August 14th at Wembley

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not got my !4th August tickets yet. Good job i'm off this week so i can sit on the PS3 and wait for the courier to arrive!!!!

Bound to turn up when i nip to the loo and will have to travel miles to pick them up!!!!

Really getting excitied now. Is anybody going out for a beer after?

I'm staying in Harrow which is 3 miles from the stadium so will walk back and visit a couple of pubs on the way (just to calm down from the gig thats all).

Thats if my tickets arrive.....

Apparently there is a U2 party at the Bootsy Brogans about a mile from the stadium after the gig.
http://www.glendola.co.uk/bootsys/bbwem.htm
Not sure if the above link will work

where abouts do u live? Are they nice tix like last tour in london? What time did u receive them?
Soz for all the questions. So excited!

I live in London, and no, they are not particularly nice tickets. I got the basic Wembley Stadium ticket - quite boring!

Wow, I can't believe tickets for these shows are just being sent out now...that's cutting it "real" close. Hope you all get them soon, must be nerve-wracking.

It's annoyingly normal in the UK. Read a few years ago about trying to cut down scalping. It makes no difference other than an inconvenience for anyone who has booked them. The closest I've run it was tickets arriving on a Thursday for a gig on the Friday.

Im going both nights & got my standing tickets for night 1 from ticketmaster today!! Sent out on Friday.

tix have arrived. They say entrance f, queue via north east stand. Am i on my own??

lol exactly! Im gunna be leaving the hotel every ten minutes to check if anyones turned up. These next few days best hurry up!

Ticket Palaver

Had a bit of a palaver receiving my tickets from Ticket Master. Apparently they use a company called DX who called me with an automated message saying that they had tried to deliver my tickets on Monday but they couldn't gain access to my house, whatever that means- I've got a doorbell and a letter box like most people. I was in all day Monday and there's no way I would have not heard the doorbell. So i called them up and they wanted to charge me £20 for a time specific re-delivery. Anyway the best they said they could do without charging me would be to deliver the tickets sometime between 9am and 5pm. I've just spent the whole day waiting and the tickets didn't arrive till half past six. Sounds like they've got a scam going trying to charge extortionate amounts of money on top of the rather heavy postage fee.

Anyway, got them now and looking forward to the 14th

Had a bit of a palaver receiving my tickets from Ticket Master. Apparently they use a company called DX who called me with an automated message saying that they had tried to deliver my tickets on Monday but they couldn't gain access to my house, whatever that means- I've got a doorbell and a letter box like most people. I was in all day Monday and there's no way I would have not heard the doorbell. So i called them up and they wanted to charge me £20 for a time specific re-delivery. Anyway the best they said they could do without charging me would be to deliver the tickets sometime between 9am and 5pm. I've just spent the whole day waiting and the tickets didn't arrive till half past six. Sounds like they've got a scam going trying to charge extortionate amounts of money on top of the rather heavy postage fee.

Anyway, got them now and looking forward to the 14th

:wave:I had exactly the same problem with City Link trying to get my new camera delivered. Left a card on monday - I organised redelivery for wed. Checked on line wed lunchtime - it stated tried delivery and no-one was in - liars - I was sitting in the front room from 8am. Anyway after many phone calls I got it delivered later that afternoon. Now playing with the settings trying to work out what is best for concerts! :hyper:

What Time Start Queuing At Wembley ON 14th?

Hi.

Could any seasoned Interferers out there advise on a good time to start Queuing at Wembley on the 14th? I've got a standing ticket and want to get as close to the stage as possible.

Cheers Guys.

Hi does anyone know how many rows are in the top tier? Cant find a stadium plan anywhere showing the number of rows - does anyone have one???

Hi.

Could any seasoned Interferers out there advise on a good time to start Queuing at Wembley on the 14th? I've got a standing ticket and want to get as close to the stage as possible.

Cheers Guys.

I'm already in line ... and it's raining a bit here ...

Hi.

Cheers Guys.

If you want to be as close to the stage as possible (whether that is the best position or not is debated elsewhere) I reckon you are looking at 7/8am.

At Dublin 2 there were 600 people ahead of me when I arrived at 10.15. In Amsterdam 2 I arrived at 12.15 and there were literally thousands...

im standing....somewhere near the spot that Saha scored the quickest ever goal in an fa cup final!......
That ones for Thelaj :)

Is anything special being organized, like flags or balloons of glow sticks of whatever? I might have missed that in all thos threads :reject:

hi guys,
I'm lucky enough to have relatives living in London. I'll be flying into Stansted on Thursday spending the day in central London, then the show on Friday and flying back home on Saturday..

Booked my train tickets today... Can't see me getting to the stadium before 3ish... hoping to still be able to get in the front circle but am guessing there will be too many before then.

Only 4 more days of work to go before 360 time. I'm sooooo excited. Have managed to dodge set lists and videos for so long.

Only 4 more days of work to go before 360 time. I'm sooooo excited. Have managed to dodge set lists and videos for so long.

Excellent! Well done that man! That's really great. You're gonna have an amazing evening. It's always soooo much better when you don't know what they're gonna play.

im standing....somewhere near the spot that Saha scored the quickest ever goal in an fa cup final!......
That ones for Thelaj :)

I'm a Red but I was cheering that goal on that day :wink:

I have seats in 523 for Saturday and GA for Friday. I don't get into Euston until about lunchtime so I am gonna hang back and take in the show from the soundboard this time.

Wembley Stadium camera/video 1day Reports

Wembley Stadium has the reputation for the toughest no camera/no video rules stadium in Europe.

Anyone that will be inside the 360° on the 1st day please
write down your report about the security conditions regarding camera/video use,
to help all of us travelling there from other countries, for the 2nd day.

What you will see on the entrances as well as inside the stadium
and how security stuff will deal with people having cameras
will be really helpfull information and could save us from huge problems.

haha!
Im sitting here in Oz waiting for my ticket on the 15th...I will be arriving in london on the 13th so am planning to go down to the stadium on the 14th and try my luck for a ticket.......

I have a spare ticket for the 14th - seated, face value £85 (no booking fee) Mike

Well my camera broke the other day so my mate will be on photo-duty, if he doesn't get it confiscated haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom