Boy Falls From The Sky!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This just made my month!!!! The end of this song is all that is right in the world!

A single scrap of dignity, in the junkyard of humanity!!

Honestly, upon hearing this song - played live by U2, the RIGHT BAND FOR THIS SONG - I immediately think of Spiderman. Seriously, that main guitar riff just says Spiderman to me!!! Even if this song wasn't written for the play, I would still associate it with Spiderman.

I LOVE THIS SONG SO DAMN MUCH I WANT TO CRY :hyper: :sad: :hyper: :drool:

Honestly, upon hearing this song - played live by U2, the RIGHT BAND FOR THIS SONG - I immediately think of Spiderman. Seriously, that main guitar riff just says Spiderman to me!!! Even if this song wasn't written for the play, I would still associate it with Spiderman.

I LOVE THIS SONG SO DAMN MUCH I WANT TO CRY :hyper: :sad: :hyper: :drool:

It pretty much made me cry last night when we had the feed.

You know what would be an awesome encore? HMTM... > BFFTS > MOS.
I'd add in UV as well, but that would just be getting greedy.

spider-pig-u2.jpg

:lmao:

:heart:I was there yesterday. This song is amazing live.

Oh wow ~ that would have been amazing :up:

<----- it is indeed a glorious glorious piece of music and from the clips floating round here and on the net, the band really sounds like they adore playing it :heart: . . . this and EBW are my faves :heart:

I was outside of the stadium in the queue and I started to listen to the first notes of the verse... and I was like «WTF? They're rehearsing this? Please play this tonight!»

And they did! It was awesome!! Miles better than that version played on tv by the other folks a few weeks ago. Better than "Mercy" and "Glastonbury" together. I only complain for it sounding too much like "Dirty Day"... But I can forgive and forget that.

The problem is that the public was there only for the hits (even in UTEOTW the reception was colder) and they just stood, stared and waited for the next new song.

Where I was staying, I was the only one vibrating and singing the lyrics I remembered... :|

Great song, it's rare for u2 to play a song so well the first time they play it. I mean, Edge gets a couple of chords wrong, but they really get to the soul of the song, particularly at the end. It helps that Bono is in amazing voice.

This song really shows off Bono's voice. Not only how much it has changed since the 80's, but it shows off that he can still sing damn good.

When I heard the first 30 seconds of this, I went "OH SH*T, ALL-TIME CLASSIC!!" :hyper:

I wish I could say I felt as much excitement at the end as I did at the start!

But there's no doubt, with some fine tuning, this HAS the makings of an all-time classic.

Larry & Adam are kickin ass and don't need to change anything, but 1 thing occurred to me that Edge could do and Bono, a couple things!

I think Edge needs to build more of a crescendo as the last verse progresses - I'm reminded here of the Popmart ending he created for Last night on Earth, or Electrical Storm's type of finish.

And Bono I think needs to look at the oh-ohs between the 1st and 2nd verses, unfortunately they do take from the song, where for example a lyric would not. The boys could also just go straight from the 1st verse into the 2nd. And I really feel for the lines

"if I knew who I’d become"
"too close to the sun"
"even get that right"
"thread to cross the sky"

and especially the last line
"And you believe"

Bono would have WAY more effect if he HELD the final note, and belted it out, because this song wants to be a hard rock song. Varying the notes at the end is somehow, I dunno, too playful for this particular song. Otherwise his singing here is awesome.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest! This song really does have the makings of a masterpiece - they're close, really close! :applaud:

Let's realize that they have only played the song live once. And even then it was absolutely fantastic.

It can only get better from here as they work at fine-tuning it. :drool:

Let's realize that they have only played the song live once. And even then it was absolutely fantastic.

It can only get better from here as they work at fine-tuning it. :drool:

Exactly!

Nice to see Larry smashing some drums on a song that I was led to believe that he was going to have no part of.

Boy Falls From The Sky = I literally fell to the ground during the setlist party. Such an amazing song. Sounds very U2-ish, and also very good for being in the Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark musical. Bono's vocals are great and Edge's guitar is just fantastic. Great job U2!

"It's a funny thing writing some songs and puttin out a record while you're still on tour -

It's another thing... tryna play the f*ckin things

This is the 2nd of 2... for my friend Wim"

mmm they've come a long way since 1993.

The similarities between this tour and ZooTV are uncanny :D
Over-the-top stage that redefines what a rock tour can be? Check. Crazy, heavily distorted rockers (Glastonbury, Stingray, and, now, BFFTS)? Check. Experiments with electronica (CT remix and possibly EBW)? Check.

All they need now is to get back their sense of irony (seriously, what happened to that, guys?) With that in place, U2 360 would, essentially, be a spiritual successor to the shows of the '90s.

EDIT: About that...Has any U2 tour changed quite as much as 360 has? It started off promoting NLOTH with no clear theme, and now it's themed around space and communication and it's promoting albums that don't yet exist.

Over-the-top stage that redefines what a rock tour can be? Check. Crazy, heavily distorted rockers (Glastonbury, Stingray, and, now, BFFTS)? Check. Experiments with electronica (CT remix and possibly EBW)? Check.

All they need now is to get back their sense of irony (seriously, what happened to that, guys?) With that in place, U2 360 would, essentially, be a spiritual successor to the shows of the '90s.

Add these and it would be even better:
-The Fly (Bono's persona)
-Lemon (rotate this with HMTMKMKM and then play UV right after)
-Pyrotechnics :wink:
-Dirty Day

Given that no one in the audience knew "Breathe", and they still opened with it, would this work between Stingray and Beautiful Day? I think so...

I was outside of the stadium in the queue and I started to listen to the first notes of the verse... and I was like «WTF? They're rehearsing this? Please play this tonight!»

And they did! It was awesome!! Miles better than that version played on tv by the other folks a few weeks ago. Better than "Mercy" and "Glastonbury" together. I only complain for it sounding too much like "Dirty Day"... But I can forgive and forget that.

The problem is that the public was there only for the hits (even in UTEOTW the reception was colder) and they just stood, stared and waited for the next new song.

Where I was staying, I was the only one vibrating and singing the lyrics I remembered... :|

I noticed that too. When I heard the riff of UTEOTW I began jumping :hyper: but the people around me didn't seem to recognize the song :| :down:
Even the reception for Ultraviolet was cold. One of the highlights of the concert IMO.

Way better than Glastonbury or North Star but I still think Every Breaking Wave is a better song. That oh oh oh oh oh break has to be scrapped...then it could be great!

Bleh..I liked the original simple-edge-solo from the beach clips way more. Sounds a bit messy, especially the ending.

Add these and it would be even better:
-The Fly (Bono's persona)
-Lemon (rotate this with HMTMKMKM and then play UV right after)
-Pyrotechnics :wink:
-Dirty Day
Yes, YES, no, yes.

Given that no one in the audience knew "Breathe", and they still opened with it, would this work between Stingray and Beautiful Day? I think so...
That could be really, really cool...Also, if Turn Off The Dark is a hit, this would be even more likely, since people would know the song.

Back
Top Bottom