Tour DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^ If you're talking about Gone, I am fairly sure that he is using the same guitar, it's just the way the red followspots catch the black when it is reflecting plain white light. There is a shot from a lower angle where the guitat turns from black to red. It is clearly black from above, but there are shots where it appears red.

Not so. He used the fireglo one the first night, and the jetglo on night 2. Almost all the audio is night two apart from the sound of edge kicking his guitar at the end.

And there really isn't that much editing between nights - the Bono-cam shots are night 4, Stay and Edge's tantrum are from night one, but apart from that it's all the second night in Boston. If they were at all interested in making a composite show, they would have edited out those shots where you can see the "hole in the heart" - judging from interviews, this moment still sticks in bono's craw, and the chance to do away with it probably would have been jumped at.

Chicago(shown in genuine 1080ip on US TV?) and U23D were HD. Probably Milan as well. R&H is film so that too can be HD ready is mastered properly(the HDDVD got lukewarm reviews due to compression formats)

I THINK Sydney and Mexico now looks on DVD as good as they ever will. Although audio can be greatly enhanced on blu-ray.

No idea about Boston, Slane or the Lovetown Australia/Dublin video formats.

I have a feeling that Slane was the first U2 show to be shot in HD (unless you count R&H, which was shot in essentially unlimited resolution), because it is the first to be in widescreen (which makes the filming look a lot better, IMO).

Lovetown Sydney was shot on FILM from what I have heard, so it has the potential to look good in HD. Thats my holy grail of U2 Proshot videos, shame it will probably never be released though.

It would be interesting to see about Dublin, though... I'm pretty sure all four nights were fully filmed, and they might have been on film, too.

I have a feeling that Slane was the first U2 show to be shot in HD (unless you count R&H, which was shot in essentially unlimited resolution), because it is the first to be in widescreen (which makes the filming look a lot better, IMO).

The Japanese were playing with early genuine HD video in the early 90's. Sting and Bob Dylan did some things around 92/93, so there's a slim chance Sydney is HD as well as Mexico.

Denver and Tempe 1987 were also filmed and would work in HD.

It's just disappointing to only have R&H Blu-ray at this point in time, I know so much footage exists that could be on the market now on blu-ray...

look at the geezers and their Biggest Bang blu-ray set, why can't we have something of our own?

from nick,

stil no dvd news yet or even rumors, looks like there may not be one this year if the next few shows don't get filmed

I suppose if we haven't heard by now, that means London won't be getting its first U2 DVD right??? :angry::down::sad:

You just know the DVD is gonna be filmed in the US again, maybe somewhere like New York then we'll get another DVD in Europe later on. I hope it's not this order, but there you go...

I don't want another US dvd. :crack: I want a European one damnit.

And I don't give a damn about Blu RAy for now. It would mean spending more money on a stupid blu ray player. Dvd's good enough for me.

I don't want another US dvd. :crack: I want a European one damnit.

And I don't give a damn about Blu RAy for now. It would mean spending more money on a stupid blu ray player. Dvd's good enough for me.

I hope they do a European show too. But the Claw was made for a Blu-Ray release. The audio alone is that much better with Blu-Ray.

I recently purchased/watched Sleeping Beauty on Blu-Ray and you could not tell a child that SB was made in 1959. The picture is jaw dropping and the audio is so clean, on the extras the producers explained when the remastered the audio on Blu-Ray (DTS HD Master) they heard effects they never thought existed. Pretty cool.

So now we can hear Bono's guitar :)

You know, they can release both right? It's like any film that comes out at the moment, they are both available to purchase in Blu-ray and DVD.

If DVD is what you use, then you have nothing to worry about (I hope).

They should film the one in Landover, Maryland. My show. :wink:

Even though I know they won't, I can still dream. :sexywink:

I live in the US, but they should film it in Europe. I don't think they will film one until next year

Will there be a 360 DVD?

Just curious about the potential of a DVD being filmed on this tour.

Does anyone recall if there was there prior knowledge that U2 would be filming the concerts in Boston and Chicago? Or rumors of filming?

without a doubt there will be a DVD/Bu-Ray of some sort.

there has been no solid information - not even rumors really as to where it will take place though.

There was a lot of discussion going on previously in several threads, here's one:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f304/tour-dvd-194893.html

Thanks for the link and thanks for merging!!!

Still wondering, in the past for previous filming (i.e., Vertigo Chicago?) had there been leaks or prior announcements???

If I remember right there was prior knowledge about filming those shows, but only a week maybe a few days before... but my memory may be failing me.

Sorry for bumping the thread guys, but im thinking about getting the Boston dvd from 2001. I want to know when it says you can view the concert in different perspectives. Can you watch the whole concert via bono cam ? Didnt know anywhere else to post man =]

No...the Bono-Cam is only 2 or 3 songs on the bonus DVD.

2 songs on the DVD, B-Day hasn't been released. Bono probably took off the shades before the 4th song that night. Actually filmed at the final Boston show and not the earlier shows used for the proper DVD taping.

I remember Chicago was known a 2-3 weeks in advance. Hamish was seen at the Vancouver shows, plus Willie made some comments in his diary about NBA playoffs possibly messing with the crew if it went to a game 7.

2 songs on the DVD, B-Day hasn't been released. Bono probably took off the shades before the 4th song that night. Actually filmed at the final Boston show and not the earlier shows used for the proper DVD taping.

I remember Chicago was known a 2-3 weeks in advance. Hamish was seen at the Vancouver shows, plus Willie made some comments in his diary about NBA playoffs possibly messing with the crew if it went to a game 7.

And the rest you can view as fancam and directors cam ?

And the rest you can view as fancam and directors cam ?

The start and end of Boston is available on fancam/director came, but a whole bunch of songs in between are missing.

Bono cam are easter eggs, I think one on each disc. I don't think the code on "Until" was ever cracked and it was simply extracted manually and placed on youtube.

Back
Top Bottom