Credit where credit is due

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mackemlad

The Fly
After the debacle that was the presale for Vertigo, where it took me all day to get my tickets and yet got another set first attempt when they went on general release the next day.

I would like to say thanks to theose who have made the whole expereience a lot less frustrating this time.

I got my tickets for Glasgow first attempt at exactly 10 oclock this morning.
I sat waiting for the release time and it went really smooth.

Also thanks for keeping the prices down £55 for GA is about the same as Vertigo I think, that was four years ago so its not bad.

One tip I would give is, Update your ticketmaster account or create one before you click to buy your tickets.

Some of the times they give you to complete the forms are very tight 2.00 mins and 3.00 mins being usual.
If you are in any way clumsy on the keyboard it could mean missing the time and having to start again.

If you are registred it will be so much easier.

Anyway roll on August 18th :lol:

I'm not ready to gush just yet... the general sale experiences so far have been abysmal - as has the speed and accuracy of information from U2.com

Hardly surprising that a sale for just a few thousand people went well. Hopefully tomorrow and Friday will boost my opinion of U2.com/livenation/ticketmaster

Also thanks for keeping the prices down £55 for GA is about the same as Vertigo I think, that was four years ago so its not bad.

I agree about the GA prices. I have just dug out my ticket stubs from 2005 and the GA price was £50.00 plus £4.75 service charge so I can put up with a 25p price increase in 4 years

:applaud:

It seems like so far the pre-sales have been going very well. I'm happy for the people that are getting the tickets they wanted. :up: It definitely seems to be far less of a mess than the Vertigo fiasco.

Hopefully the U.S. pre-sale experiences will be equally smooth.

totally agree-well done to all involved with this pre-sale- I recall the Vertigo pre-sale- 3 hours of stress yelling at the computer and ticketbastard in particular-now I find myself saying well done TicketMaster (which is a bit strange)

the general sales are another matter, and there isn't a great deal that u2 can do about that- even if they stagger the on sale dates they are at the mercy of the ticket agent websites

congradulations to u2.com
the preslae went really smoothly

4 ga´s for dublin within about 20 seconds

excellent service and for 60 a ticket is reasonable

seems to be going very well thus far, but i'm withholding my final opinion until i see how Boots subscribers do tomorrow during the Dublin presale!!! :pray:

ARGH!! I'm freaking out! TOTALLY happy for you guys having such a smooth experience after the complete SHITSTORM of the last tour but i'm really hoping General Sale goes alright.

My friend works at the millenium stadium, gets a Access All Areas pass for the U2 gig, lucky schmuck! :mad: so if I don't manage to get tickets it's going to be devestating, so I'm hoping the general sale goes as smoothly. Hoping it's true that they'll add the odd extra date on during the sale if they go so quickly.

same here - reserving judgement until I dive in tomorrow at 3pm. So far u2.com has been useless and still haven't received that email with pre sale instructions (although I know you don't need it). Good luck to all over next couple of days!!!

Agree with the advice above. Make sure you have an active ticketmaster account. Much easier this time than with vertigo.

Tickets via Propaganda were even easier in 1987 but that's another story...

More like (need more) credit when credit card is due!!! :ohmy:

Pretty aghast at the fees that eventim.nl charged for a cashless, paperfree transaction..... Guess it covers the cost of burnt out servers??

Nice to see this thread, should have started one myself. Today was the quickest, most hassle-free pre-sale I've ever taken part in.

Top marks to all involved :applaud:

Well to be honest you are effectively paying $50 for the privilege of buying pre sale tickets so I'd expect it to be smooth,its not exactly rocket science.

I even give them credit for last tour. I know it was very stressful for many people for a few days, but didn't they fix it, and then eventually everyone got the tickets they wanted? And then Larry apologized on television for the fiasco? (I loved him for that). And I could be remembering wrong here, but didn't many people end up with extra tickets out of the deal? I'm kind of foggy on that last part. Were they given extra tickets intentionally, for their trouble, or was it that the presale codes seemed to work for more than one transaction? I do know that by the 3rd leg, everything was running very smoothly, and I got my presale tickets with no problem whatsoever.

Fanks!

Anyone know when Berlin is going on sale (not pre-sale)??
I checked on u2.com and it said December 1969!!! That's one heck of a pre-sale period :lol:

I heard the public sale for Berlin is the 27th March and the pre sale starts on the 24th. I also hear there will be a press conference concerning this show on the 19th as shortly after the show there is a football league game and there is some concern as to whether they can get the staging down in time. Best advice is keep watching that space!

My experience of this pre sale isnt good I'm in the UK and it took 2 of us over 3 hours to get 4 tickets for Dublin 1, the site wouldnt load.
Vertigo I booked 8 sets of pre sale tickets in under 40 minutes!:doh:

I hope to god that it goes better tomorrow when we try for Dublin 2 Wembley and Sheffield!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:huh:

My experience of this pre sale isnt good I'm in the UK and it took 2 of us over 3 hours to get 4 tickets for Dublin 1, the site wouldnt load.
Vertigo I booked 8 sets of pre sale tickets in under 40 minutes!:doh:

I hope to god that it goes better tomorrow when we try for Dublin 2 Wembley and Sheffield!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:huh:

Were you using Firefox? I've had some issues getting that to work with TM of late so stick with IE (TM seem to have put a new version of their software in and ever since I have had Firefox issues).

Had absolutely no trouble this morning booking Dublin 1 & Wembley (2 pre-sale accounts, 2 billing addresses!). That even included 5-10 minutes dithering around to see if any Red Zone GA would come up. Will be interesting to see how the Breathe & Boots folk get on - hopefully there are more than enough tickets to go round in the pre-sale.

Actually, I had a great experience too. I just got Paris GA. Everything worked really well and the service was really smooth.

I'm impressed!

I have to agree that the pre-sale was the smoothest process I have ever gone through to buy tickets since 1986 when I first started going to gigs. they deserve a pat on the back! :hug:

had a great experience with the Dublin presale as a Boots subscriber-- thank you, U2!!! :applaud:

me too.:applaud:

4 tickets so the costs for the subsciption for u2.com is relatively low.
I am completely surprised it was THIS easy

Back
Top Bottom