June 23, 2010 - Edmonton

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just tried it 2 more times and got the same tickets. I'd suggest if anyone wants two tickets in the $250 range to give it a shot. I'm just saying what I'm seeing, honestly not trying to start an arguement. Hope everyone gets their tickets :wave:

I tried again.. and again... and I get SORRY, No matches... clearly you guys have some magic on your end, because I had 2 friends try 10 min ago a variety of ways and the best they could get is the $55's...

Just tried it 2 more times and got the same tickets. I'd suggest if anyone wants two tickets in the $250 range to give it a shot. I'm just saying what I'm seeing, honestly not trying to start an arguement. Hope everyone gets their tickets :wave:

I know you're not trying to start something... But Clearly you are the person to call for World Series tix?

Hook a brother up in Da Bronx...

I tried again.. and again... and I get SORRY, No matches... clearly you guys have some magic on your end, because I had 2 friends try 10 min ago a variety of ways and the best they could get is the $55's...

That's all I can pull in the lower bowl for two tickets...section CC back corner of the stage right behind the claw...$55

I had a buddy sit behind the stage in Van, he said the feedback was BRUTAL back there...

That's all I can pull in the lower bowl for two tickets...section CC back corner of the stage right behind the claw...$55

I had a buddy sit behind the stage in Van, he said the feedback was BRUTAL back there...

Right... But he is saying the $250 tickets... and I'm saying you can't get them...

Vancouver was the worst sound of all the last 3 shows... but I heard it was an improvement from the general sound of BC Place... I also heard that Texas Stadium, all 1.2 Billion of it, was brutal sounding as well... It's made for Football, not Rock Concerts they say...

The whole VAN show was supposed to have audio problems. I was behind for the Rose Bowl and the sound couldn't have been better. (lots of differences between the RB and BC Place though)

Right... But he is saying the $250 tickets... and I'm saying you can't get them...

Vancouver was the worst sound of all the last 3 shows... but I heard it was an improvement from the general sound of BC Place... I also heard that Texas Stadium, all 1.2 Billion of it, was brutal sounding as well... It's made for Football, not Rock Concerts they say...

LOL, I'm agreeing with you, I can't pull $250's either, and I have been trying for 4+ hours.

I sat in section 217 Edges side in BC Place (VIP seats (brutal package avoid at all costs lol)) the sound was perfect.

The whole VAN show was supposed to have audio problems. I was behind for the Rose Bowl and the sound couldn't have been better. (lots of differences between the RB and BC Place though)

We were ok about the 50 yard line in the Club Seats... came out pretty good... I think the dome issues are the key from what it sounds like...

LOL, I'm agreeing with you, I can't pull $250's either, and I have been trying for 4+ hours.

I sat in section 217 Edges side in BC Place (VIP seats (brutal package avoid at all costs lol)) the sound was perfect.

I did VIP in Seattle 2 Vertigo... they were great seats.. you need to drink alot of boos to make up the difference though...

I did VIP in Seattle 2 Vertigo... they were great seats.. you need to drink alot of boos to make up the difference though...

In Vancouver we got two (2) drink tickets each (that was the open bar!!) you could use them towards boxed wine or some kind of warm sludge draft!

The deluxe buffet ran out of silverware and plates. No separate entrance, it was actually a bitch to find the lounge. And our merchandise booth was down in the main floor so we had to line up with everyone else!

Seats were awesome though, that's all that really mattered, I just would have saved $600 (on two tickets) and used my presale code to buy $250 seats.

Well I got 2 tickets section Y2 and row 78 lol...I hope the view isn't THAT bad. :reject:

got tix in c2. it seems really high! Has anyone had experience with the tour so far where you were high enough up that top parts of the claw were obstructing your view of the screen or anything?

Yes and that Winnepeg show also sold out the same day. The demand for tickets back then was so big that it was tough to get tickets period for both of the shows. I originally had as far in the upper deck as you can go in 97 for both shows but got lucky when they put some more tickets out.

The lineup at the university today was quite large but I think the reality is that most people cant justisfy spending 250 dollars on a concert U2 or not.

AC/DC sold out Commonwealth earlier this year in 10 minutes at 100 dollars a ticket.

I am really looking forward to it myself but the chances of getting a second show are slim and none at this point.

I see what you are saying... but regardless of the "is the lower bowl sold out" argument.. It's pretty much sold... only the $55's are left (pretty consistant at 10:30p from alot of people now that $250 aren't available, or if they were they were for small bursts)..

I think where the problem is, is that this concert is literally trying to sell every seat in the house... including the bad ones... I'm guessing that's close to 65,000+... The Eskimo/Sask game sold a CFL record 62,000, and the game had lots of patches in the corners ... I'm thinking with the floor as it is this is close to 65-70k completely full....

I'm not sure what a "normal" sellout is.. But I"m thinking around 50-55k for most people... and the reason that the concert is so awesome.. the 360.. is the biggest reason why we don't get a second show... because not as many people want to sit in the nosebleeds... It doesn't help that the stadium has the track to make it seem even further away...

How many did AC/DC sell anyhow... I know it was jammed I heard...

Got my tickets for the show Im in section U. Im comin all the way from Winnipeg, Manitoba, im so pumped for this show and its my first time in Edmonton as well.

Id say AC/DC had about 50-55 thousand there, for U2 it will likely be about 65-70 thousand considering every seat will be sold and assuming about 7 thousand on the field.

The other issue was the date the tickets went on sale last time they went on sale on a Saturday before online sale was available. I was hoping for a 2nd show just as much as you but I think a toughening economy has something to do with that. The fans that are there will make it very memorable for U2.....

To jog your memory here is one of the performances from 97....fans going wild :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A4XmK6znPo

I know I will go wild and ill make sure the people around me get into it as well this may be the last big tour for U2 although I hope not.

Id say AC/DC had about 50-55 thousand there, for U2 it will likely be about 65-70 thousand considering every seat will be sold and assuming about 7 thousand on the field.

The other issue was the date the tickets went on sale last time they went on sale on a Saturday before online sale was available. I was hoping for a 2nd show just as much as you but I think a toughening economy has something to do with that. The fans that are there will make it very memorable for U2.....

To jog your memory here is one of the performances from 97....fans going wild :)

YouTube - Hold me thrill me kiss me kill me

I know I will go wild and ill make sure the people around me get into it as well this may be the last big tour for U2 although I hope not.

Man that's one of my favorite songs too.. brings back memories... that was my first ever show... This time it will be my 14th hopefully...

The other issue was the date the tickets went on sale last time they went on sale on a Saturday before online sale was available. I was hoping for a 2nd show just as much as you but I think a toughening economy has something to do with that. .

I agree with the timing... A Saturday is usually the best day to sell... But I still don't think based on where we lie and the tickets that are left, that the economy has as big an issue... I think if the arguments FOR a second show, and it was on the Friday, that everyone from all around us come down alot easier... In this case, a Wednesday, everyone needs to take at least 3 days off of work, or take the week off... you have to be pretty die hard to make that happen...

I still doubt it, but it would be possible... Seattle has the best of the lot being on a Sunday.. You can go for the weekend and Bugger off on a Monday morning...

All I can say is that Edmonton has the best stadium in Canada for a concert by a long ways, BC Place is a piece of crap and Rogers Center isnt much better accoustic wise...open air will be a lot better :)

I got GA but at a pretty price.
310$ for 2 tickets plus shipping and whatever other charges there were.
I'm happy now...:giggle:

I'm going to see U2 for the first time...... This is un-freaking-believable!!!!

My dad got seats MM for 215$ off ticketmaster.ca......

2 GA's for $310 ?? Where did you buy these tickets? You paid more than double..

2 GA's for $310 ?? Where did you buy these tickets? You paid more than double..

That's actually not a horrible price.. I saw them go for as much as $175-$180 each on Ebay... But for someone with 20,000 posts and an integral part of the community, I'm thinking people here on interference would have helped you out with some spares...

I got GA but at a pretty price.
310$ for 2 tickets plus shipping and whatever other charges there were.
I'm happy now...:giggle:

I'm going to see U2 for the first time...... This is un-freaking-believable!!!!

My dad got seats MM for 215$ off ticketmaster.ca......

Why are you paying what I'd consider scalper prices for GAs now when the tickets just went on public sale yesterday? There's usually ticket drops, plus on here and elsewhere there are usually people selling tickets due to plan changes, etc :)

I just heard (from a pretty reliable source) that Live nation has scrapped the roll out of the 2nd show here in Edmonton due to slow ticket sales. I am stunned! I thought demand would be HUGE!
:sad:

So I am going to go to the Miami show now too! LOL! :love:
Heather

EDIT: He also said they had only sold about 42K so far. crazy. you can still get 8 seats together in the upper bowl, I just checked...brutal. (I wanted it to sell out in record time..)

It's too bad that 42,000 ticket sales equates to slow ticket sales a day after the public on sale. However, when we saw that tickets were still available hours after the show went on sale we all knew this could happen.

I guess it's important to not get hung up on the second show that will never happen and just be happy they are finally coming back. But maaaan would a second show have been excellent.

It's too bad that 42,000 ticket sales equates to slow ticket sales a day after the public on sale. However, when we saw that tickets were still available hours after the show went on sale we all knew this could happen.

I guess it's important to not get hung up on the second show that will never happen and just be happy they are finally coming back. But maaaan would a second show have been excellent.

Very very true, it's nice I just have to travel 2hrs!

The thing that really sucks for me is that I have a whole presale code left with 4 tickets!! What a waste!!:doh:

There will be people buying them up closer to the show date....buying tickets for a concert that is 8 months away is pretty unheard of :)

Pretty much its just the very depths of the upper deck that are still left now.

I just heard (from a pretty reliable source) that Live nation has scrapped the roll out of the 2nd show here in Edmonton due to slow ticket sales. I am stunned! I thought demand would be HUGE!
:sad:

So I am going to go to the Miami show now too! LOL! :love:
Heather

EDIT: He also said they had only sold about 42K so far. crazy. you can still get 8 seats together in the upper bowl, I just checked...brutal. (I wanted it to sell out in record time..)

Yet, the backstage sold for $2145, as far as I know some crazy record...

Yet we couldn't sell the $30 tickets

Does anybody have any experience with sitting in the upper upper bowl of the 360 shows? We are in section Y2 row 78...I'm worried that our view will be obstructed by the claw.

Does anybody have any experience with sitting in the upper upper bowl of the 360 shows? We are in section Y2 row 78...I'm worried that our view will be obstructed by the claw.

raid, i'm wonderng about that too. I'm in C2, row 80 but i have no idea how high up 80 is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom