"I'll Go Crazy..." as a closer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Listening to this song last night kind of prompted me to think of this as a potential closer... it kind of has a "goodbye" feel to it, but also sends everyone off with a high... I can picture Bono singing passionately "But I know I'll go crazy if I don't go crazy tonight!"

The guitar work is a little bit like Walk On, but I think this song is a potential closer... thoughts?

I see it as an early-to-mid main set song. Not at all a closer.

Not a chance. So far, Unknown Caller sounds most like a closer to me. It could be because the ending reminds me so much of the 2006 versions of Kite.

I still say NLOTH. I can just see everyone chanting 'No! Line!' over and over on their way out.

It would be a better opener than a closer, setting the scene to have some fun that night. Yes it's a little too slick, but it would work.

I see it as an early-to-mid main set song. Not at all a closer.

Agree with this here.

Totally unrelated to where I want this in the setlist(right near Beautiful Day), is that when listening to this song, i get the feeling that this could be U2's career finale, good bye single release after the last album. Dont ask me why, but it kind of has that "passing the torch" of their music, message and work to the next generation feel.

Back
Top Bottom