SLC Presale/General Sale Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ramblin rose

Site Team
Staff member
As per the email I got the presales are as follows:

Click the links below for the ticketing site, then enter your presale access code at the ticketing site.

According to the u2.comtour page and email the presales are:

Horizon Group - Thurs. 18 Feb. 10AM
Breathe Group - Thurs. 18 Feb. 3PM
Boots Group - Fri. 19 Feb. 10AM
Magnificent Group - Fri. 19 Feb. 3PM
Presale ends - Sat. Feb. 20 5PM

All times are local venue times.

I think it's safe to say that the general sale is, (even though the article on U2.com says February 2nd. :huh: )

Public onsale begins - Monday, Feb 22nd 10AM

All times are local to SLC. Salt Lake City in on Mountain Time which at present is GMT - 7.

Tickets will be sold through Smiths Tixs. You will need to setup an account at the time of purchase.

Last edited:
Here we go again.....

All my presale code allocations have been used. So I'll be braving the general sale. Was successful in getting a GA in the Oakland general sale, so hoping SLC goes the same way.

I'm not a fan of Ticketbastard, & their exorbinant fees. But I'd prefer to use their site, as it's familiar, than have to face the totally foreign University of Utah 'Utah Tickets' site. Reminds me of the Vegas sale, & the UNLV site, success again with a GA ticket, but a very stressfull experience.

ok, just about time the refresh my ticket buying skills......... remember My Ticketmaster password,........ clean out the computer (make it nice & speedy),....... add all relevant sites as favourites to both IE & Firefox, including timeanddate.com (so I can search for tickets right on time),....... then practice, practice, practice purchasing tickets (& typing those security check codes).

I'm sweating just thinking about it :yikes:

Here we go again.....

All my presale code allocations have been used. So I'll be braving the general sale. Was successful in getting a GA in the Oakland general sale, so hoping SLC goes the same way.

I'm not a fan of Ticketbastard, & their exorbinant fees. But I'd prefer to use their site, as it's familiar, than have to face the totally foreign University of Utah 'Utah Tickets' site. Reminds me of the Vegas sale, & the UNLV site, success again with a GA ticket, but a very stressfull experience.

ok, just about time the refresh my ticket buying skills......... remember My Ticketmaster password,........ clean out the computer (make it nice & speedy),....... add all relevant sites as favourites to both IE & Firefox, including timeanddate.com (so I can search for tickets right on time),....... then practice, practice, practice purchasing tickets (& typing those security check codes).

I'm sweating just thinking about it :yikes:

this. exactly...

Looks like no Ticketmaster. I haven't lived there in 10 years, so I can't vouch for Smith's Tix. Back then you actually had to get in line. Could be interesting for the general onsale.

U2 coming to Salt Lake City - Salt Lake Tribune

smith tix event page:

U2 360° Tour - Rice-Eccles Stadium, Salt Lake City, UT - Jun 3, 2010 - Smith's Tix

seating chart(claw has a massive footprint!):

http://smithstix.com/images/venues/seating/u2_360tour_seatingchart_543x398.jpg

Looks like they're handling the RZ auction also.

I imagine that this was probably part of the reason it took so long to announce this show. I hope "Smiths Tix" know what they're getting themselves into. :yikes:

I officially have no clue when this presale will be and I received no email from u2.com. Figure,s the one moment I NEED to know this stuff I can't figure it out. :doh:

Btw, the U2.com article also says the 10am/3pm difference but the tour site also has the 10am/10am thing next to the SLC date. :crack:

Wait, so no Ticketbastard? :confused: WHy not? Argh, I just made an account there.

Here's a link to setup an account on this site. Oh my, this ticket site makes me nervous. Hopefully there won't be a problem.

SmithsTIX.com Online Ticket Office | Registration

Well, for sure Horizon starts tomorrow at 10AM SLC time. I posted the time zone in my original post, as well, as the information I got in the email and what's on u2.com.

Last edited:
I figure we'll see by the time Breathe members can get in we can figure out when Magnificent gets in.

Thanks for the link, I'll set up an account there. I'm getting a ticket for a good friend of mine, so I don't want to screw this up!

U2.com just sent another email fixing the times. The email now has the same times as the u2.com tour page.

HORIZON GROUP
Salt Lake City (3 June, 2010) Thurs. 18 Feb. 10AM local

BREATHE GROUP
Salt Lake City (3 June, 2010) Thurs. 18 Feb . 3PM local

BOOTS GROUP
Salt Lake City (3 June, 2010) Fri. 19 Feb. 10AM local

MAGNIFICENT GROUP
Salt Lake City (3 June, 2010) Fri. 19 Feb. 3PM local

Let the stress begin :angry:

I signed up to Smith's Tix. All seemed good. Now the site won't let me sign in, & won't recognise my email address.

I love giving out my CC details to sites like this :yikes:

Let the stress begin :angry:

I signed up to Smith's Tix. All seemed good. Now the site won't let me sign in, & won't recognise my email address.

I love giving out my CC details to sites like this :yikes:

I was just on the site and created an account. However, I DID NOT put in my credit card details because I noticed the page from the link above is not secure(no HTTPS) :ohmy: I have no doubt that SmithTix is legit, but I'm not sure that page is as it should be. I'm hoping that there is another location on the SmithTix site that I can input CC info.

UPDATE: I can't login either. What a sad pile of dung. I'm predicting the mother of all clusterf^cks for this onsale. C'mon crappy-grocery-storeTIX, prove me wrong.

UPDATE II: That page linked above, the evenue.net page, must be wrong? I went here
https://www15.ticketingcentral.com/Portal/newmember1.aspx?cust=smithstix&skinTheme=smithstix created an account with no CC info, and can now login.

I am able to sign in and created the account with the CC number.

I'll be in a meeting all morning and won't be able to get in to buy my ticket until around 11:30AM SLC time. The stress of not knowing what is happening is going to be unbearable. :crack:

Are you booked already? :lol:

Yes. Had to rearrange some travel plans yesterday, but I'm all set now. :wink:

I am able to sign in and created the account with the CC number.

I'll be in a meeting all morning and won't be able to get in to buy my ticket until around 11:30AM SLC time. The stress of not knowing what is happening is going to be unbearable. :crack:

Yes. Had to rearrange some travel plans yesterday, but I'm all set now. :wink:

:lol: are you coming to NY this time??

Hey.. why is my online status not invisible anymore??? :shifty:

I've used Smith's Tix before (I live in Utah) and I'm having similar issues. For whatever reason, the account you use to "maintain your account" on the main page and the account you use to buy tickets aren't the same. To get yourself set up, go to buy tickets for another event (but don't actually buy them) and set up an account there. You won't be able to save your CC info without buying tickets, though, so hold that until tomorrow.

The system is very generous with its time limits, though. Even if you don't have an account set up, it gives you 10 minutes to do it once your tickets are in your cart.

Smith's Tix is a legit business, but their site needs some work...

History: Smith's Tix (back in the 90s) was the main ticket vendor in Northern Utah. During the 2000s, though, the Delta Center (now EnergySolutions Arena) moved to TicketMaster, and a few other venues followed. Last year, however, they returned to Smith's Tix--I don't believe TM has a presence in Utah anymore. I believe Smith's Tix's online system is new as of the last year or so. It obviously isn't perfect. :)

Michael

^^^ me too. which is nice after my last ga to Vegas that I bought on eBay never arrived ($140 down the drain...).

It's a simple process:

- Click the website link provided to you by U2.com

- Paste your presale code in the box

- If you want GAs, click SELECT PRICE RANGE on the bottom left, then select the quantity of tickets on the right side

- Under PRICE LEVEL, select GA FIELD - MAX: $55.00 (or, whatever other section you want)

- Click CONTINUE

- Enter verification letters

- Fill in your user info

- Fill in payment method

Total price for two GAs shipped to California is $138.80

Email confirmation arrived within one minute

Good luck!

I didn't have a problem either. Other than the zero tolerance in their word confirmation page (where you have to enter in the letters they displayed on your screen). They twisted the letters so much I had a hard time figuring out one of them, and sure enough, my entry got rejected! Happened a couple of times too before I finally got a perfect score on my third try... ugh. At least with Ticketmaster you can sometimes get by even if you enter 1 or 2 letters wrong.

I didn't have a problem either. Other than the zero tolerance in their word confirmation page (where you have to enter in the letters they displayed on your screen). They twisted the letters so much I had a hard time figuring out one of them, and sure enough, my entry got rejected! Happened a couple of times too before I finally got a perfect score on my third try... ugh. At least with Ticketmaster you can sometimes get by even if you enter 1 or 2 letters wrong.

Okay, I forgot about that. I had to enter 6 different words. :huh:

Glad to hear things are going right. I'll try at 11pm my time, hope I'll still be sober enough to select the right thing. :lol: I'm going to a party but taking my laptop with me. Already asked and my friend's fine with it.

Just tried to login at smithstix, and besides the site is shit slow it says my username does not exist. :huh: I registered wednesday! Never got a confirmation email though. But I did fill in adress/creditcard information. Fuck.

I'm trying to reregister and the site is failing. :crack:

Back
Top Bottom