Is 5 shows in 1 week too much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh yeah go for it- a U2 tour happens every 4/5 years- make the most of it, you only live once- enjoy it

I've done multiple concerts like that and it is very tiring but well worth it- although as I get older I have to remember the travelling to and from London (200 mile round trip for me) gets a bit harder!

luckily U2 have kindly spread out the dates that I'm going to this time so my "tour" runs on and off from end of June to end of August

Go for it!!! .. I did four in a row during Elevation and the adrenaline kick you get out off it every time is amazing!!!!!

I did the first 7 of Elevation, directly after backpacking through Europe for 55 days without going home. It was exhausting, but great and I will never forget it. I would do it again, if I could in a heartbeat.

So, no its not too many- Go for it. You will never forget it.

I'm planning on 4, unless they add a 3rd Boston or NY date. In that case, 5. :wink:

i want to go to alot but seeing as theyre all so fucking far from each other i cant.

I'm pondering visiting my Dad and Step-Mom in France and my dozens of cousins in Ireland, and seeing the respective concerts during that time.

Just have to figure out if it's realistic financially and energetically.

^ Me too. Maybe 5 or 6 Boston, NY and DC

Those are the same shows I'm hoping to hit. Kinda considering Charlottesville, but it'll probably be the same setlist as DC. At least with multiple nights in one city, you're likely to see some setlist changes. However, if I can manage a cheap/free ticket, that's another story...

Agreed. Not in the same situation as during Vertigo and man am I ever glad I did those 20 or so shows, as who knows when that chance will come again. Not in one week, however lol

This time around I'll be lucky to do 2 or 3 :sad:

While booking my flight from the US-Dublin for the Croke Park shows, I inquired to the airline to see how much more it would be to do US-Amsterdam-Dublin-US.

Surprisingly, it was just about the same price.

Would it be overkill to catch 5 shows in a week. Im definitely hitting the 3 Croke Park gigs regardless, just wanted to get opinions on whether people would try to hit all 5 shows.

there is no such thing as 'too much U2' !!!

Have fun!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom