherwise, see ya there at 7 am...

There's both sides for ya. Either way, see ya on in the morning!!

Something tells me the Mrs Clayton oughta make him smile! :lol:
And if I do get lucky, I will be sure to give a full report! :heart:

P.S. - Hey GAers, why not just line up according to your system at 7am? Security can't complain and you will all have your spots.

Perfect idea; fair for everyone especially those that decided to follow the policies wether we like them or not...let's show up at 7 am as instructed and follow the U2 system .....PLEASE NO ARGUMENTS TOMORROW, PLEASE!!!!

Yes - the boys are in town and ready to rock it - please forgive me in advance how bad I butcher their songs on my guitar...

i have two tix in the lower bowl if anyone is interested in buying them. section 20, row 30 will take offers, or preferably taking a ga in trade. only way to contact me is 715 617 9990 thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom