"Big **** up during Magnificent but Bono saved it" - U2log - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Set Lists & Songs
Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2009, 09:43 AM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 01:37 AM
"Big **** up during Magnificent but Bono saved it" - U2log

I've just watched the video of Magnificent from last night - where exactly is this alleged incident? Sounded fine to me... Maybe it was incredibly subtle but I doubt they'd be calling it a "big **** up" if it was something small...

Or maybe it was the night before last?

Old 07-13-2009, 10:42 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:37 AM
Sound is terrible, maybe from 2.26 till 2.37 ??

Old 07-13-2009, 11:26 AM   #3
The Fly

Local Time: 03:37 AM
I think it's at the beginning of the video, arround 0:45, he was supposed to sing "I was born..." and he sang "Justify till we die..."

I don't think it was that bad, but it was funny! When Bono realised his mistakes he almost started to laugh!
A guy in front of me was horrified!
Old 07-13-2009, 11:46 AM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

I thought someone else in the band f***ed up and Bono saved the song.

Instead the song was f***ed up and saved by Bono at the same time. Hilarious.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:01 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:37 PM
Can someone PLEASE 'splain to me the shirt that Adam is wearing? WTF is w/ those collors
Old 07-13-2009, 02:42 PM   #6
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YBORCITYOBL View Post
Can someone PLEASE 'splain to me the shirt that Adam is wearing? WTF is w/ those collors
Sorry, but that shirt has no explanation. I just can't believe the band didn't mention to him that the shirt is horrendous.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:48 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Could you imagine him taking a page out of the Eighties and actually flipping up those collors?

he'd look like Count Chocula
Old 07-13-2009, 07:35 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:37 PM
I'm starting to wonder what Bono's problem is. He messes up lyrics in like half the songs now. He will forget verses, do them out of order, or just make up words as he goes along. Is he losing his memory or something? I mean, I'm sure he's goofed up on songs before, but it seems to be every night now. At least much more often than it ever appeared to happen before. I just finished a Walk On video (from the same concert I think) where he messes up too. Add him reading the Stuck lyrics off the floor. Maybe he's getting Alzheimer's
Old 07-13-2009, 07:36 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlhere View Post
I'm starting to wonder what Bono's problem is. He messes up lyrics in like half the songs now. He will forget verses, do them out of order, or just make up words as he goes along. Is he losing his memory or something? I mean, I'm sure he's goofed up on songs before, but it seems to be every night now. At least much more often than it ever appeared to happen before. I just finished a Walk On video (from the same concert I think) where he messes up too. Add him reading the Stuck lyrics off the floor. Maybe he's getting Alzheimer's
lol. i wouldn't worry. the B man has always had issues remembering lyrics. nothing new.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:47 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:37 PM
Quote:
Yeah, he's definitely been rockier than usual. His voice has been mind-blowingly good though (Ultraviolet night 1 in Barcelona, etc.). He's almost 50, though! Definitely having his share of "senior moments"

I think he was peeking at a teleprompter for the words to "Stuck In a Moment" the other night, judging from the YouTube clip I watched. Hopefully it doesn't have to become a crutch for him. Study harder, Bono!
Old 07-13-2009, 07:52 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
I expect to see him on the cover of AARP soon.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:58 PM   #12
Refugee

Quote:
I expect to see him on the cover of AARP soon.

lol and i am the same age as he, I will be right then with him i cant remember much either from one day to the next,lol my poor family, oh well i guess you will have when the years tick by, wish they would slow down though.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:39 AM   #13
Refugee

I'm going to blame Adams shirt...its far too distracting...
Old 07-14-2009, 03:42 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick View Post
I've just watched the video of Magnificent from last night - where exactly is this alleged incident? Sounded fine to me... Maybe it was incredibly subtle but I doubt they'd be calling it a "big **** up" if it was something small...

Or maybe it was the night before last?
you really do not hear this?? (0.55 min)
cool....

Strange to hear Bono mess up more than he allready did on the last tours and also new songs but his voice is in great shape so I am not complaining. he is just getting old..
Old 07-14-2009, 04:09 PM   #15
War Child

Quote:
You still have to remember its early in the tour, there still not at there best, and with alot of tweaking in the setlist, its bound to be a little complicated at times
Old 07-15-2009, 03:15 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zwervers2 View Post
cool....

Strange to hear Bono mess up more than he allready did on the last tours and also new songs but his voice is in great shape so I am not complaining. he is just getting old..

It has nothing to do with getting old...that makes no sense...he's not doing anything that unusual...it's not "he is just getting old"...it's more like "he is just being Bono"
Old 07-15-2009, 06:33 AM   #17
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zwervers2 View Post
cool....

I have to wonder is some of you ever even follow other musicians or bands remotely closely outside of U2? Some of you act like you've never seen this type of thing. Maybe because I play and see live music all the time I'm aware, but you are all music lovers I would think you see a lot of live music, no? A thousand things can distract you during a show, a new stage, crew trying to tell you something, a fan is screaming something at you, a technical difficulty, whatever you name it and you have to tune it out pay attention to the band, sing, and try and entertain the audience all at the same time... and if you're a little ADD like I am, that's no easy task. I flub lyrics all the time, Vedder flubs lyrics all the time(why do you think he "mumbles" so much? So he can cover it up), I just saw a good friend of mine over the weekend who's been touring one album over a year flub a song she's probably played over 200 times this year, she messed up the intro and jokingly said "you'd think I would know this one by now I'm asked to play it every damn place I go."

It's not a mechanical act.

NBA players still miss free throws.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:54 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
I have to wonder is some of you ever even follow other musicians or bands remotely closely outside of U2? Some of you act like you've never seen this type of thing. Maybe because I play and see live music all the time I'm aware, but you are all music lovers I would think you see a lot of live music, no? A thousand things can distract you during a show, a new stage, crew trying to tell you something, a fan is screaming something at you, a technical difficulty, whatever you name it and you have to tune it out pay attention to the band, sing, and try and entertain the audience all at the same time... and if you're a little ADD like I am, that's no easy task. I flub lyrics all the time, Vedder flubs lyrics all the time(why do you think he "mumbles" so much? So he can cover it up), I just saw a good friend of mine over the weekend who's been touring one album over a year flub a song she's probably played over 200 times this year, she messed up the intro and jokingly said "you'd think I would know this one by now I'm asked to play it every damn place I go."

It's not a mechanical act.

NBA players still miss free throws.
I had to laugh about the "follow other musicians "part.
I had to laugh even harder about the NBA comparrison. Throwing a ball in a net seems a little bit harder than hitting an A chord. Just a bit, but still.
(The funny thing is: I played basketball for a while and I play guitar now for more than 20 years)

The thing is, with U2 it allways sounds so silly when they fuck up. It's not like the songs are difficult or anything and they sound just....really amateurlike. I love it that they mess up sometimes, but Bono and esp. Edge are NOT on fire thusfar. Is that a problem with global impact? No. Is it something worth debating? questionable. Do I notice? hell yeah

Can not wait for Dublin city
Old 07-15-2009, 02:56 PM   #19
Babyface

you people have no life discussing stuff like that.
now I feel like I used to have life but I don't anymore as a result of reading the whole freakin' topic since I'm so amazed by each one of you acting like some "things nobody gives a shit about" experts hahaha
Old 07-15-2009, 03:17 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2galaxy View Post
you people have no life discussing stuff like that.
now I feel like I used to have life but I don't anymore as a result of reading the whole freakin' topic since I'm so amazed by each one of you acting like some "things nobody gives a shit about" experts hahaha
yeah, that 10 minutes a day on interference really is too much
let's see if I can make it 5 because you are right. Goodnight, of to a party now

Tags
magnificent