July 8th and 9th 2011 - Hippodrome - Montreal - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure about Montreal but April in Winnipeg tends to be either freezing rain, snow, or a mix of both. I hope they put the Canadian dates on the warmer side of spring.

Not that freezing rain, snow or both would stop me from going. I grew up in Northern Manitoba! I can stand anything.

Maybe Arcade Fire will be able to play, or someone, anyone other than that Interpol band. That lead singer has a chip on his shoulder and is so monotone.

With a full 12 months postponement,there's gonna be a a heavy load of tickets refund.So,to resale those tickets,they'll may need to bring a big name opening act.

Will be interesting to see.

I would like a new opening act...Arcade Fire.:shifty:

I'm not sure about Montreal but April in Winnipeg tends to be either freezing rain, snow, or a mix of both. I hope they put the Canadian dates on the warmer side of spring.

Not that freezing rain, snow or both would stop me from going. I grew up in Northern Manitoba! I can stand anything.

As you are aware, Montreal is in the Northeast. This area gets a hodgepodge of weather in the spring...snow, rain, sometimes freezing rain, wind...you name it. Late June or July is a safe bet...they need time to set up the stadium. I cannot imagine them building it in the snow!

We can take pics in front of the empty field :lol:

I kinda know what you mean Val. I was thinking the other day about the whole situation and I've been trying to put a positive spin on it:

1. We get to have two trips to Montreal together and hang out twice as much.
2. We get to actually do some sight seeing of the city instead of sitting outside the stadium all day
3. We can check out the areas and hotels and see where's best to book for next year, and we'll know exactly where we're going next summer
4. After this summer is finished we'll still have something to look forward to next summer instead of nothing
5. We have another year to have the excited pre-concert feelings
6. We can add more shows :shifty:
7. This year gives U2 more time to come up with new awesome ideas for the show.
8. Bono will be fully recovered and better then ever :love:

:up: Great list! I was so sad for a few days but now that we're still going to Montreal this summer and actually seeing the city instead of just the GA line I feel much better. Plus Bon Jovi just announced that they are playing at SPAC in July so I'll get a fun concert to go to anyway!

We can take pics in front of the empty field :lol:

I kinda know what you mean Val. I was thinking the other day about the whole situation and I've been trying to put a positive spin on it:

1. We get to have two trips to Montreal together and hang out twice as much.
2. We get to actually do some sight seeing of the city instead of sitting outside the stadium all day
3. We can check out the areas and hotels and see where's best to book for next year, and we'll know exactly where we're going next summer
4. After this summer is finished we'll still have something to look forward to next summer instead of nothing
5. We have another year to have the excited pre-concert feelings
6. We can add more shows :shifty:
7. This year gives U2 more time to come up with new awesome ideas for the show.
8. Bono will be fully recovered and better then ever :love:

These are aweeesome positive points!! Come August, things were going to suck so much...now, I can be in a state of general anticipation for longer :lol:

I'm so glad we're still going up for those few days :hyper:

SLUMBER PARTY! I thought I would never get the chance to have a giggle-filled slumber party again...:lol:

And it'll be easier since we won't be worrying about being up at 4 am or sleeping outside or something.

We'll worry about that next year :wink:

What dates is he playing in July?

July 11 at SPAC in Saratoga, NY tickets go on sale Saturday the 5th. If you've never been there it's a unique venue--outside ampitheatre in a state park with 2 levels of seats and a great big lawn where you can bring your blanket and lawn chairs (and for some events, picnics and drinks). It's about 3 hours from Montreal.

SLUMBER PARTY! I thought I would never get the chance to have a giggle-filled slumber party again...:lol:

And it'll be easier since we won't be worrying about being up at 4 am or sleeping outside or something.

We'll worry about that next year :wink:

Yay Girls Trip! :hyper:

I doubt we'll still be able to get a full nights sleep with all the U2 fangirl talk :lol:

July 11 at SPAC in Saratoga, NY tickets go on sale Saturday the 5th. If you've never been there it's a unique venue--outside ampitheatre in a state park with 2 levels of seats and a great big lawn where you can bring your blanket and lawn chairs (and for some events, picnics and drinks). It's about 3 hours from Montreal.

Thanks for the info. I won't be there until the 15th though.

3. We can check out the areas and hotels and see where's best to book for next year, and we'll know exactly where we're going next summer.
3a) And then we can report out findings to VP.​

:wink:

sorry guys i have totally been out of the loop, just wondering, so we keep our tickets for the concert? how does that all work?

thanks

Keep the ticket bono=genius.

Things you can do instead in Montreal not to waste your hotel reservation and ticket or whatever:
- If you decide to come 2 weeks earlier you can still catch the Jazz Fest.
- Visit touristic places like Park Mont Royal on Sunday mornings and afternoons (Montreal's Tam), walk around Crescent to get a few drinks in the cool bars there, check some cool hipster places in Boul. St Laurent, go to Casa del Popolo and grab some veggie food and watch some cool bands play. My band is actually playing there 2 weeks after the show.

I'll post new suggestions.

But i don't think there's enough warm cities in those 14 to start a tour in early-mid April,though.Unless they ad more warm towns...which would mean going back in Texas,Arizona and Vegas

Toronto can be in the earlier set of dates because Skydome has a retractable roof.

U2 may shift the US dates to be May/June rather thana month earlier if they plan to add Glastonbury as a lone Euro gig in the last weekend in June.

Toronto can be in the earlier set of dates because Skydome has a retractable roof.

U2 may shift the US dates to be May/June rather thana month earlier if they plan to add Glastonbury as a lone Euro gig in the last weekend in June.

tut!,tut!,tut! *slap on the hand *..not the skydome,the Rogers Centre,R-O-G-E-R-S C-E-N-T-R-E

:wink:

I'm actually hoping the tour ends in Montreal in 2011 -- may that be June, July, whenever... :drool:
:applaud:

That would be way too awesome!!! :hyper: I couldn't even begin to imagine how the atmosphere would be like... :drool: I would definitely make an attempt to get tickets for the final night!!!

I think it's more convenient for the crew to end the tour in Jersey since they'll send the 3 claws overseas from Newark.

....Hawaii was the end of the vertigo tour.

...Jersey won't be....according to the Dublin shows rumors.

Don't you guys wish the city of Montreal had an actual sports stadium for events such as this?;)

Toronto has the Skydome, Vancouver has BC Place, Edmonton has Commonwealth Stadium, and Winnipeg is getting a new stadium for the Blue Bombers.

Yet, Montreal is stuck with The Big O, a broken-down piece of garbage. Oh yea- there's also Molson Stadium.:huh:

Don't you guys wish the city of Montreal had an actual sports stadium for events such as this?;)

Toronto has the Skydome, Vancouver has BC Place, Edmonton has Commonwealth Stadium, and Winnipeg is getting a new stadium for the Blue Bombers.

Yet, Montreal is stuck with The Big O, a broken-down piece of garbage. Oh yea- there's also Molson Stadium.:huh:

No. Parc Jean Drapeau is the perfect venue for outdoor summer concerts, in my opinion.

And Molson Stadium, is a beautiful little venue in a very scenic location, with the Montreal skyline in full view from the north side bleachers.

And Molson Stadium, is a beautiful little venue in a very scenic location, with the Montreal skyline in full view from the north side bleachers.

So would it be difficult to pull of a major concert at Molson Stadium?

Just curious.

So would it be difficult to pull of a major concert at Molson Stadium?

Just curious.

Yes and no. The 360 Tour is obviously too big for a 25,000-seat stadium. But a smaller concert would work easily.

But it would be difficult because it's in a dense residential neighbourhood, and the noise complaints would most likely make major concerts untenable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom