''Kiss the Future'' Tour (now named U2 360° Tour)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone posted this link to a scalper ticket agency at U2.com. Tour hasn't even been officially announced yet and look at these prices:

U2 at Soldier Field Stadium in Chicago on September 12, 2009

Bastards, I tell you - bastards!:angry::angry::angry::angry::mad::mad::mad:

edit: and look at their slogan: "great tickets from nice people" - ack!

I dont know if this particular link is valid with the correct information but if these are the kind of prices that scalpers are going to be charging people that are not lucky enough to get tickets this is an absolute crime.Oh no but wait remember the economy is very very bad right now so scalpers have to eat too right!BS.This is legalized robbery if you ask me.U2 should call this tour the FUCK THE SCALPERS TOUR!

Anyone have any ideas on how to solve the conundrum of taking public transportation to a venue and what to do with your folding chair, books, etc? I did GA in Phoenix where there was free parking and MSG where I didn't bring anything with me but wish I had

I dont know if this particular link is valid with the correct information but if these are the kind of prices that scalpers are going to be charging people that are not lucky enough to get tickets this is an absolute crime.Oh no but wait remember the economy is very very bad right now so scalpers have to eat too right!BS.This is legalized robbery if you ask me.U2 should call this tour the FUCK THE SCALPERS TOUR!

By charging $250 for the best seats in the stadium, U2 is attempting to cut out the middle man.

I fear we are going to see a fair number of empty seats in the stands closest to the stage. Great job, Paul McGuinness. Here comes Popmart II (in a bad way).

EDIT: My first post was right, and based on Fogel's statements in Billboard, the band will have about 9,000-10,000 tickets per show (15% of the house) priced at $250. If that is true, the band (and the fans) are in for a disappointing turn-out.

don't like the tour name change. u2360? eeeewww.

I dunno how the seating is gnna work out...i hope we're not left with half empty stadiums

Hopefully there will be no scalping on the horizon.

I don't think getting tickets at face value is going to be a huge problem . . . unless either:

a) you and your friends are not savvy with purchasing tickets on-line (unlikely)

or

b) (more likely) Live Nation's website crashes during the on-sale.

At minimum, most shows are likely to have at least 60,000 tickets per show, so if all goes well, getting tickets shouldn't be terribly difficult.

At minimum, most shows are likely to have at least 60,000 tickets per show, so if all goes well, getting tickets shouldn't be terribly difficult.

Agreed.

Selling 60,000 tickets of anything in North America might be difficult right now.

If you do miss out buying tickets during the onsale, just head down to the stadium a couple of hours before the show begins, and you'll either find tickets at the door for face price, or fans selling tickets for below face price in the parking lot.

By charging $250 for the best seats in the stadium, U2 is attempting to cut out the middle man.

I fear we are going to see a fair number of empty seats in the stands closest to the stage. Great job, Paul McGuinness. Here comes Popmart II (in a bad way).

Some of the $250 seats may be pretty far away from the stage - similar to the $160 Honolulu seats in the original configuration. Almost every GA/field ticket appears to be better than the bleachers, so it'll be interesting to see how the sales go. I bought a $160 seat (for one show) on the last tour , and was closer to the stage than most of the GA section - it may be a tough sell this time. The scalping site confirms that the 50 yard line is the best "seat" in the house.

The scalping site confirms that the 50 yard line is the best "seat" in the house.

McGuinness said the stage will be at one end of the stadium as usual, not in the middle of the field. It won't be an in-the-round setup as we know it, but rather, a stage at one end of the field without a screen in back to block the view of fans sitting behind the stage... similar to the Vertigo Tour arena shows.

Assuming this is correct, the tickets behind the stage might actually turn out to be pretty decent, except for the sound, possibly. If Live Nation charges only $30 for those seats, I might be interested.

As soon as I get confirmed information (Monday) I will update the forum title. :wink:

about how many GA's did they sell for the Honolulu show and any guesses on how many for this tour? GA in a stadium seems scary after seeing Slane and U23D.

The sick thing is... I might buy 2 GAs for lottery purposes and then buy two seats (hopefully below face from scalpers caught with $250 tix) in case I don't win.

this tour will be like as the Zoo Tv '92 / Zooropa Tour '93 :drool::drool: they come over 2 times in the summer :drool::drool:

McGuinness said the stage will be at one end of the stadium as usual, not in the middle of the field. It won't be an in-the-round setup as we know it, but rather, a stage at one end of the field without a screen in back to block the view of fans sitting behind the stage... similar to the Vertigo Tour arena shows.

He also mentioned there is no "behind the stage", and Larry mentioned something about being near the middle of the field -"The stage is like a spaceship and this allows us to be placed close to the centre of the stadium."

I guess we'll see on Monday.

I liked "Kiss the future".

I haven't been around this weekend, just checked and saw they changed the name to U2360. I don't like it much, too many numbers.

I liked "Kiss the future".

I haven't been around this weekend, just checked and saw they changed the name to U2360. I don't like it much, too many numbers.

I'm too lazy to pronounce it with all those numbers:lol:, I will be calling it just Tour

The economy in Canada is also in a recession it might not be as large as the US one but it definatly is there. This is the first time in 15 years Canada has ran a deficit as far as government spending goes, however the U2 fanbase in Canada is very strong and always has been.

This is the first time in 15 years Canada has ran a deficit as far as government spending goes

Lucky fucking bastards. My generation is inheriting upwards of US$10trillion of government debt here in the wonderful happyworld of America.

But I'm still excited for the tour!

I don't know... but I think U2360 sucks as a name. It has no connection to the album whatsoever. It's the kinda of name that the Stones would use if they were doing a 360 stage.
Kiss the Future was awesome. I'm still hoping that this isn't the final name. :reject:

I don't know... but I think U2360 sucks as a name. It has no connection to the album whatsoever. It's the kinda of name that the Stones would use if they were doing a 360 stage.
Kiss the Future was awesome. I'm still hoping that this isn't the final name. :reject:

Agree completely -- how far ahead of East Coast is Dublin?

Announcements pending @ 8 AM Dublin would mean what in US?

Sorry, too lazy to Google (-:

^3 in the morning East Coast

I just read through this whole thread...is it really that hard to get GA? Is it better to buy seats? I'm so confused! Has the time elapsed to get the pre-sale code?

I'll have no problem getting there super early, but from what I've read even if u get there early you're not guaranteed a good spot? I thought this was a first come first serve deal...and this whole lottery thing...:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom