Edge says "New things" for 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jphelmet

Refugee
Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else, this is from new rolling stone. Here's what Edge says about the 2010 U2 360 tour:

"Because of the YouTube broadcast, I can't imagine that we'd come back and continue with that exact same show. We'll want to develop and adapt it. The next time people see us, there will be new things to show."

Hoping they really rework the whole flow of the show. I liked the first legs, but still think they can really improve upon it. I would hate to see them do the same set, and just plug in a couple of new songs.

Really would love to see them really mix up the 2nd half of the show. It seemed to be autopilot once they hit the half way mark.

Yeah, I loved Elevation 3 leg and Vertigo when you just never knew what they'd do. Also, if the album is out by then, we'll be getting some of their songs. I bet they'll do a new opener and closer

SMB

I think they'll have to change it up (different setlists etc.), if for no other reason than to help sell out all the shows. It'll need to seem like a different tour, as much as can be done with the same stage.

Has U2 ever had such a big break between legs?

Personally, I'm thinking this break is going to be a very productive one and that the next leg is going to blow these first two out of the water... that's my theory. If they get a new album out, they'll be coming in with new songs, they would already know the stage, I think this can be a great thing for U2 and their fans...

Just my $.02

I really hope to hear something different with the shows next year...would love to hear In God's Country, HMTMKMKM, and maybe even Electrical Storm. I don't think they played any of those songs on this leg, but I am really looking forward to seeing if they get the new album out by then.

They had a long break between the arena Europe leg and start of the Outside Broadcast leg on Zoo TV but I'm not sure which break was longer...

Personally, I'm thinking this break is going to be a very productive one and that the next leg is going to blow these first two out of the water... that's my theory. If they get a new album out, they'll be coming in with new songs, they would already know the stage, I think this can be a great thing for U2 and their fans...

Just my $.02

hmmmm..yes :up:

I suspect this could mean the premiere of several NLOTH songs. :up: I say that seeing as they had thought of playing the complete album in Fez. It could also mean the dropping of some...

Yeah I think you're right. Bono even mentions playing White As Snow in the tour program for this year.

It'd be great to hear Fez live. Not too fussed on Stand Up Comedy myself but I know there are loads of people around these parts who love that song.

While i personally love the opener... is that going to be a song now and maybe be actually preformed (even though it sounds much more like just a "fez" type of song).

And maybe they could switch kingdom for the full version of fez... but i like space oddity.... and rocket man as the PA system open/closer songs... :(

Just my $.02
why do you have to always be so negative? :sigh:

I hope they release good music.... :( lol I may be reading up too much but i don't want bono to want everybody to like their music... screw everyone else! :p

This sounds good.. and I'm ready for Songs of Ascent now. I love No Line.. but I also want to see what Songs of Ascent has to offer. However, would love to see something more substantial performed from Pop. He's been hinting at Mofo and would love to hear that in the future. Also Drowning Man has been hinted at... and really would love to see maybe Even Better Than The Real Thing or Hold Me Thrill Me

Back
Top Bottom