June 23, 2010 - Edmonton

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can say is that Edmonton has the best stadium in Canada for a concert by a long ways, BC Place is a piece of crap and Rogers Center isnt much better accoustic wise...open air will be a lot better :)

I thought the acoustics in the Skydome were absolutely amazing for both shows back in September. The Skydome was open so it was also open air and it sounded great.

I'm up for a post-show gathering :D

Not sure when I'll be coming into town yet - a bit early for flights since there's supposed to be more cities added to this leg - so I can't guarantee a pre-show appearance, but I'll be on a post-show high and ready to party after :wink:

Hey everyone let's do something visual as fans in Edmonton. I remember helping to organize the THANK YOU signs in Portland on December 19th 2005 on the Vertigo Tour and we actually pulled it off with over 11 000 signs(I brought 3502 myself haha) and the band stopped(extended) the Elevation intro to thank the fans after Bono had aknowledged our signs. Lets' do something similar in Edmonton. I'm not saying 30 000 thank you signs but maybe balloons. Some people might think balloons are lame but I swear when I watch clips of European shows where the fans have balloons it looks awesome. I think it'd be amazing if we could get enough balloons for everyone on the floor to have one. It would just add such an amazing visual appeal. What do you guys think? I honestly think between now and June 23rd even with just us few interference members we could easily round up 10 000 balloons. It wouldn't be that hard to hand them out either. Just picture the band walking out and 10 000 baloons floating in the air or being waved around.

Any suggestions or ideas? A Colour scheme maybe or all white or what? Maybe Red and White for Canada? discuss.

Hey everyone let's do something visual as fans in Edmonton. I remember helping to organize the THANK YOU signs in Portland on December 19th 2005 on the Vertigo Tour and we actually pulled it off with over 11 000 signs(I brought 3502 myself haha) and the band stopped(extended) the Elevation intro to thank the fans after Bono had aknowledged our signs. Lets' do something similar in Edmonton. I'm not saying 30 000 thank you signs but maybe balloons. Some people might think balloons are lame but I swear when I watch clips of European shows where the fans have balloons it looks awesome. I think it'd be amazing if we could get enough balloons for everyone on the floor to have one. It would just add such an amazing visual appeal. What do you guys think? I honestly think between now and June 23rd even with just us few interference members we could easily round up 10 000 balloons. It wouldn't be that hard to hand them out either. Just picture the band walking out and 10 000 baloons floating in the air or being waved around.

Any suggestions or ideas? A Colour scheme maybe or all white or what? Maybe Red and White for Canada? discuss.

C'mon Edmonton people read this! I'm determined to make this happen :yes:

i don't have tickets for GA so i don't know if it would involve me.

Sure it would. You don't need to be GA. I was just thinking GA is an easy place to start. I think everyone regardless of what seats they have should have red and white balloons. Imagine 50 000 balloons being thrown around as the band takes the stage for the opening song. Or if they weren't all popped to throw them all up again when the bright lights flash durring WTSHNN. EVERYONE should be involved :grouphug: We can do this and it'd look epic!

o.k. so if you want people to follow you gotta lead :D. I just ordered 1000 red balloons and 1000 white balloons for total of 2000 balloons. Help me out people. As the date gets closer and I have a few bucks saved up I'll order some more but for now let's get this thing rolling. Never too late to start. Commonwealth holds 65 000 people. I'ma dreamer I know :lol:

Red Balloons - 1000
White Balloons - 1000
Total Balloons - 2000

At the first Vertigo show in Montreal, some local radio station came and handed out flashing light thingies to everyone going into the show and told them to light them up during one of the songs (I can't remember which one now) - it was a really cool effect that the band appreciated. Maybe contact a local radio station to help out?

At the first Vertigo show in Montreal, some local radio station came and handed out flashing light thingies to everyone going into the show and told them to light them up during one of the songs (I can't remember which one now) - it was a really cool effect that the band appreciated. Maybe contact a local radio station to help out?

Absolutely! The stations I know in Edmonton are The Bear and Sonic. Even just to call them and tell them what's going on the day before the show and I'm sure they'd put the word out. But definately worth looking into. maybe they'd supply us with balloons. :lol:

anyways I've posted this idea over at u2.com and atu2 as well.

I believe you purchased seats, not GA; you paid for the $95 seats...with charges, those are $112 each...how you came up to $310 is kinda weird...but you're in seats...

No it says Section: Main Floor Row: Gen Adm
I didn't buy these from Ticketmaster... they were 112$ each i bought 2.... service fee was 20$ x 2, and an international express delivery 40$ x 2.
My dad bought the 95$ ones.

WOW.

You could have relied on someone here for GAs. Surely someone would have helped you.

Alternatively, you could have waited for a GA ticket drop. Commonwealth will 100% have a ticket drop a few days before and even the day of the concert. :shrug:

Regardless of how you got tickets, i think we're all glad you can come!!!! And as your first u2 concert the money is totally worth it!!! :D

C'mon Edmonton people read this! I'm determined to make this happen :yes:

I swear I responded to this...wth...oh maybe I posted in Zootopia...But yeah I am totally into helping out with balloons and I can talk to Rick Lee at Sonic when we know what is the deal. Red and White Balloons sound awesome..
Helium filled or just blown up? And can you tell us more about the Thank you thing you organized? I would love to do something like that here...

Regardless of how you got tickets, i think we're all glad you can come!!!! And as your first u2 concert the money is totally worth it!!! :D

Well said...and for the record, I don't care either how you got them or whatever you paid, I too am just glad you are coming! Not sure why some peeps are sorta giving you a hard time...too late now anyway...they belong to you so revel in it!!! I am so excited for you!

Ummm...this weekend sooooo many people told me they had NO idea U2 was already on sale and were sooo sad they missed out on getting tickets. I think Live Nation should put a 2nd show on sale in the Spring...Did Live Nation make a mistake? Is this too early to be selling tickets for June? Did they not advertise enough? I saw posters up at the U of A and the huge 1 page ad in the papers....I think they tried to get the word out.

hj:heart:

Oh well I didn't know that I've never been to a concert. I asked for help but no one would give it to me:shrug: oh well I was saving for something like this anyways.

Hi!

Your first time! I want to stand right next to you please.
LOL!
You are going to love this...and how you got the tickets won't matter one little bit!
If you need any help or have any questions about GA let me know, my name is Heather. Pleased to meet you!

i'm thinking the city would frown upon 30,000 helium filled balloons escaping from the stadium. :p

Did Live Nation make a mistake? Is this too early to be selling tickets for June? Did they not advertise enough? I saw posters up at the U of A and the huge 1 page ad in the papers....I think they tried to get the word out.

I work on campus and I saw a total of two posters on the east wall of SUB ... which were promptly covered up by a million other ads (you can just barely see them now), and I saw a handful of other posters on some construction sites on Jasper Ave at around 108th. That's it.

Maybe there was more out there that I didn't see, but I do think that U2 was advertised poorly here, based on what I saw. Were it not for me being a huge fan, most of the people I work with wouldn't have known about the tickets being on sale, either.

But I guess that's neither here nor there now. I'm grateful that we get the one show.

Rick Lee at Sonic is a good bet for the balloon idea. :)

Ummm...this weekend sooooo many people told me they had NO idea U2 was already on sale and were sooo sad they missed out on getting tickets. I think Live Nation should put a 2nd show on sale in the Spring...Did Live Nation make a mistake? Is this too early to be selling tickets for June? Did they not advertise enough? I saw posters up at the U of A and the huge 1 page ad in the papers....I think they tried to get the word out.

Well, I think they did very well as there are no multiples of $250, $95 or $55 left in the stadium. Only $30 tickets are still available at row 70 or higher on one end section. There may only be a few hundred tickets left.

I think there could be a second show, but it may not be announced for a while.

Comparing to Bon Jovi they did very well as you are still able to get seats on the floor for that has been band lol

I did my own personal advertising at my office to make sure everybody i knew that was at least the casual bit U2 fan knew about the concert. I am a spokesperson for them when I can be :)

Hi!

Your first time! I want to stand right next to you please.
LOL!
You are going to love this...and how you got the tickets won't matter one little bit!
If you need any help or have any questions about GA let me know, my name is Heather. Pleased to meet you!

You might not want to stand next to me...I'll be the one who can barley see, i'm only 4'9 so i think i'm gonna make a sign that says 'BONO i'm short like U2' maybe he'll see it and invite me up front:p.

It's gonna be great to meet you all!!!!:heart: I was just in Edmonton this weekend at Grant MacEwan (I'm going to school their in Sept) and i seen commonwealth and freaked out. My boyfriend wasn't happy we almost got rear ended when i did that.

Also Hallucination if you need any help with the balloons or ideas i live like 15 min away from you in Red Deer when the time comes!!!

Hey are any Edmontonians going to Seattle or LA?

no, was seriously debated, but decided on New York. I have never been there, been to Seattle, love Seattle, but would have to go to Vancouver Island to see family as well (would never hear the end of it if I didn't). Just can't take the extra days off for that, the Edm show (with recovery time :giggle:) and then a week for NY.

pretty good return airfares for Edm to Seatac on air canada - $159 each way.

dang it, :doh: I shouldn't have looked! now I'm re-debating!

no, was seriously debated, but decided on New York. I have never been there, been to Seattle, love Seattle, but would have to go to Vancouver Island to see family as well (would never hear the end of it if I didn't). Just can't take the extra days off for that, the Edm show (with recovery time :giggle:) and then a week for NY.

pretty good return airfares for Edm to Seatac on air canada - $159 each way.

dang it, :doh: I shouldn't have looked! now I'm re-debating!

I have just done a very foolish thing...I just bought a ticket for Seattle. :hyper:
GA.
Wanna go? We could go together and it will be way cheap.
I am now going to stalk you and send you a text.

Delusional,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom