would you trade.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the two that always resort to personal attacks first with me are becoming friends? I'm glad I can bring folks together.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of gvox?

I've never really seen gman being particularly aggressive toward anyone...then again I don't go trawling through threads looking for any possible inconsistencies or awkward phrasing to jump all over either.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of gvox?

I've never really seen gman being particularly aggressive toward anyone...then again I don't go trawling through threads looking for any possible inconsistencies or awkward phrasing to jump all over either.

No it was gman.

And I wasn't looking for anything, and I even asked him to qualify, and that's when I got attacked.

In my short time I've had my bouts with BVS and have learned to actually laugh at them rather than take him seriously as I consider the source. Last I read is the original poster asked if we would get rid of all the special effects for a longer show. I am 100% for this. As a Springsteen fan as well he plays for 3 hours every night and he's 60 years old. He's been playing 28 to 30 songs per night for the past 2 years. Dont believe me then go to backstreets.com and check the set lists.

It seems to me that these 3 hour shows are not having a wear and tear effect on him or his band either as they just added 25 more shows to their current tour. Clarence the saxophonist is struggling with leg problems and is 67 years old. Nils Lofgren had double hip surgery before this tour as well and he's now doing backflips during his guitar solos.

I love Zoo TV but I loved the Joshua Tree, Unforgettable Fire, and War tours the best. The visuals they have are great dont get me wrong but the songs from the earlier eras didnt need them and that was my favorite U2 era. U2 is a very powerful passionate band who l I love very much. If it meant sacrificing the stage for a longer show I'm all for it.

No it was gman.

And I wasn't looking for anything, and I even asked him to qualify, and that's when I got attacked.

Sigh. You really do not see how aggressive you are, do you?

I hate to say it, but you have become one of those completely obnoxious posters. You seem to have to win at all costs in each and every exchange. Your posts have always (at least in the years I've been here) been pushy, but over the past year they have become much, much more so -- to the point where many posters know when you join a thread there will soon be a pissing contest. There is something wrong with that.

I've said my piece. I doubt you will listen though -- and that's your right -- so I'll shut up and just stop reading what you write.

In my short time I've had my bouts with BVS and have learned to actually laugh at them rather than take him seriously as I consider the source.

Bruce you made a public announcement in here that you would work on your issues if I did mine, I haven't had one issue with you since then, why are you having a problem holding up your end of the bargain? I would hate to show the public how you and gman attacked me with vulgar filled threatening pms.

It seems to me that these 3 hour shows are not having a wear and tear effect on him or his band either as they just added 25 more shows to their current tour. Clarence the saxophonist is struggling with leg problems and is 67 years old. Nils Lofgren had double hip surgery before this tour as well and he's now doing backflips during his guitar solos.
Bruce is a anomaly, that's for sure, but a few things to consider. Bruce is a much different singer than Bono, technically speaking there's no comparison, and Bruce's voice is deteriorating at a much worse rate than Bono's. Plus the shows I've seen the band jam quite a bit more than U2 giving Bruce's voice a little bit of a break here and there during that 3 hour show.

Sigh. You really do not see how aggressive you are, do you?

I hate to say it, but you have become one of those completely obnoxious posters. You seem to have to win at all costs in each and every exchange. Your posts have always (at least in the years I've been here) been pushy, but over the past year they have become much, much more so -- to the point where many posters know when you join a thread there will soon be a pissing contest. There is something wrong with that.

I've said my piece. I doubt you will listen though -- and that's your right -- so I'll shut up and just stop reading what you write.

I just ask someone, one person to point out where I was "pushy", "aggresive", or "obnoxious" in this thread previous to being attacked? Please.

Bruce you made a public announcement in here that you would work on your issues if I did mine, I haven't had one issue with you since then, why are you having a problem holding up your end of the bargain? I would hate to show the public how you and gman attacked me with vulgar filled threatening pms.

Bruce is a anomaly, that's for sure, but a few things to consider. Bruce is a much different singer than Bono, technically speaking there's no comparison, and Bruce's voice is deteriorating at a much worse rate than Bono's. Plus the shows I've seen the band jam quite a bit more than U2 giving Bruce's voice a little bit of a break here and there during that 3 hour show.

Alright my bad BVS I did make an annoucement like that. But for the record I did send a PM to BVS of a picture of the middle digit. I never did threaten you so your wrong there. Violence has never been a strongpoint of mine It was my first day on this board and in all honesty he was being a smart aleck whcih I didnt appreciate as it was my first day on this board and found everyone else to be quite friendly. I also did PM an apology as well.

Alright BVS I relapsed I'll go back to working on my issues. But I disagree with you that Bruces vocals are suffering. Have you seen him live this tour to back that up? I have seen 12 shows and in my opinion his voice is better than ever. I'll back that up by referring you to YouTube specifically his voice on JungleLand and Outlaw Pete.

As far as the jamming goes. His shows have consisted of jamming since the 70's so nothing new there. To be honest with you I miss U2's jam sessions I was just listening to Under a Blood Red Sky today and I think the jam session after Electric Co is awesome. Just for the record as well I dont hold any ill will towards you even if we disagree on some U2 issues.

Alright BVS I relapsed I'll go back to working on my issues.
Thank you, I respect that and I hope we can move on...
But I disagree with you that Bruces vocals are suffering. Have you seen him live this tour to back that up? I have seen 12 shows and in my opinion his voice is better than ever. I'll back that up by referring you to YouTube specifically his voice on JungleLand and Outlaw Pete.

As far as the jamming goes. His shows have consisted of jamming since the 70's so nothing new there. To be honest with you I miss U2's jam sessions I was just listening to Under a Blood Red Sky today and I think the jam session after Electric Co is awesome. Just for the record as well I dont hold any ill will towards you even if we disagree on some U2 issues.
I haven't seen him this tour. But the last time I saw him he almost had a very warbly mumble and sounded more like Bob Dylan than he did the Bruce of the past. And I agree that they've always jammed, that's kind of my point, U2 has never been that type of band. My point being with that is that when comparing a U2 show to a Bruce show you have to keep in mind that Bono's singing and belting out a lot more than Bruce is therefore it's going to be harder on his vocals. But thing I have to give Bruce is that hands down he has more energy than not only Bono, but almost any act I know over 30; Bruce just has a lot of fucking energy, I don't know how he does it. Performance enhancing drugs?:wink:

wtf_cat.jpg

WTF people...

I'm sorry I can't concentrate on the music, but it's hard for me to turn my eyes away from Bono's ass.

Seing Bono's fine behind in person is actually the only thing I'm interested in when I'm going to a U2 show. I didn't even notice that there are three other guys on stage. Oh well, guess I'll have to focus a little more on the rest of the band next time. I'm sure they also have interesting body parts.

:lol: great post.

I don't see how the spectacle/stage/claw has anything to do with the length of the show.

but, if I had to choose... I think I'd pick the visuals. I've seen a lot of concerts, including shows by Radiohead and Coldplay, and the only band that compared to U2 visually was Muse. I think their awesome stage setup and visuals really set them apart. Everyone I've shown The Claw to thinks it's stunning. and by far my favourite U2 tour (despite never seeing it in person :() is ZooTV, which was visual overload. I can and do listen to just music anytime. I go to a concert for the whole experience, and exciting lights and visuals enhance that.

Of course, I'm doing GA so a lot of the visuals will probably be lost on me, but at least there's Bono's ass to look forward to :wink:

2 hours is a perfectly long show, longer than most bands. and GA is exhausting. I'm cool with it :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom