August 14th at Wembley

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roof does not really cloes

Will they close the roof - a bit of rain forecast, darker stage......?

Think I said this in another thread but the roof at Wembley does not really close, it moves enough to cover the seats but the pitch is still open so will not really make it darker, and it looks like and early start 8.15pm. Still a great venue, have seen Foo Fighters and Muse there and both were fantastic but a strict 10.30pm curfew.

Cheers
Warby

Think I said this in another thread but the roof at Wembley does not really close, it moves enough to cover the seats but the pitch is still open so will not really make it darker, and it looks like and early start 8.15pm. Still a great venue, have seen Foo Fighters and Muse there and both were fantastic but a strict 10.30pm curfew.

Cheers
Warby

10.30 :ohmy: Oh :madspit:

Friday's weather is looking ok, but Saturdays looks like rain :huh: So for us mad ones doing 2 days, we will roast alive on Friday and the fire will only be put out on Saturday :lol:

So, if it's 10.30 curfew, when will the supporting bands start. I am really keen on not missing Elbow. :hmm:

Friday is looking like great weather!

I can't believe it, just one day between now and then. My God. I remember watching the Milano show from vertigo on youtube and thinking...man, why must I wait so long until I get to see them!?

And hear I am, preparing for U2360 :drool:

Fantastic! I love reading messages like yours! It's going to be amazing at the new Wembley!

Wembley times

So, if it's 10.30 curfew, when will the supporting bands start. I am really keen on not missing Elbow. :hmm:

From the Wembley Stadium Website

Friday 14th August
Turnstiles open: 4:30pm*
The Hour: 6-6:30pm*
Elbow: 6:45-7:30pm*
U2: 8:15pm

Saturday 15th August

Turnstiles open: 4:30pm*
The Hour: 6-6:30pm*
Glasvegas: 6:45-7:30pm*
U2: 8:15pm*

*Times subject to change

Cheers
Warby

Friday is looking like great weather!

I can't believe it, just one day between now and then. My God. I remember watching the Milano show from vertigo on youtube and thinking...man, why must I wait so long until I get to see them!?

And hear I am, preparing for U2360 :drool:

Same here :hyper: I can't wait! my FIRST time at the New Stadium too! YAY :hyper:

From when I booked the tickets all that time ago to Opening night in Barcelona, I never thought we would ever get to Wembley anytime soon! and here we are!!! TWO DAYS :hyper:

If you want to be as close to the stage as possible (whether that is the best position or not is debated elsewhere) I reckon you are looking at 7/8am.

At Dublin 2 there were 600 people ahead of me when I arrived at 10.15. In Amsterdam 2 I arrived at 12.15 and there were literally thousands...

that was dublin though - a lot more out of towners and a bit more "special" show wise. we're a lot more laid back in london!
i rocked up just after 9am on vertigo and was 10th in line. people who arrived at 3pm were still able to get into the ellipse.
you only need to be in the first few hundred to get on a rail of sorts and the first few thousand to get into the pit - getting there some time in the morning should do it.

Anybody knows what times the box office opens at Wembley on show days? You'd think this would be a simple thing to find out but it's not! Have to pick up my tickets there on Friday.

^ yeh, at probably near £5 a pint :ohmy:

More like £5.50 from what I remeber at the Foo Fighters and a hot dog wss £4.50! Well they have to pay for thehuge overspend on building but the price off food and drink at Wembley is a huge rip off so be warned!

Cheers
Warby

More like £5.50 from what I remeber at the Foo Fighters and a hot dog wss £4.50! Well they have to pay for thehuge overspend on building but the price off food and drink at Wembley is a huge rip off so be warned!

Cheers
Warby

They pushed them prices to the Arena too. I got a JD& Coke for £4.50, I was like WTF? I want a GLASS not the whole bottle :crack:

I know outside the Arena they have like "Lorry" Pubs (if you know what I mean?) I don't know the prices there? They may be a bit cheaper, but then you can't take it in , but least you can have a swift one while you are waiting :wink:

002.jpg

^ I wonder how they are going to enforce the No camera bit? I am planning on taking mine, but not planning on it being taken off me :angry:

^ I wonder how they are going to enforce the No camera bit? I am planning on taking mine, but not planning on it being taken off me :angry:
I think it means more professional type equipment.Thats what it says on the Wembley site.Point and click should be ok.Judging by the footage there are plenty of cameras being used at previous gigs.

Anybody knows what times the box office opens at Wembley on show days? You'd think this would be a simple thing to find out but it's not! Have to pick up my tickets there on Friday.

OK I finally got a hold of someone at Wembley. Box Office will open at 11am on Friday and anyone who needs to pick-up their tickets should be able to get them at that time :up:

They can't possibly enforce a strict 'no cameras' policy or else they'd end up with a massive stock pile of about 90,000 cameras and no way of holding and returning them all.

They can't possibly enforce a strict 'no cameras' policy or else they'd end up with a massive stock pile of about 90,000 cameras and no way of holding and returning them all.

they won't enforce it- but god help you if you dare take a small bottle of water in with you- that will be confiscated when they do the strip search as you go through the turnstiles- Wembley has a way of making the paying customer feel like they're in a prison camp

the queue for the gold circle will probably be signed somewhere outside but don't bank on it.

The new Wembley has plenty of toilets and places selling rip off priced food & drink. Merchandise will be available outside the stadium- so you can drop it off in the car

luckily we're Red Zoning the first night so will see how it works out

:sad: Don`t think so. I`ve still got 1 more shift at work to get through............:mad:

But it will soon be friday..............48 hours they`ll be on stage :hyper:

We need someone to do a clock counting down...........:sexywink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom