X marks the spot (how good are your tickets?) / Info on your GA tix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clerks

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I'm sure some of you know this, others don't. But I found out a few years ago that ticketmaster labels how good the seats are by a number system.

Ideally the best ticket would say 1X, but it could say 54X, 164X, up until what they deem the worst view.

Anyway, thought it might be cool to say what you got. Help people figure out what the people in charge think are the best views...

GILLETTE

Sec 336 / 20 -- 208X

Sec 204 / 8 -- 164X

GIANTS

GA -- 128X (but they label my ticket FLD 5 so it's not really accurate as there are no seats....)

Sec 128 / 16 --- 54 X

For those who are confused, it is listed under EVENT CODE at the upper righthand corner of your ticket. It's on the tare-off part on that side.

SMB

Ha, for Jersey 1 I have like a 300somethin X lol. Can't remember what it was. But, it's not great lol. Gillette will probably be in the 180s area and Jersey 2 probably 54X. I looked at some of my Vertigo tickets and behind the stage was the best X's I had

SMB

really? because I have tickets at Giants stadium 140/12 and it says '199X'... I believe those are better tickets than 128/16 that are ranked '54X'.

uhmmm... i gotta research this...
:confused:

Yeah, I'm not sure I buy this theory. I just went back and looked at all my ticketmaster stubs dating back to my first show, ZooTv in 92.

And the numbers don't exactly line up with this theory. My 6th row tickets to ZooTV were like 20x. All of my general admission tickets had different numbers. And my PJ tickets from the same venue same tour the further back seat had a lower number than the other.

So if there is a ranking system, I don't get it...

yeah, but I just looked some in ebay, sec 317 row 24. they are basically nosebleeds:
and they are ranked 191X. Better than those in section 140/12.

uhmm... :scratch:

It's ticketmaster internal ratings, obviously it's not 100% accurate as much as opinion.

GA don't really work since they label them as if they were seats on the FLD so if you got like FLD 1 versus FLD 10 on your GA tickets, the number before the X changes a lot.

It's not a theory -- it's true. Doesn't mean they actually judge any better than we can just looking at a chart -- but figured it was interesting nonetheless.

This is how they determine what to charge, etc.

It's ticketmaster internal ratings, obviously it's not 100% accurate as much as opinion.
It's seems it's not even close to accurate.

GA don't really work since they label them as if they were seats on the FLD so if you got like FLD 1 versus FLD 10 on your GA tickets, the number before the X changes a lot.
:crack: I have GAs that just have random numbers X8, X20, etc...

It's not a theory -- it's true. Doesn't mean they actually judge any better than we can just looking at a chart -- but figured it was interesting nonetheless.

This is how they determine what to charge, etc.

How do you know this? Why would higher seats have lower X numbers but cost less?

I used to manage a Music Plus store in the late 1980's (SoCal people might remember that store) and we were a TM outlet. The tickets were indeed labeled with X numbers, "1X" being the best.

I have no idea if these X numbers still mean this, but it would make sense. In fact, the venue seating charts that TM would send us were always sectioned off in black marker, clearly stating what sections were included in each "X" section. Since the availability of tix on the internet, I have not been to a TM outlet in person to see if their venue diagrams still look like this (anyone want to volunteer?).

We had lots of methods of trying to pull the best tickets, and one included always going for "2X" as soon as tix were on sale. Typically the floor (with seats) had the best 3 sections (1X, 2X, 3X) immediately in front of the stage, with 1X being in the middle. As tickets went on sale and the craploads of outlets tried for the same tix, we would have greater success pulling up row 1 in 2X rather than row 25 in 1X. Does this make sense? As far as GA, the X numbers really meant nothing, because that's what GA is: GENERAL ADMISSION - i.e. first come, first served, fight your way to the front. Sometimes, for a large show at a stadium, preliminary seating charts would come out before the exact stage layout was known. When it was known, a finalized seating chart would come out, with extra "X" sections squeezed in near the stage. Instead of re-numbering every X section, these new sections would just get the "end" X numbers. We also would pay close attention to these seating charts and sometimes instead of trying for "2X" we were trying for "242X". I got front row for David Bowie and Siouxsie and the Banshees at Anaheim Stadium this way.

Hope this helps the conversation along. :wave:

Soldier Field:
141 row 12: 4x
140 row 4: 6x

Makes sense...A little higher gives the best view of everything.

i'm going for scalpers this time... last time they did a stadium here floor seats were going for 20 bucks... we'll see, but i'm thinkin $100 bucks may get me a great seat.

Info on your GA tix:

cute.gif
Can we start a list here of the info on your GA tix:

Mine say gate C

I bought the 5'1684th ticket

any other info you have about all these #'s is also welcome. :wave:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom