June 20, 2010 - Seattle Qwest Field

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a fan of seats in the past, but of the 4 shows I saw this past leg, I quickly learned that GA was the way to go.

Skip the GA hassle and drama, waltz in late and hang in the back to see the show. See the whole stage, room to dance, feel free to wander around without losing your spot. :up:

To be honest, Vegas was the first time I ever chose to hang back but I was so glad I did! I had a great time. I might do GA line in Oakland but I'll be with my parents in Seattle, we'll be doing soundboard area, I'm sure.

I would like to see one of the shows from up close, just for the sake of being up close, but the thought of doing the line all day, and being packed in like sardines for hours .... it's just so off-putting to me, even though I know there would be lots of fun people up there with me.

If people have a hard time standing for long periods of time, I wouldn't recommend GA. If they don't mind sitting on the ground while they wait for the show to start, then go for it. I'm sure that seems kind of obvious. :lol:

If you get there early enough - whether that means joining the line late afternoon or planning on getting there just after they open the gates and let the line in - you can usually find a spot along one of the barriers. The soundboard area fills up first, but this fall there were usually spots along the fenced-in light tower areas, so you had a nice railing to lean against, which helped, too.

Forgive my ignorance, but what's the deal with the soundboard area? Is it just another place to lean on or is this where the cool people hang out?:lol:

Thanks for the feedback! You guys are great and I hope to meet everybody there too! Just scream blue crack and I'll come running! :) :lol:

Soundboard is a good spot because:

a) sound will be ideal there, as that's why they placed the soundboard there (that's my understanding of it anyway)

b) there's something to lean on

c) you're dead center in front of the stage

d) as an additional bonus, there's often a VIP area enclosed there, so you might catch a glimpse of someone, or it's just full of random "connected" people you have no clue about

:)

a) sound will be ideal there, as that's why they placed the soundboard there (that's my understanding of it anyway)

d) as an additional bonus, there's often a VIP area enclosed there, so you might catch a glimpse of someone, or it's just full of random "connected" people you have no clue about

:cool: Thanks for the scoop. :up:

seating

I'm trying to do some planning for the impending presale. Do you think it's safe to assume that the stage will be at the same end as the stage shown in this seating map?

http://www.indux.com/map/Qwest-Field-Kenny-Chesney_tn.gif

I haven't seen any seat maps for this show yet.
Has anyone ever been to a concert at Qwest field where it was at the other end?

I'm trying to do some planning for the impending presale. Do you think it's safe to assume that the stage will be at the same end as the stage shown in this seating map?

http://www.indux.com/map/Qwest-Field-Kenny-Chesney_tn.gif

I haven't seen any seat maps for this show yet.
Has anyone ever been to a concert at Qwest field where it was at the other end?

The University of PHX stadium is essentially built like Qwest Field and the Claw was pushed back so that this was actually a U2 180 show...very little rear view in PHX but that also opened the floor to substantially MORE GA...

Re: seats versus GA...its JMO but you're paying $95 to $250 for a seat that you won't sit in...you'll be standing for a majority of the show so why not have the chance to move around...GA is the way to go cost-wise and for the view...

I watched the 2nd Dublin show next to Guggi, his sons and Paul McGuinness. :wink:

I've always wondered where the soundboard area was! Huh. So, it's in the center-front of the stage; where exactly on the floor is it? I just can't remember seeing anything that I would imagine looked like a soundboard.

:lol::doh:

I would like to see one of the shows from up close, just for the sake of being up close, but the thought of doing the line all day, and being packed in like sardines for hours .... it's just so off-putting to me, even though I know there would be lots of fun people up there with me.

It not as squished on the outer rail as it is in the pit. ;)
just spray some Fabreze if your neighbors didn't shower that day:reject:

I've always wondered where the soundboard area was! Huh. So, it's in the center-front of the stage; where exactly on the floor is it? I just can't remember seeing anything that I would imagine looked like a soundboard.

It's pretty hard to miss. :)

It's usually pretty close to the back of the floor/field (although at BC Place it was pretty far forward). Look for a big structure directly across from the stage, further back, usually with a tent or something over it. That's the soundboard area.

Ticketmaster now confirms that the presale will run from Tuesday November 10 to Thursday November 12.

I saw that last night but the brains of my family said its not official unless its on u2.com....

Gonna get some Seattle GA's!!!!

I'm pre-planning; really stoked that our hotel and field is near the King Street Metro-station...by the start of the year, they will have a direct metro line to SEATAC....saving cab or town car fare is always good...

We're also considering coming in on Saturday and staying until Tuesday just to see the city...

Any Saturday night gatherings planned by the locals?????

WHOOT! Mr. BAW, I hadn't heard the timeframe for the light rail link from downtown to SeaTac - they just got the first part of it up and running earlier this year. Everything takes so long around here for them to even make a decision on what to do, public transportationwise, so I just don't believe anything until it's actually done. :lol:

I will plan on being the organizer for a Saturday night gathering, but won't worry about it until we get at least a little closer to June. :) There are three Irish pubs within range of the stadium area, so I'm sure we can find a good spot to go!

I'm not technically a local any more, but cori and I went to a nice Irish pub fairly near the stadium a few years ago. It might be a decent place for a gathering.

ETA - and looks like she beat me to the punch! :laugh:

Looking forward to meeting you all. Too bad we have to wait like half a year! :lol:

Yeah, Fado was my first thought - it's big, but very popular, so Saturday night might be super crowded, but I don't think we'll have such a big crowd like it was in Vegas, so I don't think it'll be a problem wherever we go.

Owl & Thistle is very close to Fado, in the Pioneer Square area, and then there's .... uh ..... the other one whose name I'm blanking on, which is by Pike Place Market.

There's also FX McRory's, with its giant wall of fancy-schmancy whisky!

Yeah, Fado was my first thought - it's big, but very popular, so Saturday night might be super crowded, but I don't think we'll have such a big crowd like it was in Vegas, so I don't think it'll be a problem wherever we go.

Owl & Thistle is very close to Fado, in the Pioneer Square area, and then there's .... uh ..... the other one whose name I'm blanking on, which is by Pike Place Market.

I'm in for wherever it is! Looking forward to getting together...even if it is months away...:up:

You must be thinking of Kells at Pike Place?

This seems very last minute of Ticketbastard, u2.com, etc. So the presale starts tomorrow? Crazy. For the other shows I went to, there was info up long before the sale. Not that it really matters much to me this time, as I'll be getting GA, but still. It sucks for those wanting seats. Hopefully they'll have the info up soon.

I didn't re-subscribe, and I've used up all my codes, but hopefully I'll manage to have some luck in the general sale.

for the anaheim presales last week, the seating chart showed up the day before

-dan

This seems very last minute of Ticketbastard, u2.com, etc. So the presale starts tomorrow? Crazy. For the other shows I went to, there was info up long before the sale. Not that it really matters much to me this time, as I'll be getting GA, but still. It sucks for those wanting seats. Hopefully they'll have the info up soon.
I didn't re-subscribe, and I've used up all my codes, but hopefully I'll manage to have some luck in the general sale.

Ya, that's weird. I am doing GA anyway too, but I still want to see how it will look.
So I have 2 codes now on my U2.com page for the presale. I re-subscribed a few weeks ago after I realized my subscription lasped with no notice. So I am guessing I have 2 because of my unused code from my previous subscription?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom