Bring back Ultraviolet!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can see a snippet stemming from Crazy Tonight :up:

but I don't think we'll see a full-fledged outing this time.

THAT particular video is godlike!
I've seen it over and over again, and I never get tired of that tune!
The guitar.. :love: Bono singing :love: Edge singing :love:
Mhmmm.... :drool:

(Reading this thread makes me wonder if the whole crowd at a concert would faint, since they could all easily be ultra violet fans! There's appearently alot of them!)

OooooOOh! Ultra Violeeeeeet!

i've said this before every tour since ZOOTV!! one of my all time favourites ever. check out the dublin 93 performance of it (the last time it was ever played) absolutely EPIC!

i sometimes wonder if bono could still manage to sing it these days? but after hearing some of his vocals on NLOTH i reckon he prob could.

Guys throw your support behind ultraviolet now on u2.com for the song you want to bring back most on the tour!

Sorry, whilst I'd love to see Ultra Violet, I opted to support Mofo on U2.com!! :up:

After reviewing the videos I truthfully think that Ultraviolet shouldn't be played again.

Bono's voice can't hit those notes that he used to hit and those are the notes that made the song. He sounds like an old man who hasn't had water in 50 years when he tried to hit those notes :shrug:

After reviewing the videos I truthfully think that Ultraviolet shouldn't be played again.

Bono's voice can't hit those notes that he used to hit and those are the notes that made the song. He sounds like an old man who hasn't had water in 50 years when he tried to hit those notes :shrug:

Huh? If anything, he sounds better on this song now then he did then. I miss the falsetto during the chorus, but still... that's just the new arrangement. He sang the hell of this song tonight and it's a privilege to hear.

Huh? If anything, he sounds better on this song now then he did then. I miss the falsetto during the chorus, but still... that's just the new arrangement. He sang the hell of this song tonight and it's a privilege to hear.

I thought it sounded amazing, and the strength of his voice was the best part.

What sucked was how they got out of sync at the end there, whether that was planned or not. Fix the arrangement a bit, then :up:

good version. shame that edge "forgot" how to play the incredibly simple but stunning bridge of "I remember etc"

Glad they play this though. Drop that ridiculous "steeringwheel" and this will be one of the highpoints!

i thought this song was good on this night...he really hates the microphone though right? :wink:

Ultraviolet...great Bono vocal:drool:

Wonder what Axver's thoughts are though....:D

I just about fell of my chair when mid way through Bono changed up to another gear. Amazing.

Me too, awesome, I listened to the Zoo Tv version (dublin) on my way to work this morning, and they've brought it totally up to date. Fabulous performance

I liked everything about that performance. I just miss the falsetto during the chorus. That's like the best part of the song and they left it out! If Bono can do TUF and WOWY ones why would he not at least try to do the UV ones.

Also, the wii wheel mic is awesome and I love that Bono looked like he was having so much fun just playing around on it. Totally epic monkey action.

From what I've seen of the Youtube clips, Ultraviolet appeared to be the best performance of the night.

yep. have to agree. it was one of the most intense performances of the night. rescued the set for me after listening to that "rendition" of one

I've concluded that you have bizarro ears.

After reviewing the videos I truthfully think Bono hasn't sounded that good in well over a decade. He hit those high notes full on, no falsetto or half yell/fade out of them, either. As others said, he sang the hell out of that song. :up:

After reviewing the videos I truthfully think Bono hasn't sounded that good in well over a decade. He hit those high notes full on, no falsetto or half yell/fade out of them, either. As others said, he sang the hell out of that song. :up:

100% mate :up::up::up::up::up::up::applaud:

good version. shame that edge "forgot" how to play the incredibly simple but stunning bridge of "I remember etc"

Glad they play this though. Drop that ridiculous "steeringwheel" and this will be one of the highpoints!

maybe you should call The Edge and school him on that "stunning bridge"
that he forgot.:wink:

and i like the steering wheel,i think Bono should fly up to the top of the screen to sing Ultraviolet.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom