July 11th 2011 - Rogers Centre - Toronto, ON

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave: hi all! i'm new to the thread because i just got a ticket!!!! :hyper: i can't wait to go, but obviously i'm a little late to the game and have to get a hotel, figure out transportation, etc. that being said, if anyone is looking to share a room in TO, i'd love to work something out. i'll be doing the montreal shows as well and i understand that many are taking the train between Montreal and TO too.... does anyone have a link? (sorry, if it's been posted, i haven't had a chance to go through all the pages yet).

going to be awesome!!!

:wave: hi all! i'm new to the thread because i just got a ticket!!!! :hyper: i can't wait to go, but obviously i'm a little late to the game and have to get a hotel, figure out transportation, etc. that being said, if anyone is looking to share a room in TO, i'd love to work something out. i'll be doing the montreal shows as well and i understand that many are taking the train between Montreal and TO too.... does anyone have a link? (sorry, if it's been posted, i haven't had a chance to go through all the pages yet).

going to be awesome!!!

Cari. You found the madhouse thread. :wink:

Sorry I so meant to send you that link last night then I went out last night and forgot. :reject: x 4000000.

We all need to try get on the same train. That will be some awesome train journey. :dance::lol:

I already feel sorry for the rest of the passengers.:shifty::lmao:

Maybe it will also be easier to arrange the gathering and get a space for it if theres no film festival/gay pride going on this time. :wink::lol::hmm:

What invite those 3 old guys in for a gangbang?? :tsk:

:lol:

Must I really post the link :hmm: The plan will be 100 times more hilarious now that the band will actually be in town this time.

Pleba is going to take over Toronto and the hotel.

WooHoo!!

It seems like the party is going to move from Montreal to Toronto.

Definitely :hyper:
I'm driving from Montreal to Toronto and we're planning on decorating the car with that washable marker stuff. We're gonna write "This car is following the U2 Tour" on it.

Maybe it will also be easier to arrange the gathering and get a space for it if theres no film festival/gay pride going on this time. :wink::lol::hmm:

We'll have to arrange a late dinner/drinks gathering and then we can go straight to our camp out afterwards :shifty:

yay! thanks iris!

We all need to try get on the same train. That will be some awesome train journey. :dance::lol:

oh yeah it will! :crazyofepicproportions:

I'm driving from Montreal to Toronto and we're planning on decorating the car with that washable marker stuff. We're gonna write "This car is following the U2 Tour" on it.

love it!!!!

:hyper: i wasn't able to score GA, but have a seat! wahooo!!

We'll also be driving from Montreal to Toronto. It could be one big caravan.

I would suggest stopping in Kingston and grabbing some poutine at a place called Bubba's. Their poutine and pizza are fantastic.

BTW, maybe we could organize a caravan / rides to help out fellow U2 fans and save them some coin.

I'll probably just take a Porter flight from Montreal to TO the day after Montreal 2. I'll meet you guys at the Renaissance later in the day.

Nothing against you guys.:reject::hug: But I want to arrive in TO as early as possible, so that I could just chill before all the craziness starts later that night and the day after.;)

You know- the calm before the storm.:wink::lol:

(BTW- I missed out on the special deal and I now will have to plunk down $309 CAD per night.:doh:)

I'll probably just take a Porter flight from Montreal to TO the day after Montreal 2. I'll meet you guys at the Renaissance later in the day.

Nothing against you guys.:reject: But I want to arrive in TO as early as possible, so that I could just chill before all the craziness starts later that night and the day after.;)

You know- the calm before the storm.:wink::lol:

(BTW- I missed out on the special deal and I now will have to plunk down $309 CAD per night.:doh:)

You can also book a room at the Residence Inn, which is about 2 or 3 blocks away from Rogers Centre and costs about $100 less.

Nothing against you guys.:reject::hug: But I want to arrive in TO as early as possible, so that I could just chill before all the craziness starts later that night and the day after.;)

Perhaps we could meet up? I am the only one in here it seems that is not doing Montreal, so I will be getting there before everyone else!:hmm:

Perhaps we could meet up? I am the only one in here it seems that is not doing Montreal, so I will be getting there before everyone else!:hmm:

Sure thing. I'm probably going to go shopping around for "GA essentials"- bottles of water, Subway sandwiches, something to sit/lay down on, suntan lotion, etc.

The Rose Bowl was my first time doing GA, and I was very "ill-equipped". I ended up sitting on the wet grass, almost dehydrating myself, eating near-spoiled food, almost sun-burning myself- among other embarrassments on my part.:(

So I've made a promise to myself to shop for bearings the day before each of my GA shows next year.

Oh yeah- I also need to buy one of those silvery bags that read "HOT/COLD" on them.:shifty:

There is a Canadian Tire store that would have most of those things at Eatons Centre. It will be my first GA so I will be going shopping for those things too!:wink:

I got my Toronto GA today, and it says enter at Gate 15. Does everyone elses GA ticket say that?:hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom