Rose Bowl Show to be filmed for DVD + Webcast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
Just got this email via U2.com.

As a U2.com subscriber, we wanted you to be first with some breaking news - this Sunday the band's 360° Show at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena will be filmed for a dvd.

As they're drafting in more cameras to create a great film, the band has decided to allow it to be streamed live on YouTube.

It'll be officially announced later today but at 8.30pm (PT) on Sunday, wherever you are in the world don't miss the chance to see the show live and uninterrupted online. See a clip on You Tube.

As well as being able to watch the show, we'll bring our subscribers news as the week progresses from our video reporter on the ground. We'll also have bulletins from Director Tom Krueger and other exclusive video footage from backstage over the weekend.

Stay tuned, should be quite a night...

best wishes,
The U2.Com Team

Just got it too, and as usual with the dvd info I'm dissapointed. Though the crowd here should be better than Boston and Chicago right?

Sicy, you were fast. I came to post something, but you beat me to it! :applaud:

I think this is a good choice.

2 questions -

What are your thoughts on the director, Tom Krueger.

Will YouTube crash? :hmm::wink:

It says 'See a clip on You Tube' but when I click on the link it says 'this video is private'.

Just got it too, and as usual with the dvd info I'm dissapointed. Though the crowd here should be better than Boston and Chicago right?

This is AWESOME news! Isn't the Rose Bowl going to be the biggest attendance in the US?:applaud::applaud:

Galeongirl, why disappointed?? Where would you have wanted it to be filmed?

Also..what's wrong with Chicago? I went to both shows this tour there and the crowd was AMAZING. Actually went to both Gillette and both Wembley and Chicago was a close second to Wembleys excitement!

YES!!!

I will be able to say I WAS THERE! :rockon:

:happydance:

LOL! I don't blame you for being excited! feel the same way about Slane castle dvd and Boston Elevation too. (and another concert i saw at the original wembley years ago, but won't mention the band here...) :doh:

Who's Tom Krueger ?

:up: The new Ultraviolet and Crazy remix captured on camera forever.

The GA crowd is always what makes the concert DVDs for me, so all of us IF'ers need to go wild!!! :hyper:

Wow, my excitement for this show is even more insane than it was before. :combust:

Who's Tom Krueger ?

:up: The new Ultraviolet and Crazy remix captured on camera forever.

He worked as cinematographer for U23D.

Tom Krueger (I)

Camera and Electrical Department:
2000s
1990s
1980s
"Frontline" (camera operator) (2 episodes, 1990-2000)
- Drug Wars: Part Two (2000) TV episode (camera operator)
- Global Dumping Ground: Frontline Special (1990) TV episode (camera operator)

Suzanne Farrell: Elusive Muse (1996) (gaffer)

"American Masters" (assistant camera) (1 episode, 1989)
- James Baldwin: The Price of the Ticket (1989) TV episode (assistant camera)
Fatal Attraction (1987) (focus puller)
A Return to Salem's Lot (1987) (second assistant camera)
Cinematographer:
2000s
1990s
U2 3D (2007)
Committed (2000)
... aka Non Stop Girl

Manny & Lo (1996)
"United States of Poetry" (1995) TV mini-series
"Fishing with John" (1991) TV series
Director:
Fuzzy Logic (1998)

I was born and raised in LA, and have always been ashamed of how poor the energy is at all LA shows. I hope we can change our image and really bring it on Sunday night.

Back
Top Bottom