Hopes for Leg 4 and Beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Me too! Although I wish they played more of it before Stingray started. When they were starting with Soon, more of Space Oddity would play first.

I want to sing more of Bowie and let that excitement build a bit longer.

Me too! Although I wish they played more of it before Stingray started. When they were starting with Soon, more of Space Oddity would play first.

I want to sing more of Bowie and let that excitement build a bit longer.

I think they played the whole song in Gelsenkirchen, and in a few other places.

My opinion - It's going to stay for the rest of the tour. It really fits the theme to 360, I can't see any other song that they can walk on to.

oh and I'm kind of looking forward to a nice little version of MLK (if they play it in Aus) but it's kind of ruined by the Aung San Suu Kyi business, which I know is a good cause but didn't someone say she was released or something? I think MLK is a good segue to a lot of songs, just don't make it walk on :sexywink:

But as dan smee said I don't care if they play walk on again and again, as long as I'm there so i'll stop whinging now, i've got absolutely no right to whinge..:reject:

Only 2 weeks until NZ... when do you think rehearsal will kick off? will t be public? Any Aucklanders know anything about when the claw is being built?

One Tree Hill instead of Walk On now that Aung San Suu Kyi is freed. I think it fits nicely in that spot. :up:

I think they'll keep it in but use it more of a celebration of her release, with new visuals.

Exactly what I was thinking. Why drop it now? Then again, they've already dropped songs on this tour without any reason. :lol:

If they don't drop it on the Oceania leg then hopefully they will next year. What's the point of the Walk On protest if she's been freed? Just replace it with One Tree Hill or Please.

If they don't drop it on the Oceania leg then hopefully they will next year. What's the point of the Walk On protest if she's been freed? Just replace it with One Tree Hill or Please.

I think Walk On is more universal than just about Aung San Suu Kyi. I mean, they also still play New Year's Day and Sunday Bloody Sunday, though the events directly associated with those songs are over. OK, peace in Ireland is still fragile, but the emphasis is now not on the Irish situation, but on oppression in general.
I think Walk On too will be more about persistence in adverse situation and a support for Amnesty International than specifically about Aung San Suu Kyi. On the last Euro leg, the volunteers were already carrying Amnesty International 'candles' on the stage instead of the masks.

BTW, I find it ironic that, instead of Walk On, you suggest Please. That's another song specific to a situation (peace in Ireland) that is not current anymore. So what's the point of playing it again? :)

BTW, I find it ironic that, instead of Walk On, you suggest Please. That's another song specific to a situation (peace in Ireland) that is not current anymore. So what's the point of playing it again?

I think Walk On has hit its stride on this tour. We got the message. The whole point of the song this tour was Aung San Su Kyi's incarceration.

I know Please is a message song too. But we haven't heard it live since Popmart. I think it deserves to be played again.

I'm OUT OF CONTROL! :wink::up:

Also I would like them to play their famous song 'With or Without You' that has been on a long hiatus. Maybe replace the song just before Moment of Surrender (assuming the set remains that way). I feel a bad fan not knowing that song.:reject: :lol:

gosh darnit
that's hilarious

comedy gold

really

I still hope for Rejoice
but it most likely not happen

They need to bring back Where The Streets Have No Name. It's been too long. Fuck your Pride, Bono, tell us where the Streets have no name for god's sake!!

Guys, guys, guys...how can you be recommending Beautiful Day and One when they haven't played IALW in ages?

Ok, this is possibly the least funny thing I've seen on Interference. One song maybe, yeah haha, but stop repeating the same joke like it is fresh and in any way interesting. This is worse than the puns.

Ok, this is possibly the least funny thing I've seen on Interference. One song maybe, yeah haha, but stop repeating the same joke like it is fresh and in any way interesting. This is worse than the puns.

:up::up:

Sometimes this place is beyond lame.

So who thinks they'll be debuting brand new, never before heard songs live?

We are inside 10 days, surely there is more to talk about than the same stupid joke repeated over and over!!!

Back
Top Bottom