Tour DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeyJB

Refugee
So far we have DVDs from the following cities:

Denver, USA (Red Rocks)
Paris, France (Joshua Tree deluxe)
Sydney, Australia (Zoo TV)
Mexico City, Mexico (Popmart)
Boston, USA (Elevation)
Dublin, Ireland (U2 Go Home)
Chicago, USA (Vertigo)
Milan, Italy (U218)
Brazil/Argentina (U2 3D)

Therefore I propose the DVD for the Kiss the Future tour or 360 tour or whatever its called, should be filmed in the new Wembley Stadium in the United Kingdom!!!

I hope we get a Europe-leg DVD this time around. The DVDs from the last two tours were all recorded during the first leg so it would be a fair guess, I assume.
Let's see on Monday which cities will get more than one show so we can start the speculation for real :hyper:.

How many shows do they usually need to do before attempting to put anything on tape?

Given that there are fewer shows etc, I think we'll either get a single show (no mixing) or a tour highlights package.

They have been doing the dvds from gigs where they play 3 or 4 shows recently.

I hope we get one in Europe this time around. Because of the next album coming, I think we may see one in Europe, then one after the release of album 2

I don't care where they film the next U2 concert DVD, I just want a version of it released in 1080p Blu-Ray with Dolby TrueHD 5.1 sound, bonus HD footage from other concerts, a tour documentary in HD and 2CD audio of the entire concert. Just like the "The Police Certifiable" Buenos Aires Blu-Ray set put out last year. And they should also release the Chicago dvd from the last tour in Blu-Ray. HDNet aired a shortened version of the Chicago concert in HD a couple years ago. It'd be nice to have a proper Blu-Ray version with Dolby TrueHD lossless surround sound.

Come on, people. Surely the venue is obvious. The Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein, Vaduz!

Failing that, how has there not been a DVD of U2 live in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan? They've only played there never times!

reports in UK today confirm that the new U2 show will be the highest attendence ever at the new wembley at over 100,000 due to the stage set up

I just found this: WalesOnline - News - Wales News - U2’s massive credit crunch Millennium stadium gig

A source close to the band hinted at the grand scale of gigs planned by Bono, The Edge and co.

He said: “You’re looking at 100,000 people for U2 at Wembley.

“It will be the highest ever capacity at Wembley for a concert and is expected to be the highest ever grossing concert in the UK.”

U2 manager Paul McGuiness added: “This is going to be a very big tour, the biggest shows we’ve ever done.”

I'm assuming they borrowed Edge's time machine to check that they did, indeed, sell all 100,000 tickets.

I agree! Bono always tells the crowds in NYC and especially at MSG last tour how loud they are.

Don't want to burst your bubble or anything, but he'd say the same thing anywhere. That's what frontmen do to get the crowd on their side.

In terms of the next DVD, I think S America is due a full length official release (I know that U23D was filmed there, but it wasn't a complete show, was it?). Another thing to bear in mind - just because we're potentially looking at 2 album releases close together, while the band continues to tour, doesn't mean we'll get 2 official concert DVDs. I hope that we do though! The precedent from 92/93 is the Sydney show, although the earlier Zoo TV shows were very different, yet aren't properly captured on any official release.

They absolutely need to release a full DVD from the last leg of the tour, assuming that leg is either Latin America or the Pacific Rim. They almost always get the best shows of a tour.

100,000 tickets for one Wembley show?? :hmm: there often doesn't seem to be more than around 100,000 U2 fans in the UK, I think I might be in with some luck on the tickets lol.

100,000 tickets for one Wembley show?? :hmm: there often doesn't seem to be more than around 100,000 U2 fans in the UK, I think I might be in with some luck on the tickets lol.

I'm guessing 100,000 x2 nights?

Word on the street:
Next U2 DVD will be filmed in Chorzow, Poland on 6 & 7 August 2009

U2 manager Paul McGuiness added: “This is going to be a very big tour, the biggest shows we’ve ever done.”

a little ambitious considering the state of the world economy. i can already picture half empty stadiums, in the US at least

Back
Top Bottom