General Sale experiences march 14t - any news on extra dates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I marked out sections of preferred seats the night before so I wouldn't be caught short... couldn't afford green lol ;)

arena2d.jpg

^Based on that, Paul McG. should not have said there is no "behind the stage" - there is. Otherwise, the blue seats in the back wouldn't be cheaper than the pink seats in the front.

Yeah, green was just too expensive for me considering my travelling costs. Maybe Croker will be green for me, I dunno.

ntalwar: The more I think about it, the tour name is a poor choice - the stage isn't in the middle of the field and obviously they think rear seats are worse. Having the stage at one end implicitly makes a "back and front" to both audience and performer - Bono is naturally gonna spend most time directed to most people.

Of course, I understand the technical limitations and it is great it enabled a cheaper ticket price for some.

My plan of a few pints in town last night before heading home to stay up for tickets...bad idea. Passed out about an hour before the gen. sale started and just woke up to find the GA for both Amsterdam shows sold out.
:doh:

What seats did you go for?

Im really undecided about which ones to get. :/ I was thinking the blue-behind stage ones, but any other ones, you sort of think "well theyre so close to the cheap ones, you might as well get those"

Got the 33 Euro ones - only ones I could get without an error message popping up. I am not so bothered about the distance. There will still be plenty of craic to be had from the cheapo seats :up:

ntalwar: The more I think about it, the tour name is a poor choice - the stage isn't in the middle of the field and obviously they think rear seats are worse. Having the stage at one end implicitly makes a "back and front" to both audience and performer - Bono is naturally gonna spend most time directed to most people.

Of course, I understand the technical limitations and it is great it enabled a cheaper ticket price for some.

yeah- both the tour name and the u2.com animation are way off. It'll be interesting to see if any stadiums look like the animation, with people on the field surrounding the stage in all directions.

I haven't really been paying attention to the prices of these tickets. Maybe my math is off, but are the green seats really $190?? If that's right, that's kinda ridiculous considering 1. the economy and 2. not even the arena seats were that expensive.

I haven't really been paying attention to the prices of these tickets. Maybe my math is off, but are the green seats really $190?? If that's right, that's kinda ridiculous considering 1. the economy and 2. not even the arena seats were that expensive.

150 euro = 190 dollar

in the US the most expensive seats will be 250. So it's relatively cheap.

I haven't really been paying attention to the prices of these tickets. Maybe my math is off, but are the green seats really $190?? If that's right, that's kinda ridiculous considering 1. the economy

I really thought they would cost a lot more. Can't say I can complain, I've paid more in the past few years for other concert tickets. And if the seats are too expensive, you either fork out for the one you really want and go to less concerts than you thought you'd go to or go for a less pricey option. Nobody is being forced to shell out that much money if they can't/don't want to.

Back
Top Bottom