July 16th, 17th, 2010 - Montreal - Hippodrome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and if the problem with Olympic stadium is the roof height, then the claw will have to get shorter or bust. The new roof is permanent, and the roof hasn't been able to open for, what?, at least a decade now? Blame cwazy 70s architecture.

That said, the Big O does resemble an alien spacecraft from the outside at night when it's bathed in orange and white lights. It'd be a nice marriage of design with the claw.

Olympic Stadium isn't exactly around anything other than the Biodome and Insectorium. So if you're planning on staying in Montreal for a few days, you might want to stay downtown and then just take the subway to the stadium. JMHO.

Olympic Stadium isn't exactly around anything other than the Biodome and Insectorium. So if you're planning on staying in Montreal for a few days, you might want to stay downtown and then just take the subway to the stadium. JMHO.

Yeah, I'm thinking you're on to something there. And while the Auberge is next to the stadium, it's received some questionable reviews on a few travel sites. You have to take those with a grain of salt, but just something else to consider when looking to book. I'm going to hold off for now. This is the show I'm most questionable on, as I plan to head to NJ next and it's a long drive

Yeah, I'm thinking you're on to something there. And while the Auberge is next to the stadium, it's received some questionable reviews on a few travel sites. You have to take those with a grain of salt, but just something else to consider when looking to book. I'm going to hold off for now. This is the show I'm most questionable on, as I plan to head to NJ next and it's a long drive

We will try and see as much of the city as possible while we are there. I'll book when we have a venue (and hopefully 2 nights of shows). Then, it's off to NJ for us, too.

We will try and see as much of the city as possible while we are there. I'll book when we have a venue (and hopefully 2 nights of shows). Then, it's off to NJ for us, too.

Hey. The night of the schuled U2 concert and only that night... the hotel is an extra 40 canadian dollars. plus, you do not have to pay know if you book. you can always cancel.

Oh excellent! Lots of people Hoofing it to nj!!!
Romi did they justraise it $40? When I lookedlast night 7/15-7/18 was $129 CAN each night.

Romi did they justraise it $40? When I lookedlast night 7/15-7/18 was $129 CAN each night.

We'll fly from Montreal to NJ if we go. I need to keep up my status on United, so every little flight helps. Thankfully, they are usually work flights.

I already know I want to take a boat tour of Montreal. I'm getting excited, it looks like a beautiful city.

It was the first time I checked therates, so I don't know if they had JUST raised it, but it's definetely suspicious that the one night of the U2 concert is more expensive.

I already know I want to take a boat tour of Montreal. I'm getting excited, it looks like a beautiful city.

It is. If you have any questions in the lead-up to your trip, let me know.

If you're going to be staying that Saturday, I suggest taking in the International Fireworks competition at 10 p.m.. You can view it from a few places - the Old Port, the La Ronde amusement park - but the best place to view them is on Jacques Cartier bridge, which they shut down for the event. I'm taking a few Interferencers on the bridge, so if you want to come with you're more than welcome. Anyone else willing to come is welcome, too.

If you're going to be staying that Saturday, I suggest taking in the International Fireworks competition at 10 p.m.. You can view it from a few places - the Old Port, the La Ronde amusement park - but the best place to view them is on Jacques Cartier bridge, which they shut down for the event. I'm taking a few Interferencers on the bridge, so if you want to come with you're more than welcome. Anyone else willing to come is welcome, too.

wow! I'm also really looking forward to Montreal, and will be asking you lots of questions.

Hey thanks! I will be looking here for answers as the questions arise.

Here's one: How long/far a drive is it between Montreal and Ottawa?
I'm starting to scheme a work tie-in for the show. I have a potential client in Ottawa.

Hey thanks! I will be looking here for answers as the questions arise.

Here's one: How long/far a drive is it between Montreal and Ottawa?
I'm starting to scheme a work tie-in for the show. I have a potential client in Ottawa.

It's about 190 kilometres between the two cities, so depending on how fast you drive it will take you around one hour and 40 minutes to two hours.

any truth to the rumours that the Big O's roof will be torn down and replaced...but that the U2 concert may take place, open air, between the tear-down and replacing jobs?

any truth to the rumours that the Big O's roof will be torn down and replaced...but that the U2 concert may take place, open air, between the tear-down and replacing jobs?

That would be amazing and is actually slightly possible.

open stadium,

Img214037638.jpg

I would think it would take too long to tear down such a massive structure in a short period of time. Remember, we have 4+ months of winter weather between now and then.

I would think it would take too long to tear down such a massive structure in a short period of time. Remember, we have 4+ months of winter weather between now and then.

And winter in Montreal is never, ever, forgettable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom