U2 Santiago Pre-sale/Gen-sale Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I have three different windows opened at different times using two different codes. It won't let me open any more windows, it says my code has been used.

I logged back by going back to the main page and selecting Estado de Compra, then entering your RUT and password.

oh man.... then I guess I lost one ticket chance on my pre-sale code because one of my sessions expired and I re-entered the code in the other computer (had two ticket chances available).

I'll have to send u2.com an email about it, although they usually ignore emails. I was sending emails about the RUT issue and also saw some posts asking for help about it in Zootopia but they just ignored them...:angry:

u2chile.net is saying that foreigners have to buy pre-sale tickets by phone!
(56+2+6902000) I just called again but lines are still busy....

I just sent an email to Ticketmaster Customer Service asking about the purchase, I'll wait and see what they say about it.

OK, I give up.

I just bought another GA ticket for Buenos Aires 2, maybe I can trade it for a Santiago 1.

I will email the people at U2.com and tell them what is happening with this fiasco.

Good luck guys.

Sorry about that Nick, I don't have much expectations on my purchase either, so I may need to get a Santiago 1 ticket later too. But no worries, we will get the tickets :up:, and of course, I will send an email to u2.com too and let them know about this extremely dissapointing pre-sale....

Gracias, Fer! I will try again later today, maybe TM Chile will unfuck itself by then.

I still cannot see my account page. I log in with the RUT, I see my name in the
upper right corner of the home page, but where do I go from there?

If you want to see your personal data I think you have to purchase something (or at least begin the process, and then after you add any ticket to your cart you will be prompted for your rut/pwd and then a page with your personal data will appear for you to update any necessary fields, and then you can continue with the purchase).

I remember I tried "Estado de Compra" before doing my purchase and I just saw my name at the upper right corner, but nothing else showed up. After I completed (?) the purchase I tried "Estado de Compra" again and it displayed the purchase details.

I see, all right then. I guess I didn't purchase anything.

Of course, the TM Chile site now says both of my U2.com codes have been used,
so I'll be calling U2.com today like thousands of others :hyper:

Ohh , I just tried "EStado de Compra" again and it says:

"Estado de compra: Rechazada, tiempo pago agotado"
(Purchase status: Rejected, pay time expired)

What the f..........

Djsohl, you may want to take a look at your purchase status (hope yours is ok)

I wonder if any foreigner succeded in buying tickets by phone :hmm:

(I haven't been able to reach Tktmstr.cl Customer Service, lines are still busy but I'll try again later today)

If you get through, please order a Cancha ticket for me, if you can! I will repay you immediately.

I don't think they speak English, and my Spanish is useless, otherwise I would help, sorry!

From u2chile.net:
" Registrarte en Ticketmaster.cl (si eres Chileno) (en caso de ser extranjero consultar vía telefónica al 56 -2 - 6902000)"
(Register in ticketmaster.cl (if you are Chilean) (if foreigner, call 56-2-6902000))

of course, I was planning to do so my friend, in case I got any response I will buy a ticket for you (I'm supposed to have two chances for tickets in my pre-sale code)

Tengo mi presale code de 14 digitos y sale "Codigo socio no registrado, reintente...".
que se puede hacer?

I have a 14 charac presale code and it says "Codigo socio no registrado, reintente...".
what can i do?

Wow! Guess what, just talked to a Customer Agent from ticketmaster.cl by phone and she told me that the fans pre-sale is ONLY through the web page (because that's the only way to validate u2.com codes).

She told me to try my purchase again through the web page and also said that they cannot sell any u2 tickets by phone in this presale.

About the RUT she says that we can use the Passport number (like Nick has told us before).

Tengo mi presale code de 14 digitos y sale "Codigo socio no registrado, reintente...".
que se puede hacer?

I have a 14 charac presale code and it says "Codigo socio no registrado, reintente...".
what can i do?

Hola!

Estoy buscando en zootopia alguna respuesta a tu pregunta, varias personas tienen el mismo problema pero aún no les dan respuesta... =(

En cuanto sepa algo te aviso.

Saludos y suerte!

Thanks for trying, Fer! At least you got through.

Call U2.com and ask them to give you a new code. From Mexico, please call them at: 1-916-414-2921

There are some problems with this, though:

I just spoke to "Erin" at U2.com in Massachusetts. She is very friendly and professional. I told her that my code was eaten by TM Chile, so she gave me a new code.

However, she said this new code can only be used once. That means I must buy all four tickets at the same time for one show. :|

She also said that if I have the same problems with TM Chile as before, and if this code gets eaten again without any ticket orders being completed, I must then call TM Chile and talk to them about it, not U2.com.

I don't want to risk anything more with TM Chile, so I think I will use this new code to buy four tickets for Buenos Aires and hope to trade them or resell them in order to buy Santiago tickets.

This is really fun.

tnx, I'm trying to call but no luck yet (line seems to be busy), I'll give it a shot at tickemaster.cl and try to buy two Cancha tickets

If the purchase fails and I lose my code again I will call u2.com one more time (even though they tell me to talk to ticketmaster.cl :angry:)

The status of my purchase has not changed. It is frustrating that there is conflicting information for how non-Chileans can purchase tickets. Hopefully this will be worked out before the designated pre-sale ends.

OK, so I tried using the new code that U2.com just gave me, but it doesn't work on Ticketek.com.ar (the BsAs site). I'm afraid to use it on the Santiago site, so I called U2.com again and got another number.... it still doesn't work.

The poor girl helping me is going nuts. She says they are getting many calls about all the problems with TM Chile. She is now speaking with a supervisor to find out what can be done....

Bono better appreciate all this bullshit we have to go through! :wink:

Mmm, I took a look at zootopia and saw that many fans got useless new codes from the u2.com hot line...and of course, no solution so far.

I'm still trying to call u2.com but lines are busy....

And yes, haha, Bono better appreciate this!! (I'm supposed to be working now but my boss is not in the office, so here I am trying to deal with Ticketmaster Chile and all its demons)

I also have not been able to successfully complete a transaction.

Best of luck for both of you.
I have just completed transaction to get field tickets for the second show in La Plata. Could someone please explain to me how on earth the most expensive tickets are already sold out???? If this is the case, I predict this show will sell out in less time than the first one.
It makes sense though. The show is on Saturday which incidentally is a Public Holiday in Argentina (so I´ve been told).

Back
Top Bottom