You know you've been in too many GA lines when...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How about when standing in the sun all day, showering/washing your hands and a week later, you have a tan line from your number? I know it happened to me in Denver...

269981_10150212338547916_620782915_7193773_7625435_n.jpg

Mine from Anaheim 1

Funny thread!

- you know you've been in too many GA lines when you're constantly thinking about what you need to ditch before you get into the movie theatre.

Your bathroom breaks are strategically planned throughout the day

You deprive yourself of water after a certain time in the afternoon at the risk you'll lost your rail spot

On the off chance you have to leave your spot in the pit, you apologize to every single person you pass so they'll recognize you on the way back in.

You chat up total strangers in line and by the end of the day you're friends for life

You start jogging months before the shows for "the run"

You have "U2 injuries" after the tour like cuts, bruises, and every sore muscle you can imagine

^that is so incredible that you don't have to pee from 5pm to 11+pm!

Yeah, the GA line lifestyle is like being on the fringe of civilization because who ever has to limit their water and time their pees in the office?

...when every event you're planning requires arriving several hours early just to get a good spot, even if you already have reservations.

...when waiting in line at the grocery store self-scan and you begin to wish there were cattle pens.

...when the smell of 2000 people who have not showered for 2 or more days doesn't bother you.

...when you start training in advance for the queue.

You know when you've been to too many U2 shows when you see other bands and laugh at their stage.

... when having more than 4 hours of sleep the night before the show is considered a luxury;

... when you wake up from a nap in the queue not sure what day it is or city you're in;

... when you end a conversation in the GA by saying, "Which shows are you going to next?"

... when you're standing in the long line at Salumi's in Seattle for a delicious sandwich, and you have a moment where you're all "I should take a picture and make a GA joke," but then you don't because you realize you're sick of even thinking about GA.

;)

Yo

^ is that you, Joe?

Hey Romi, yah, it's me! Haven't been on interference forever. Now that the tour is done, I have to find coping mechanisms - one of which is to talk about the GA with other GAers :)

Quite the odyssey we've had since we met up at the first Chicago show in '09, hasn't it?

Joe

Sure has! Now someone has to convince you to get on facebook. Once you do Once you do, I'll add you to the "Friends Group," which you should find much to your liking :)

when you have a "day off" in Dublin and you still walk to Croke Park

when nothing other than the GC is good enough (yeah I'm a GC snob)

when you still get excited about seeing the Claw close up

when you've read every newspaper you can buy and have never been more up to date with current affairs

when you think you can hear the band sound checking (insert name of most want to hear song)

when you get wet and sun burnt on the same day

when it's all over and you want to go and do it again!

Love this thread!

... when you know 20 different practical situations when an umbrella is useful...

... when you never want to see another granola bar again....

... when you keep large cardboard boxes at home because they might come in handy as a sleeping surface in the future....

... when you feel no qualms about abandoning brand new chairs, umbrellas and mats after just one use (actually, I still feel guilty about the wastefulness that the GA line experience leads to)....

You know you've been to too many GA lines when you start to think port-a-potties aren't all that bad.

:no: I was traumatized by a port-a-pottie in Winnipeg. I stepped inside and immediately regretted it and didn't pee again for nine hours. A tiny room full of poo… *shudders* Maybe I need to do more GA lines and just toughen up a little! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom