Auckland Rehearsals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting to have Scarlet as the segue into Walk On. Nice to see it surface, and I wasn't a big fan of having MLK as the segue anyway.

Morning everyone.:wave: Now just over 14 hours to the concert.:hyper:

Great rehearsal last night and I got to see The Edge leaving in the golf cart.

Disappointed to hear from others that Jay-z was rapping in some of U2 songs.

Now I am sitting at home waiting until hubby finishes, I know I will hardly get anything done.

I'm holding back Vomit. Seriously, Jay-Z gets his 45 minutes and can leave as far as I'm concerned. Might as well call Mary J Blige in as well....

Sorry, I don't want to sound close minded and negative... but I paid to see U2...and not to have one of their songs ruined with a rap going down in the background.

From the looks of your tour schedule, your experience is going to be ruined at minimum 6 and possibly 12 times. Sell! Sell now! ;)

ETA: Thanks Khan and Ian for the updates, just catching up....UV???!!!!!!!! :hyper: And yeppers, Jay-Z is going to be amazing..even if Scarlet's an odd kind of choice!!

so so so so so so sooooooooooo excited for you :hyper: :happydance:

just caught up on the last 15 or so pages :crack:

awesome :up: thank you so much for being so fabbity

looks like we may get a few suprises which will keep things interesting :up:

have a blast peoples and fingers crossed real life won't get in the way of ze setlist party tonight :wave:

Good to see BFFTS, OTH, and UV otherwise....:|

Holding out some very slight hope for TUF. Its a crime it'll be MIA.

I'll really be happy if and when Hold Me Thrill Me returns.

IALW

ohhhhhhhhhhhh god no

But seriously, as long as One Tree Hill makes an absolutely amazing appearance (which it will) I'm fine with any other song being played.
But I still think Mothers of the Disappeared is a better segue into Walk On.

Also, how can Bono justify keeping IALW and MS in the set while removing TUF and The Discotheque Snippet!

Holding out some very slight hope for TUF. Its a crime it'll be MIA.

:scream: who says :grumpy: . . . I can't tell you how much I hope this is not true; there are many songs I'm longing to hear but this one, well, :combust: it's been toooooooooooooo long since it was played down here

EDIT

and as for IALW :sigh: . . . I won't exactly be sticking my fingers in my ears but I'm not entirely sure I'll be smiling either

No Elevation rehearsals yet but there's no doubt they'll play it.

Elevation and IALW stay yet no TUF, Disco snippet, etc. = :huh:

Scarlet sounds pretty good. I think it's pretty cool they even remembered that song.

Hah.

Like they have to rehearse Elevation. That's one of their most overplayed live songs, in my opinion. Now, I'm not complaining, mind you, I still think the song is one of the most fun to be in the live audience for, but it's just that they play it way too much.

The rehearsal of Scarlet sounds beautiful. I hope they do it.

I'm just thrilled they remember they made an album called October :heart:

Hooooooooooooly shit at the prospect of a Jay-Z remix of Scarlet. Biggest curveball ever?

I'll be honest, to me Scarlet sounds quite messy at the moment, but I'm sure its just the rough feed. Also, why does Bono have to do the whole 'talk-to-the-crowd' thing during rehearsals?!?! Can't anything be improvised???

Maybe they're trying to figure out if that sort of thing is going to work out with that song? :shrug:

I mean, like a longer and thought out speech as opposed to random chit chat.

Scarlet sounds fantastic. :heart:

Have fun those going to the show (might not stay up until 2 AM anytime in the next month) it's going to be some great shows. Hoping for the return of UF someday. :wave:

Boy Falls From The Sky is such a damn good song. And it sounds even better now than it did a couple of months ago.

Finally something from October! :love: Such a great album.

Setlist looks largely unchanged as I expected but there is always a chance for surprises. Besides, most of what they were playing last leg was awesome, so I don't mind a lot of the songs returning. (though im crossing my fingers for the death of Snoreth Star and Miss Snorejevo)

thank you khan & ian for the vids!:hyper: UV is sounding great. Scarlet.pretty damn good and yeah, I think works with Walk On.

will listen to BFFTS & OTH later...... extend the fun :D

I checked time & date site to adjust to NZ time VS Aussie time.... DashBoeard only had Wellington...but I see Aukland is same time zone. WOW 18 hrs ahead from the USA East Coast
Now I have to figure out concert satrt 4 here. :lol:

:hmm:

it is now almost 10:30 AM /Thurs where you all are in NZ

u2 goes on lets say 9:30PM ( maybe earlier) that is 11 hrs from now .

that seems to be 3:30AMUSA East Coast time.
oh darn i could at least catch the very start except but I'm getting up ealier to catch a train outof town for TG day - can't oversleep so I'l have to be asleep boefore then!
ah well I'll catch vids later :hyper::D

quotepost

IALW

ohhhhhhhhhhhh god no

But seriously, as long as One Tree Hill makes an absolutely amazing appearance (which it will) I'm fine with any other song being played.
But I still think Mothers of the Disappeared is a better segue into Walk On.

Also, how can Bono justify keeping IALW and MS in the set while removing TUF and The Discotheque Snippet!
So truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue
Has there been video/audio of OTH yet? Because I NEED it

Back
Top Bottom