You know you've been in too many GA lines when...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
I thought I'd start a sort of list (only to have fun!)

You go to the DMV, take a number, and ask the person sitting next to you "So which side are you running to? Edge or Adam?"

You pack lightly, and by lightly I mean an umbrella, sunscreen, lawn chair, a 24 pack of water, an iPod with a stereo system, snacks.

You know EVERY song played over the PA before the band takes the stage and sing it LOUD!

You find yourself sitting around at 10 am when not at a concert, contemplating drinking this early...

Feel free to share!

I thought I'd start a sort of list (only to have fun!)

You go to the DMV, take a number, and ask the person sitting next to you "So which side are you running to? Edge or Adam?"

You pack lightly, and by lightly I mean an umbrella, sunscreen, lawn chair, a 24 pack of water, an iPod with a stereo system, snacks.

You know EVERY song played over the PA before the band takes the stage and sing it LOUD!

You find yourself sitting around at 10 am when not at a concert, contemplating drinking this early...

Feel free to share!

OK - I have always played it safe at concerts and always done an actual seat. While it gurantees me an actual spot without fighting and pushing, it also restricts how close to the band I can get.

I did RZ for the concert in Toronto a couple of wks ago and was SOOOOO blown away by how close. But that was a controlled Red Zone experience. What is truly like in the GA close to the stage? It looks rammed like sardines?!

Then I speak to some others and they say if you go GA then stay back because the show U get is sooooo different because U can see everything!!

I am just curious.

It varies from venue to venue - some places are really crammed pack to the point of discomfort, others report that the pit has been more comfortable. I've been on the outer rail once, and didn't really experience pushing. People behind me were bumping into me, but that's what happens.

I'm one of the ones usually promoting going farther back, because you can see the whole stage. It's usually pretty tightly packed about halfway back on the floor, and then farther back than that, there's usually more room.

That can vary as well, though - from my seats in Minneapolis, I was amazed at how packed almost the entire floor was - I think it was because the floor space was just less at that stadium.

....you get to the end of the line at the movies and wonder where the person with the marker giving out the numbers is.....

....same line up as above, you wonder why it doesn't compact very regularly....

....waiting in line at the ATM you start contemplating inner rail or soundboard....

you recognize everybody.

also when you think you're entitled to be at the front of the line just because you've been to a shit load of shows and you're friends with the people who live on the front rail. I'm not naming names, but there sure was a lot of this going on in Pittsburgh.

you recognize everybody.

also when you think you're entitled to be at the front of the line just because you've been to a shit load of shows and you're friends with the people who live on the front rail. I'm not naming names, but there sure was a lot of this going on in Pittsburgh.

PLUS ONE!

I totally agree with you.
Lou.
Romi.
Ooops, I named names.

You start to listen to Assasin Of Love on youtube randomly. :reject:

:lmao: We did this in our hotel room in Montreal. :reject:

But to contribute to the thread, I have literally been walking around in stores thinking to myself, "That'd be useful in the GA line..."

I was at my friend's pool the other day and kept looking at their folding chairs thinking they'd be good for the line.

You know when you have been to too many when you are sitting at home with a number on your hand and you are going nowhere. But it makes you feel better :sad: :lol:

You know you've been to too many GA lines when you start to think port-a-potties aren't all that bad.

When you find it somewhere in your heart to not give your real opinion of a poorly messaged fan sign.

You know you've been in too many GA lines when you randomly wake up at 3:30am as your body is used to 4:00am GA line check ins.

Crap... I can't sleep and my tour is over!

how about the obvious one..... when your hands turn a permenant shade of green/blue/black/red of washed-out sharpie colors :)

I'm one of the ones usually promoting going farther back, because you can see the whole stage. It's usually pretty tightly packed about halfway back on the floor, and then farther back than that, there's usually more room.

I definitely agree with this!

I did GA for Philly and was about 10 people back from the tip of the outer rail(right between the 2 speaker stacks). Saw the whole stage extremely well and did not for a second envy the people right down front craning their necks to see only Edge or Adam or Bono.

I get the whole community feeling of the GA line, I hung out around it for a few hours in Montreal(even had a fist bump with the U2 brothr!!), but I truly don't get the stressing over it.

My girlfriend and I got to the stadium in Philly at around 2:30PM, went to eat, looked around the line and listened to the soundcheck, took a walk, then came back at 5 when doors opened.

Even after walking in slow, going to the bathroom, waiting in a long line to get on the field, etc, we easily got the spot we did. In fact, if it was our cup of tea, we could have gotten right up against the outer rail.

In my mind, I had the best spot possible for GA...still packed in pretty good with all the energy of the crowd around you, can see the entire show, and the sound is much louder and clearer.

I need to see Edge's chest hair. But my heart can only really handle that 2-3x/tour for extended periods, so I was quite happy also doing a couple casual GAs, a few Red Zones and a couple of sets of seats...

:lol::lol::lol:

I definitely agree with this!

I did GA for Philly and was about 10 people back from the tip of the outer rail(right between the 2 speaker stacks). Saw the whole stage extremely well and did not for a second envy the people right down front craning their necks to see only Edge or Adam or Bono.

Oh, you must be a guy then:lol:. How lucky I've been in Minny, truly. While other people try their darnest to get the boys to read their signs, I was right other Adam's nose so I could do hand and body actions to get my message across to him. And he understood- twice.

But Bono didn't understand. I tried to convey to him to kiss Adam during Boots, but na-uh! :madwife:

Today at the grocery store, I got into a fight with two old ladies because they were ahead of me in line and I didn't see no numbers on their hand, and their names were not on my (grocery) list.

...when you begin to think it's not worth it anymore thanks to self-important ass hats who thrive on passive agressive bullshit. :grumpy:

When you look at the fan cam and recognize everyone on the rails.....:shifty:

how about the obvious one..... when your hands turn a permenant shade of green/blue/black/red of washed-out sharpie colors :)

How about when standing in the sun all day, showering/washing your hands and a week later, you have a tan line from your number? I know it happened to me in Denver...

you actually have a show that is in a seat, get to the gate first but don't have #1 written on your hand and it feels wrong. and you confuse security asking where the start of the line for that gate is.

STL was my one non GA this tour, when I was talking to security while waiting to be let in he kept saying that U2 fans were a bit crazy.

Back
Top Bottom