June 03, 2010 - Rice Eccles Stadium SALT LAKE CITY, UT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you, I don't think they would spend that much money and go through all that trouble with the huge stages just to play north america and europe. they will start profiting finally off the start of their 2010 shows, so I'm sure they will try to work out the southern hemisphere as well.

I don't see them going to Australia or South America with the 360 stage. Too much money to transport the stage after Europe to South America and then ship it to Aussie.

The Smith's website says "Presale runs 2/20 10AM - 5PM", which does not agree with the u2.com info.

Does anyone have any presale codes left anyway???

I don't see them going to Australia or South America with the 360 stage. Too much money to transport the stage after Europe to South America and then ship it to Aussie.

And it's expensive to operate on a day to day basis, especially with high energy prices compared to when the tour was on the drawing board. The majority of the 2010 legs can be accomplished with 2 Claws instead of 3, which will cut costs substantially. I agree that the profit margin is probably too low (and/or risk too high) to justify transporting the claws all over the place, particularly for fewer than 10 shows on a continent.

The Smith's website says "Presale runs 2/20 10AM - 5PM", which does not agree with the u2.com info.

Does anyone have any presale codes left anyway???

My understanding from the website was that you could buy tickets on 2/20 if you joined the fan club NOW. For all of us that have remaining codes, the presale information that U2.com sent out is incorrect.

If you look at the e-mail that was sent out, there are four different links, depending on which group you are in. Make sure you click on the right one. :)

Also, on one section of U2.com (as well as the e-mail that was sent IIRC), it indicates that the Horizon and Breathe presales will start at the same time, as well as the Boots and Magnificent presales starting at another time. However, if you go to the "Tours" page, it lists four different start times. As always, U2.com is on top of their game. :)

EDIT: They sent out an e-mail with corrected times after I posted the above comment...

Michael

Looks like no Ticketmaster. I haven't lived there in 10 years, so I can't vouch for Smith's Tix. Back then you actually had to get in line. Could be interesting for the general onsale.

U2 coming to Salt Lake City - Salt Lake Tribune

smith tix event page:

U2 360° Tour - Rice-Eccles Stadium, Salt Lake City, UT - Jun 3, 2010 - Smith's Tix

seating chart(claw has a massive footprint!):

http://smithstix.com/images/venues/seating/u2_360tour_seatingchart_543x398.jpg

Good lord, this sale is going to be a nightmare, I just tried a test purchase and the site is craaaawwwlllliiiinnnngggg... Can just imagine how it's going to be when everyone hits it for U2...

Sheesh, the presale just allowed me to buy 3 tickets off of a code that should have only had one ticket left, and my seats are amazing. I seriously paid less than half of what I paid for Chicago seats last year that were further away. Utah 4 evar!

Didn't Lenny open for them too? Elevation? Wait, maybe I'm getting the U2 tours confused with Aerosmith...

So now I have a Muse ticket AND a U2 ticket for SLC. If I want to extend my trip to UT to visit the national parks (Bryce, Zion, or Arches) AND go to a concert too, is it better to do it in April (Muse) or June (U2)? I can only go on one trip.

Last edited:
It's not far from Arches, relatively speaking of course. You would take the same main road to get to both.

American domestic airfares a bloody expensive! I'm going to spend a fortune going back & forth between LA & Sun Valley. Then I'll get charged even more, for the pleasure of actually stowing some lugguge in the hold.

Give me Europe's Ryan Air anyday. No frills, but sooooo cheap!

American domestic airfares a bloody expensive! I'm going to spend a fortune going back & forth between LA & Sun Valley. Then I'll get charged even more, for the pleasure of actually stowing some lugguge in the hold.

Give me Europe's Ryan Air anyday. No frills, but sooooo cheap!

Southwest Airlines (southwest.com) doesn't charge you for checking bags. I'm not an experienced Southwest flyer but I've heard good reviews of the airline. They're similar to easyJet and Ryan Air. So if you're used to Ryan Air, Southwest may be the way to go.

Southwest doesn't charge for bags, but their fares are high enough that sometimes it's cheaper to pay for checked bags on another airline. I haven't actually found a Southwest fare another airline couldn't beat in a long time.

Southwest doesn't charge for bags, but their fares are high enough that sometimes it's cheaper to pay for checked bags on another airline. I haven't actually found a Southwest fare another airline couldn't beat in a long time.

Coming out of Austin, SWA is nearly always the cheapest way for me to fly anywhere domestic.

I was totally out of the loop this past week! Had one presale code left and totally would have used it for SLC. Gonna wing it tomorrow in the public sale. Hoping for some GA's.

So I am trying to get a sense of how long to spend in SLC. I figure three days besides the show should more than do it. Anywhere else outside the city besides Bryce Canyon I should see? Is Park City reachable by public transportation?

Got my GA in the general sale this morning, easy! There's actually still GA's available, & we're nearly 2hrs into the sale!

Booked my accommodation for the night. Decided on the University Guest House. $100 for a 2x queen room (incl. tax). Close to the stadium, & close to the light rail line. Also east of the stadium, most people will be travelling west, back to downtown, so traffic to the guest house shouldn't be too bad.

The other close-by option is the Marriott University Park. $139 for a 2x queen room (excl. tax). A little closer than the guest house, but further from a light rail station.

See ya in SLC :wink:

That's an interesting question. I remember after the Vertigo show which was a Saturday night we couldn't even find a restaurant open, nevermind a place that sold alcohol. :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom