July 11th 2011 - Rogers Centre - Toronto, ON

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:applaud:Yay Mark!!!! glad you are going to be there too! We'll leave you alone!:shifty:

:cheer: Do it do it do it! :cheer:

I'm sure I will. It honestly comes down to the timing of the Toronto Fringe, which I guess won't get announced until November. But, the Festival runs for a week and a half, so it would be possible to fly into Toronto, see some Fringe shows, go up to Montreal for the U2 shows and then come back to Toronto for their U2 show.

See, y'all made me rationalize it already.

Anyone hear any rumors regarding opening acts for the NA leg (specifically Toronto)? The Jay-Z announcement has me a bit worried.

Please no Jay-Z... please no Jay-Z...

I'm sure I will. It honestly comes down to the timing of the Toronto Fringe, which I guess won't get announced until November. But, the Festival runs for a week and a half, so it would be possible to fly into Toronto, see some Fringe shows, go up to Montreal for the U2 shows and then come back to Toronto for their U2 show.

See, y'all made me rationalize it already.

Chaps please....:shifty:

Anyone hear any rumors regarding opening acts for the NA leg (specifically Toronto)? The Jay-Z announcement has me a bit worried.

Please no Jay-Z... please no Jay-Z...

Ugh, please no.

I don't know what Live Nation is doing to Australia and NZ, but Jay-Z after Kanye, I'm not sure they've ever heard U2 play, let alone know who their audience is.

Ugh, please no.

I don't know what Live Nation is doing to Australia and NZ, but Jay-Z after Kanye, I'm not sure they've ever heard U2 play, let alone know who their audience is.

Sometimes I wonder if the powers that be who control U2's who opening acts are don't sometimes book the crappiest acts they can find just to make us that much more thankful when our boys take the stage. Some of the most crap acts I've ever seen have been openers for U2 (I'm looking at you Fun Lovin' Criminals).

That being said, a few of the best acts I've ever seen have been openers too (I'm looking at you Arcade Fire).

Sometimes I wonder if the powers that be who control U2's who opening acts are don't sometimes book the crappiest acts they can find just to make us that much more thankful when our boys take the stage. Some of the most crap acts I've ever seen have been openers for U2 (I'm looking at you Fun Lovin' Criminals).

That being said, a few of the best acts I've ever seen have been openers too (I'm looking at you Arcade Fire).

Arcade Fire would have been awesome--still hoping they open Montreal and Toronto next summer.

:up: Garbage, No Doubt, Snow Patrol

:down: Smashmouth, Kanye

I raise you Glasvegas :yuck: not once , not twice but 4 times :crack:

I think The Fray would have been better. I feel your pain for getting them four times. I only had them that one time.

To be fair, there is NO WAY GlasVegas belongs in a stadium or an arena. I saw them at a small club, and they were pretty good (There were other small, good bands there, too.). Anything beyond that, I totally believe they would be overmatched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom