Reserved Seats Behind the Stage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

engleburg

The Fly
I would greatly appreciate the opinion(s) of anyone who has sat behind the stage so far during this tour. Did you get the full concert experience, etc.? Thanks so much!

I'm actually looking for 9/12 and I can't believe how many listings there are (through a couple of sites) for seats behind the stage. I only did it once before for the last tour and it wasn't too bad at all. Just curious about this tour!

I sat behind the stage for the Cardiff show after seven previous concerts. It cost £34.50 and the experience was substantially better than the equivalent priced side seats, maybe equivalent to the £90 seats on the lower tier in some instances.

My view of the band was unobstructed, and there is the somewhat awesome experience of seeing the entire stadium stretched in front of you. If you are there for the music and "live experience" then this is a great way to do it at a cheap price.

If you are one of those people who thrives on band interaction, then I imagine you won't have as great a time. Having said that, this applies to all seats - even the closest seats are trash compared to a good GA spot.

I couldn't tell if the crowd around me was more "hardcore" or not than other seats - it was better than Amsterdam 1, but inferior to Dublin 1 and London 2. I don't there is any pattern to be observed there.

If I had the opportunity again, I would probably replace all my seated tickets with behind-the-stage ones and put the spare cash to another show in GA. I did four concerts GA and overall that is the place to be as a hardcore U2 fan, but tiredness and the real-world mean that isn't practical for most people.

Here is a picture from my Cardiff position:
dscf3687.jpg

90EUR in Amsterdam:
dscf3204j.jpg

90EUR in Dublin:
dscf3301t.jpg

£30 in London:
dscf3552.jpg

I'm actually looking for 9/12 and I can't believe how many listings there are (through a couple of sites) for seats behind the stage. I only did it once before for the last tour and it wasn't too bad at all. Just curious about this tour!

For The Vertigo Tour I had One GA Ticket:drool:12/10/05 Cleveland Ohio

I put the two oldest teenagers in Seats behind the stage:ohmy:

L:|L

I have been behind the stage in Elevation and Vertigo. Great experiance. Closer and cheaper seats. This tour I will be behind the stage once in NJ

SMB

Thanks so much "thelaj" for your input and awesome photo. The seats I'm looking at are priced pretty high (slightly over $500) but they are in the front row behind the stage. I'm assuming that the price isn't worth it...

I agree with you about GA but my bf has no desire whatsoever to line up prior to the show.

Last edited:
I sat behind the stage for the Cardiff show after seven previous concerts. It cost £34.50 and the experience was substantially better than the equivalent priced side seats, maybe equivalent to the £90 seats on the lower tier in some instances.

My view of the band was unobstructed, and there is the somewhat awesome experience of seeing the entire stadium stretched in front of you. If you are there for the music and "live experience" then this is a great way to do it at a cheap price.

If you are one of those people who thrives on band interaction, then I imagine you won't have as great a time. Having said that, this applies to all seats - even the closest seats are trash compared to a good GA spot.

I couldn't tell if the crowd around me was more "hardcore" or not than other seats - it was better than Amsterdam 1, but inferior to Dublin 1 and London 2. I don't there is any pattern to be observed there.

If I had the opportunity again, I would probably replace all my seated tickets with behind-the-stage ones and put the spare cash to another show in GA. I did four concerts GA and overall that is the place to be as a hardcore U2 fan, but tiredness and the real-world mean that isn't practical for most people.

dscf3687.jpg

:ohsnap: What a view !!!!! I am there for the live music.....interaction no big deal:huh:

I sure hope this is our view on 9/13:up:

Can't wait to show Stacey:hug:

Thanks TheLaj:applaud:

I know it sounds awful, but across the shows I developed the term "rail whore" to refer to the (usually female) people who are obsessed with getting the rail just so they can have a few seconds of interaction with a band-member. The rest of the time they usually just stand there waiting for someone to come and give them attention, largely ignoring the music.

If you are that kind of fan, obviously you won't be in seats anyway, but the back of stage is not for you.

I estimate about 20% of the show has attention given to behind the stage, and occasionally one does feel "left out" but I'm a realist in these situations. On the other hand, it feels like the band don't use the catwalks much at all so those guys paying £150 weren't getting five times the experience I was. It seems to be the "real concert" is in the pit, and everyone else watches that show :wink:

I love being a "rail-whore"! It's so much fun but for some reason, my boyfriend has no interest in it. :)

I love being a "rail-whore"! It's so much fun but for some reason, my boyfriend has no interest in it. :)

Being on the rail is great for a variety of reasons - I just hated to see people looking miserable and distracted when the band weren't near them.

TheLaj what time approximately did you line up to get that close:hmm:

I may have to volunteer Stacey for the "rail":ohmy:

L:reject:L

Amsterdam: 12:15 though I didn't get in the inner circle there - I was outside rail

Dublin: 12:00 though you could get a similar position to me until around 14:00 (I tried to queue from 10am but there were some... problems)

Sheffield: 11:15

I should add that I was in so much pain after queueing/walking all day in Dublin that I was virtually crying by the time I got back to my bed. Maybe my feet aren't built for it, because others don't seem to have a problem. They also gave way in Amsterdam 2 and I had to semi-squat in Moment of Surrender.

dscf3687.jpg

This picture from Cardiff, was it taken from the second level of the stadium or the third?

I know it sounds awful, but across the shows I developed the term "rail whore" to refer to the (usually female) people who are obsessed with getting the rail just so they can have a few seconds of interaction with a band-member. The rest of the time they usually just stand there waiting for someone to come and give them attention, largely ignoring the music.

don't feel bad, i've seen the same thing since 97 when i started traveling for shows.

in fact, i think they prefer the term "rail skanks"

the pictures from the back look great :up:

-dan

Being on the rail is great for a variety of reasons - I just hated to see people looking miserable and distracted when the band weren't near them.

Amsterdam: 12:15 though I didn't get in the inner circle there - I was outside rail

Dublin: 12:00 though you could get a similar position to me until around 14:00 (I tried to queue from 10am but there were some... problems)

Sheffield: 11:15

I should add that I was in so much pain after queueing/walking all day in Dublin that I was virtually crying by the time I got back to my bed. Maybe my feet aren't built for it, because others don't seem to have a problem. They also gave way in Amsterdam 2 and I had to semi-squat in Moment of Surrender.

I'm not a rail whore- more an inner circle junkie- I'm not bothered about interacting with the band- I just like being in the inner circle/ inner claw for these things

Didn't have any "injuries" from queueing- but the much of the time was spent sat down on the ground reading the newspaper or protecting the spot by the catwalk.

I was a bit winded after Wembley 2 but that was entirely due to me jumping about like a lunatic for 2 hours- felt like being in the gym ( but more fun!)

That is the third tier about 1/3 the way up, it is a pretty tall stadium (not as tall as Wembley).

Thank you. I asked because my seats for the Giants Stadium show are in a very similar spot, but I think I'll be a bit closer because I'm in the second row of the third level. If your picture is any indication, they are going to be awesome seats!

Thank you. I asked because my seats for the Giants Stadium show are in a very similar spot, but I think I'll be a bit closer because I'm in the second row of the third level. If your picture is any indication, they are going to be awesome seats!

Wow, that is taken from the 3rd tier?? It looks much closer than that. My seats for 9/21 are slightly more towards the right, and in the lower 1st tier/100 level. Gee, your view seems perfect cant even imagine being lower.

Im glad to see that the circlular catwalk goes all the way around now. IF the band members walk by there a few times, that surely will be awesome closeup view from the back! :hyper:

Thanks for sharing the awesome photos!

I should add that I was in so much pain after queueing/walking all day in Dublin that I was virtually crying by the time I got back to my bed. [/I].

Oh wow, thats awful. Id love :heart:to be on the rail for the band interaction--yet I would NEVER be standing there uninterested when they werent near me! Wow! People actually do that??? I would hope if you got lucky enough to be near the rails, youd be into the music just as hardcore! Ive never had GA's so Ive never witnessed some of this stuff. :( In the seats, there are always some duds who just stand there motionless looking most unenthusiastic; I just try to ignore them and focus on everyone else rocking out along with me. :)

Thelaj! Your photos are AWESOME!:applaud:
Can i please ask what kind of camera you have?

I was using a Fujifilm f31fd, which is a 6 megapixel compact camera from 2007. It has great low-light performance for such a small camera, which is why I chose it. These pictures were generally taken in Shutter Priority mode at around 1/60th or 1/80th of a second at ISO800.

I was using a Fujifilm f31fd, which is a 6 megapixel compact camera from 2007. It has great low-light performance for such a small camera, which is why I chose it. These pictures were generally taken in Shutter Priority mode at around 1/60th or 1/80th of a second at ISO800.

Thank you so much for sharing!!!

dscf3687.jpg
That is a great shot. I am also going on 9/13 and I am hoping one of the legs on the claw will not be an obstruction. I would be perfectly happy with this view.

What is the policy on cameras on this tour? I have a Nikon D70 (looks like a 35mm camera body) with a fast 28-70mm lens. In other words, the lens is kind of big for so little magnification power. Do you think anyone would have a problem with me bringing it in? I do not own a small digital camera. I wouldn't be using a flash and of course I am not interested in making money from the photos. Just want to take some pictures of my family and perhaps a few shots of the event.

I prefer behind the stage for arena shows. I don't know what to expect outdoors, but indoors there better than 85% of the arena seats, and cheaper. Stayed away from them this tour: GA Boston1 & club seats NY2 now NY1.

Back
Top Bottom