Without the 1st decade's songs of U2's career...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hasin73

Refugee
We have such songs....

Please
Discotheque
Kite
Vertigo
Beautiful Day
Stay
Mofo
Walk On
In a little while
SYCMIOYO
Stuck in a moment
Dirty Day
Last night on Earth
New York
HMTMKMKM
Elevation
Gone

There are 17 songs mentioned above that were played very successfully live. Add to them 2 of U2's greatest album, AB and NLOTH, you will find
perfect setlist for the upcoming concert. No need for including the older songs
and we still get a great live U2 show that will seem much more refreshing.

What's your opinion, friends?

To Kingofsorrow,

Drowning Man is U2's 1st decade's song. So, it does not come into equation, my friend.

To Outsider,

Acrobat and UTEOTW are from AB and as such they are incuded in my setlist, my friend.

I'm fine with them ditching their 80s stuff, the 90's had so much incredable stuff from them and they don't play it as much, I wanna hear more Pop and Zooropa, would be nice if they played some B-Sides too (Salome/Spinning Head/Happiness Warm Gun/Pop music etc....). I think the 90s stuff fits better with the new 360 stage setup...more futuristic sounds anyway.

...it would be a pretty lame, even shameful setlist IMO, because you deny a huge part of U2's identity s artists. Of course you find enough nice tunes to play a set, but you lose so much more. That said, I really do hope for U2 playing not only the old Greatest Hits, they have performed on every tour so far, but continue to dust off sadly too long forgeotten gems like "The Unforgettable Fire", "A Sort Of Homecoming", ""Spanish Eyes" or even "God Part II".

But to continue this thread, I'd count on/wish for the following, in chronological order:

1. Get On Your Boots
2. Magnificent
3. Breathe
4. Crazy Tonight
5. NLOTH track
6. NLOTH track
7. Window In The Skies
8. Wave Of Sorrow :wink:
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
10. City Of Blinding Lights
11. Vertigo
12. Beautiful Day