July 23, 2011 - TCF Stadium - Minneapolis, MN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That was awesome. You could hear the entire stadium do a collective "Ooooh!!" :ohmy: when that happened.

I was surprised when I looked at a minute of video I accidentally shot at one point how many lightning bolts it recorded! :ohmy:

Most of the people over by us on front rail stage left were yelling "oh, yeah? BRING IT!"

it was hilarious...

after MOS had ended, i just kept saying "don't stand up larry. don't stand up larry. don't stand up larry" and for dallas to have the OOC-guitar at the ready. but i guess not. yeah, they were all wet too and i'm sure they just wanted to go dry off. unfortunately it was probably never in the plans rain or no rain. i just really hope they don't play it in pittsburgh cause i'll never hear the end of it.

I know, right? I thought for standing there forever that they'd do it as a thank you for not leaving kind of thing, but no joy...always pisses me off that Minneapolis always only gets one freaking show (the ONLY time they've played more than one night here was JTree) yet we get people from 5 states plus the greater Winnipeg area (since they play there only sporadically).

I kinda knew we'd get what I like to call the "greatest hits set" like we're not hip enough to handle, say Magnificent...which I was really, really hoping they'd put back into the set....

^my local friend at the concert with me said Minny has a large Somali population, so it was a local reference kinda thing. Also, it seems like this Somali food scarcity is gonna be Bono's pet project for the next few months/ till it gets fixed, so of course he would plug it every chance he could.

Yes, Minnesota has the largest Somali population outside of Somalia...so the reference was not lost on many of us as locals...though I'm sure Bono called Prince to see if he wanted to play in the purple rain - though I heard he was in Europe...

To me, it makes even less sense for a U2 concert! Brewers game, yes, by all means - get smashed. But U2? You don't need alcohol to enjoy it.

Which reminds me . . . There was one guy there, maybe in his early thirties, who I swear was drunk for at least 24 hours straight. He showed up to the GA line drunk, spent the whole day drunk, was even drunker near go-time for GA entry and looked completely s**tfaced when he finally found his way into the pit. He made a spectacle/ass of himself pretty much all day. He probably had no idea where he was when the band actually came on.

OH! I remember this wanker! We were fairly far up front in the GA line and he kept walking through like he was looking to see how far he could sneak up...yeah right. Nice try, dude.

Some of my highlights (and kramwest - you need to add a new tag to this thread 'edge guitar fail')

For the Adam girls:
360-Minneapolis-44-X2.jpg

360-Minneapolis-45-X2.jpg

360-Minneapolis-46-X2.jpg

And this is why I love you... :applaud: You got some good ones, girl!!

xoxo

Bono and Adam (unfortunately wearing a shirt)
360-Minneapolis-53-X2.jpg

LOL! Right?! It's okay, I've got plenty of shirtless Adam pics - risked my iPhone to get them too...

All four of them are in this shot, but Edge is going incognito... YOU ARE FIRED EDGE'S SPOTLIGHT GUY.
360-Minneapolis-69-X2.jpg

That's because it was ADAM'S TURN, damn it! :wave: Give the bass player a little time in the light, will ya?! hehehehe

- MsMc...the original poptart

I don't know why the band thinks the majority of their fan base is 30+ to 40+, but yeah, youth is a currency when it's a perceived rarity, like at a U2 concert. Use your youth wisely for the boys, my friend!

And this is why some of us bring our kids - we're ensuring the next generation of U2 fans...Lily's friends were all upset that she didn't bring t-shirts for them all from the show - and they're all 14!

I think I can consider myself a successful parent if I let my child into the world with excellent musical taste! :wave:

:wink: we have the written documentation now. pity about the shortage of video documentation cos of the rain :D

although the rain was what transpired/inspired the shirt taking-offing

No, for the record, what inspired the taking off of the shirt was my girl-friend who made the sign asking him to...

To give credit where credit is due, if you don't mind...

So major props to one miss Fuzzmeister of U2.com. :wave:

I have documentation of Adam's state of undressed:

<snip>

He took off the shirt for (Scarlet &)Walk On, which followed SBS. This was at the end of the main set. I remember him raising both arms about 135 degrees from his torso to wave at the end of the main set. His armpit hair was sparse and grey.

Okay, first of all...um, really? that's a rather odd thing to make comment on, because it's a little "creeper-ish" (as my 14 year old would say).

And second, those of us who really, really love and appreciate him, know that he's silver, not grey.

MsMc - the original Poptart

Haha, look at us reliving this old thread still!

Yeah, I was trying to look for vids on youtube, but somehow I could not connect the songs to when he was shirtless. The whole concert was just an amazing flurry of sound and sight to me!

Why, was my angle of elevation overkill? But yeah, you're right. I always say he has silver hair, so :doh:

:D

On hindsight, I would retract the armpit hair comment if I could. I'm glad Adam doesn't know what some of his fans (points to self) think about at the shows.

Well, moving on...

great rain huh? :lol:

Doing my part to keep this thread alive.

Someone in Minnesota won Powerball last night. Anyone from this thread? :)

I had never seen a video from that angle before. It was cool to see everybody on the rail go nuts.

Although it kills me when the guy shifts to Edge just as Bono is about to start his Discoteque snippet. Not sure what they were thinking.

Someone in Minnesota won Powerball last night. Anyone from this thread? :)

my dad and brother both by tickets for each drawing. I patiently waited all day long for a hysterical phone call from one of them but unfortunately neither called :sigh:

Damn. I'm ready to retire. :sigh:

:)

Talking about talking, DRay, I really love your Denver vid of Zooropa! It's the gold standard for me as I have not heard zooropa before this I went to 360:reject:

Tell us more about how you filmed that. Zooropa was a surprise for this leg, and Denver was the leg opener. So you weren't expecting Zooropa, right? But your filming was so professional! You captured the expanded screen and the suit of lights in their glorious entirety! How did you hide your own surprise at Zooropa so well?

my dad and brother both by tickets for each drawing. I patiently waited all day long for a hysterical phone call from one of them but unfortunately neither called :sigh:

Damn. I'm ready to retire. :sigh:

But... but... think of the cake balls, they need you!!! :ohmy:

:wink: sorry.

If y'all like to see a waving exodus, check out this MW from Chicago 2011 (which I know many of us were at :) )

U2 Mysterious Ways Live 2011 - YouTube waving at 2:37 mark

Beautiful. Show this to people who can't understand how energetic a U2 concert is. Or those who can't imagine the power of Bono's rock stariness.

I need to lose my inhibitions to MW live again:heart:

Out of the five tours I have seen them now, this is by far my favorite! Still have not come down from the high, enjoyed every wet minute! For my first GA, turned out to be fantastic, something I will never forget.DD's loved it as much as we did, the youngest is now totally hooked on them.. :) Now just waiting for the next tour, hoping that some audio shows up soon....

hand0lotion said:
Talking about talking, DRay, I really love your Denver vid of Zooropa! It's the gold standard for me as I have not heard zooropa before this I went to 360:reject:

Tell us more about how you filmed that. Zooropa was a surprise for this leg, and Denver was the leg opener. So you weren't expecting Zooropa, right? But your filming was so professional! You captured the expanded screen and the suit of lights in their glorious entirety! How did you hide your own surprise at Zooropa so well?

Thank you so much for the nice words on the video :)

I knew they were going to play it from following the South America and Mexico shows. I was also outside invesco the night before when they did the special show.

From outside the rail, i knew I'd be doing the screen up until they cut the lights down and I could zoom in. I actually like my Anaheim Zooropa better because I was right in the center on the outer rail and the screen didn't block my shot of Bono as much.

I'm not much of a yeller/screamer at concerts anyway, so it's pretty easy for me to keep quiet when I have my camera. The only exception was the 2nd night in Auckland when they played HMTMKMKM. I let out a big YAAAAH! for that :)

Back
Top Bottom