July 6th 2010 - Chicago Soldier Field

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is only one show in Chicago I may just pay the $45 bucks to park @ SF this time rather than riding The Glorified Cattle Car aka The Blue Line although Stacey really liked it:huh:

cabs were pretty cheap from around the chicago river area and got within pretty reasonable walking distance of the stadium, and afterwards the bus back to the loop worked out ok.

Ian on night uno Stacey & I finally arrived back at the hotel at 3:15a.m.:ohmy: night two was far better I believe we got back around 1:15a.m. :up:

We tried to find a cab to take us back to our hotel but there were none

cabs were pretty cheap from around the chicago river area and got within pretty reasonable walking distance of the stadium, and afterwards the bus back to the loop worked out ok.

I was relatively drunk the two times we took cabs to the stadium. So, it's nice to hear it was cheap. :wink:

The other times we took cabs were very reasonable, too. The water taxi by the aquarium to Navy Pier was a little overpriced, but I did get to yacht shop on the ride. :D

Ian on night uno Stacey & I finally arrived back at the hotel at 3:15a.m.:ohmy: night two was far better I believe we got back around 1:15a.m. :up:

We tried to find a cab to take us back to our hotel but there were none

wow, both nights the latest we would've got back was about 1:30, and we were almost the last people to leave the building on both nights.

I was relatively drunk the two times we took cabs to the stadium. So, it's nice to hear it was cheap. :wink:

The other times we took cabs were very reasonable, too. The water taxi by the aquarium to Navy Pier was a little overpriced, but I did get to yacht shop on the ride. :D

:lol: i will admit i was looking at the meter and pretending it was in new zealand dollars! but it still seemed pretty reasonable for what it was!

damn, i'll have to put that on the to-do list :hmm:

Navy Pier

Not telling anyone what to do but for whoever does hit Chicago try to go to The Navy Pier at least one night (especially for b/f & g/f's) Ian & Khan:D & husbands & wives & take a Lake Shore Cruise:cute:

Although bending me over a barrel to park there:angry:$24 bucks

Vertigo leg 3, it was HELLISH trying to find a cab from the United Center. We just kept walking and walking, and the neighbourhood got sketchier and sketchier. :shudder:

And...oh yes, I'm in for Chicago! :hyper:

Anybody hear about tickets for soldierfield going on sale this week for presale??? Or is that just with other cities?

I hope it isn't my friends don't have money right now for a ticket....

And whoever said chicago might have a second date... i hope so...!

Don't worry. Even if you can't get in on the presale/general sale, you'll be able to get tickets from here. Around the time of the Chicago shows, the what do you want/have section had many posters looking to sell tickets.

Don't worry. Even if you can't get in on the presale/general sale, you'll be able to get tickets from here. Around the time of the Chicago shows, the what do you want/have section had many posters looking to sell tickets.

Really? Face value usually?

Ok...wife and I are debating on this show. I've seen U2 in NY and Philly before.....but never Chicago.

Chicago seems up in the ranking.......only the drive from Toronto discourages me.

According to mapquest they are all 9 hours away (NY, Philly, Chi).

What to do?

Ok...wife and I are debating on this show. I've seen U2 in NY and Philly before.....but never Chicago.

Chicago seems up in the ranking.......only the drive from Toronto discourages me.

According to mapquest they are all 9 hours away (NY, Philly, Chi).

What to do?

Since they are all the same distance with driving come to Chicago! This is the city that you haven't seen U2 play in yet.

Yup....wifey just confirmed that Chicago is the date. Gonna use her code for Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom