June 26, 2011 - Spartan Stadium - East Lansing, MI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and NOW my awesome mom has decided its worth a shot to see if we can U2 coming into the airport from their show at Glastonbury!

Are they staying in Lansing? Cool!

Anyone with an extra GA ticket at this late date? I'm thinking about bringing my son along for the ride (11 year old).

Plays guitar too . . .

Leaving tomorrow morning! I don't know if I'm going to be able to sleep much the next two nights!:hyper:

I am not going to get anything accomplished tomorrow. I am going to sit here and STARE at the blue crack, willing Sunday to come so we can leave for MI.

I'm SO hyped up right now. Glasto's set really made me realize just how close it all is. CAN'T WAIT TO BE WITH ALL OF YOU AMAZING PEOPLE OMG. :heart::heart::hug::hug::hug:

No, no, no...enjoy the buildup. I hope the next two days crawl by. The sooner it comes, the sooner it's over.

Tomorrow is going to both fly by and drag on all at once. We hit the road somewhere around 5am on Sunday, so there is still lots to get done here. And at least when MI is over, I have Pittsburgh to look forward to. Not used to THAT at all. It'll be the first time we've ever seen the same tour more than once. We saw 360 already in Tampa back in '09 so MI will be show #2 and Pittsburgh will be show #3! Crazy and wonderful and yet never enough all rolled into one!

I know the feeling, this is my third and last 360 show. If it wasn't for the wife, I would go to Pittsburgh; it's closer than Lansing. While watching Glastonbury, she closed the door because I had the volume too loud...I put my headphones on.

Yeah that's kind of the plan I'm going with. Either that or an oversized ladies wallet that I can make a makeshift clutch out of.
Damn MSU making our lives difficult! Oh well, U2 is worth it!! :hyper:

Check out the Claw!
x2_6c6c2cb

:hyper: :drool:

I know the feeling, this is my third and last 360 show. If it wasn't for the wife, I would go to Pittsburgh; it's closer than Lansing. While watching Glastonbury, she closed the door because I had the volume too loud...I put my headphones on.

Not a U2 fan I take it?

I was able to listen to BBC Radio at work, and got to hear some of the songs, of course I turned it up when they were playing, co-workers couldn't stand it.

Not a U2 fan I take it?

I was able to listen to BBC Radio at work, and got to hear some of the songs, of course I turned it up when they were playing, co-workers couldn't stand it.

She tolerates them when she has to. She's a country girl and I thank God she doesn't listen to country music. She prefers stuff like Harry Connick, Jr, Bette Midler, Abba and show tunes. This will be her first 360 show. She's seen one show from each of the last two tours.

See I am married to a U2 fan and we're raising The Littlest U2 Fan. So instead of setlist flailing during Glasto, I had the stream cranked to top volume, full-screened, and we all sat around the laptop with our dinner. :lol:

You will get to see all of us on Sunday btw - yep, we're bringing the boy! At 5 1/2, it'll be his first U2 concert as well as his first EVER concert.
(I'll be wearing the Mrs. Clayton hat; just look for me and introduce yourself! We have seats but will be hanging around the stadium from around noon on!)

I am not going to get anything accomplished tomorrow. I am going to sit here and STARE at the blue crack, willing Sunday to come so we can leave for MI.

I'm SO hyped up right now. Glasto's set really made me realize just how close it all is. CAN'T WAIT TO BE WITH ALL OF YOU AMAZING PEOPLE OMG. :heart::heart::hug::hug::hug:

Same here!! I leave tomorrow am! :hyper::hyper::hyper: I can't believe it's finally here.. I should probably start packing my bag now, although I'm not gonna sleep much tonight :lol:

Leaving for Detroit in the morning . . Pulling down tabs and printouts . . . can't wait . . should be a beautiful day!

Hey man, I live about an hour up Rt 68 from you! I have a similar situation, my wife tolerates U2 at best. But she's going with me tomorrow (also visiting her brother in Michigan, so the concert is somewhat of a sidebar for her) but I'm hoping to make a believer out of her yet! Enjoy the show!

We're not hitting the road until tomorrow am (around 5-6am; should be a 6 hr drive), but I can't wait! I won't be able to update the blue crack since my phone doesnt have a data plan, but I can and will be updating my Twitter via text! I'm @claytonskitten for anyone who wants to add me! Can't wait to see and meet all of you beeeeeeeaauuuuuuuutiful people!

Hey man, I live about an hour up Rt 68 from you! I have a similar situation, my wife tolerates U2 at best. But she's going with me tomorrow (also visiting her brother in Michigan, so the concert is somewhat of a sidebar for her) but I'm hoping to make a believer out of her yet! Enjoy the show!

I'm leaving to head up your way in about an hour. I have to make two stops; one near Xenia to pick up a niece and one at Ohio Northern University to pick up my son. I keep telling myself that I'll make a believer of my wife. If it doesn't happen this time, it will never happen.

Miro,

We'll be arriving tomorrow afternoon. If you could see just one thing in the Lansing area, what would you recommend? (other than a U2 show.)

You know, I realize I'm probably partially inequipped to answer that...as a student, I can tell you all about the bopping nightlife or variety of fun events, but those happen during the school year. East Lansing is MSU's campus, so you can walk around, see the river/ducks/pretty buildings and then chill for a meal or coffee, but that doesn't fill a whole afternoon. If you're into nature, MSU is surrounded by nice parks and trails. We have a few decent museums in the Lansing area. If you want to see the Michigan capitol, it exists. We have a few cool shopping centers nearby too (Eastwood to the northwest and Meridian Mall east of campus).

But really, if you're not looking for oodles of excitement, wander around MSU, say "huh, that's cool," get Dairy Store ice cream (please be sunny, please be sunny) and maybe party it up in a Grand River bar tonight?

East Lansing is full of fun little things but the big attractions are whatever happens at campus (football, U2 shows, etc.)

hey guys! im in houghton lake, about 2 hours a way i think.. been a long journey since leaving Canada. anyways, wifi at hotel blows so i gotta be quick, wheres the nearest airport that u2 could be coming through? if anyone has a blackberry, and wants to add my pin, it would be a lot better to communicate! my pin is 324151c9.. one day!!!!

also, if you see a white van with u2 lyrics drawn all over it, ill be in the passenger seat! honk and wave!

Dennis and I are at Spartan Stadium right now. #1 and #2. Spoke to Brian, U2's head of outside security (ie GA). The line starts at 7am Sunday. Location is where the red trucks are @ the service entrance. We are starting the GA queue at the moment, right now outside of Gate D. I have only 1.5 hours battery left on this netbook so wanted to shoot this out asap. Please pass this on to anyone on their way. Mahalo!

Dennis and I are at Spartan Stadium right now. #1 and #2. Spoke to Brian, U2's head of outside security (ie GA). The line starts at 7am Sunday. Location is where the red trucks are @ the service entrance. We are starting the GA queue at the moment, right now outside of Gate D. I have only 1.5 hours battery left on this netbook so wanted to shoot this out asap. Please pass this on to anyone on their way. Mahalo!

lol

How are you lining up if the line doesn't start until 7 a.m....I just drove up to the stadium and spoke to one of the cadettes and they told us they are not letting anyone line up until tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom