Let's give the Tour's ginormous tent-thing a name! - The Claw...it's official

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What should the ginormous tent-thing be called?

• Total voters
It's quite obvious to me that intelligent heads have prevailed here, and that U2 have finally taken inspiration from the mind-bending and POLITICALLY INSIGHTFUL show Battlestar Galactica. Because if that crab thingy doesn't look like a Cylon base ship then I don't know what does.

It's quite obvious to me that intelligent heads have prevailed here, and that U2 have finally taken inspiration from the mind-bending and POLITICALLY INSIGHTFUL show Battlestar Galactica. Because if that crab thingy doesn't look like a Cylon base ship then I don't know what does.

True. Also looks just like a walking scarab from Halo, but that's just too nerdy.

"the rotating vision obstructer"

What do you think? I'm so excited knowing no matter where i sit, there's a good chance i'll now get to enjoy a huge pole in my way off and on, cool, and thanks for continuing to fix things that aren't broken U2.

Just to clear things up here.. the 'crab'.. 'claw'.. 'spider' or whatever you want to call it, will not be rotating around the stage. I'm not sure where you got this idea, but it's physically impossible to create a temporary structure this large in a stadium and make it rotate.

The Cash Vacuum.

It quickly and efficiently separates filthy cash from the grateful multitudes. (And I count myself among them.)

While "Guantaflope" may not be the best name for a giant, 360-degree stage, it would be an EXCELLENT name for a rock band.

Think about it.

Face it - the crab is unfortunately going to stick

think of the t-shirt possibilities for a large crab:drool:

U2's 2009 "Pitchin'-a-Tent" tour

The Crab

The U2 Enterprise

LAX

The Gyroscope

Edge World

Ali Hewson's sniper post

Terry's Keyboard Lair

"We didn't copy Rod or Celine's Stage" Stage