July 3rd 2010 Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep me posted! It could influence my decision.

At the moment, I'd say the order of likelihood for shows for me are:

1. Toronto (duh)
2. East Lansing (easy to get to, and cheap accommodations)
3. Chicago and Montreal are tied, but you could push Chicago over the top :sexywink:

Well i had a sneaky peak at the holiday list and so far there's only 1 person off that week.( 2 are allowed 3 at a stretch) As a senior member of staff hopefully i should get it.... everythng crossed. :wink:

It's an exciting time to see U2 in the summer....

....and you're a teacher :wave:

My thoughts exactly! This last leg was tricky since I don't like leaving my students, but I managed 2 shows with 1 day off. Nothing to worry about in July which will be great.

The husband got 2 GA's for Toronto this afternoon. Summer can't come fast enough! Now we're waiting for Montreal, Anaheim, Jersey, and Miami (seats for this show-- we're Floridians and TPA GA was too damn hot) to go on sale... and more reasonable airfare.

Now to find a place to stay in Toronto.

Just bought a ticket (seat) for Toronto! Have never been there before, but have decided that Toronto is one of my choices for 2010 since Boston area already got two shows this year.

Can anyone tell me if there are good/close hotels that you have stayed at close to the stadium. Looks like the hotel right at the stadium is already full??:huh:

Any help would be appreciated.:wave:

Boston invading Toronto :grouphug:

Toronto Luxury Downtown Hotel - Intercontinental Toronto Centre has been mentioned several times in this thread.

Toronto Hotels: Read Toronto Hotel Reviews and Compare Prices - TripAdvisor is a good source for hotel reviews.

Some of us have had good success with Hotwire.com and Priceline. If you consider this I recommend you check out Priceline and Hotwire Forum

If people can continue to post their hotel suggestions, I will compile a list as I am sure this question will keep being asked from now until July :heart:

looks like you can click and buy the U2.com membership at the time you select GA seats...worked for me to allow another to get 2 GA seats about an hour ago....

I'm going to assume this will be a more festive city then Denver even though Red Rocks and the Joshua Tree are over there :hmm:

Boston invading Toronto :grouphug:

Toronto Luxury Downtown Hotel - Intercontinental Toronto Centre has been mentioned several times in this thread.

Toronto Hotels: Read Toronto Hotel Reviews and Compare Prices - TripAdvisor is a good source for hotel reviews.

Some of us have had good success with Hotwire.com and Priceline. If you consider this I recommend you check out Priceline and Hotwire Forum

If people can continue to post their hotel suggestions, I will compile a list as I am sure this question will keep being asked from now until July :heart:

More links! Thank you!!! :wave:
Will have to research this weekend and book soon i think!

Yup...stadium hotel is full.....

Still showing full today!

I remember in September though when I was dreaming and wishing I had planned to go to Toronto (chicago won out because of the dates) i peeked at the hotel like a few days before and there were openings.

Looks like there are several other nice close choices too!

It's my city...and I don't mind sitting and meeting other U2 heads. Also it will be July. Glad the GA posse will be deep with interferencers. See you on tour in July. Also planning MTL, Philly or Chicago, and Michigan. It's an exciting time to see U2 in the summer....

....and you're a teacher :wave:

Hey, we were in line together for TO1. We shared some Stella (thank you). I was with my brother, Chris and his gf...the one who slept in the suitcase.

Sounds like we might be seeing each other again this summer :wave:

sweet...mine are ready for pick up...

perhaps we can all get our shit together a little better this go round for pre-post drinks given what we know about last time around....

now off to bid on some RZ tix also...for Karma!!

perhaps we can all get our shit together a little better this go round for pre-post drinks given what we know about last time around....

Ha! I've been thinking about that.

After TO2, my group (6 of us all together) of us ended up at Gretzky's. The bar area was crowded and really noisy, and so we asked if there was any place quieter. They took us back to this "lounge" area off of the bar, and it was perfect. We were the only ones in it, but I'm sure it would have accommodated 30 - 40 or so people, give or take. I wonder if they would be willing to reserve that. That time of the year, Gretzky's rooftop patio should be in full swing, too.

I actually suggested Gretzky's very early in the deciding process last time, but many other people seemed to want to go the Irish pub route.

VP, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, don't forget it's Gay Pride that weekend so reserving bar space could be difficult... That being said, I don't know if Gretzky's is exactly a gay Mecca or anything :wink:

:lol: I was just thinking the exact same thing!

That was the problem last time, we "planned" on that one small Irish pub on Front, and when I asked about reserving spots, they looked at me like I had two heads. The next place we went to, the same thing happened. It sounds to me like downtown bars/restaurants just don't like to reserve tables, and risk turning away potential customers while holding spaces for people who may not show up.

It's a conundrum. :hmm: If anyone has any ideas, throw them out there.

the pride festivities will not be anywhere near Gretzky's. usually the bars on Church are packed as the streets are closed etc.

the back room idea works...i think that is the restaurant area. i agree, it would be better than the bar area.

i was at that irish pub by myself the night before TO1...and no one showed up...or you were all in the line for TO1....oh well, five pints by myself. i felt just peachy....

chances are the places that will allow a reservation are not likely going to be that busy....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom